Freelance Home Writers

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by gracebarb, Feb 18, 2008.

1. EveningStar

EveningStar New Member

secure: I am going to definitely post a "BEWARE" message on my site and point a link back to here for others to read. I sure hope that it helps others before they give up the credit card information.

[​IMG] i will also publish this on my blacklist on my site. Its really nice to find such information here on the forum before you join this crap.
    It would be ok if they would just close your account after the 3 days trial period. But taking money without noticing you again is just bad.
  2. BartonImaging

BartonImaging New Member

Marsonda, GAF stands for Get A Freelancer
  3. cborle

cborle New Member

I am another one ripped off by this site. They continued making $47.00 charges (higher for me after the currency exchange to Canadian dollars), even after my emails canceling my account.

After the second month following my request to cancel I just got my credit card fraud department involved. I forwarded copies of the cancellation emails I sent, as well as a print screen image of the terms and conditions page which mentions they have a 100% money back guarantee.

After 4 months of work with my credit card, during which I was continually charged the monthly fee, they charged back the payments, and credited my MasterCard.

Within two days [​IMG] I got an email from Free lance homewriters mentioning they have finally canceled my account, but offering me the chance to buy a "great opportunity".

What a joke.

BEWARE THIS SITE IS A TOTAL RIPOFF ! ! !
  4. AnnieQ

AnnieQ New Member

I have also been ripped off by this company. I'm a student in the UK and I signed up just to see what the site was like, I thought for $2.95 why not check it out. I didn't expect to be charged $97 and so am now desperately trying to cancel my membership and get a refund before I get my bank involved. I'm so glad I found this website though, reading through the comments has been very helpful. I just hope I can get my money back without too much hassle from them.
  5. robertgallagher

robertgallagher New Member

you can use payperpost.com and today.com both are free sites for writer who right the unique article.
  6. besthomebiz

besthomebiz New Member

Be careful of these people who ask for money upfront.
  7. tmv

tmv New Member

Google "ghost writers", that what they are normally called.

CHECK THEIR WORK FIRST BEFORE YOU DROP A DIME
  8. Cacti45

Cacti45 New Member

I signed up for this aswell. I didnt care about the 2.95. But i was mad when i saw they charged me $47. I emailed them with a threat. And today i got my money back
  9. kqueen

kqueen New Member

I feel I should add my experience with FREELANCE HOME WRITERS here. I was suckered by the $2.95 charge to sign up and start making a decent living by freelance writing. I love to write and thought it would be a great way to make some extra money costing me only $2.95 to get started. RIP-OFF!!!! The company charged my
    account $97.00 without my approval. Now I have to cancel my card, close my account and contact a lawyer to STOP any further withdraws. If a company asks for ANY TYPE of fee they are a scam!!! I'm out $97.00 but I hope this will help someone else.[​IMG] [​IMG]
  10. Areder

Areder New Member

Hi, I too am a newbie, I just visited the site you mentioned and read the fine print. The $2.95 is only for a 7 day trial, then there is nearly a $50.00 monthly fee that applies.
    While I was reading my phishing filter alarm went off, I tried to get out of the site, but it was so difficult that I had to close the tab to get out of it.
    This site is suspicious, and I would warn people about clicking on the link.
  11. charm01

charm01 New Member

This company is a big FRAUD. They will charge your account every month for $47.00 even without you noticing.

They are rude (that is if you can finally get someone on the phone).

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!
  12. Pinkeelee

Pinkeelee New Member

Do NOT give them your $2.95..they will take it and then they will take another fee from your credit card the next month or not even a month later..then they will do it agin the following month! I am currently having my bank inquire into this for me because they did it to me..so do not do it..it is a scam!
  13. dani_nae

dani_nae New Member

I didn't know you could contact the D.A. on companies like this. amazingly I just came across this company the other day and knew it had scam written all over it. I'm sorry for those of you who got sucked into it!
  14. Pinkeelee

Pinkeelee New Member

My bank was pretty good about it. I contacted them again and asked the girl if she had access to the web right then and she went and checked this site out while i was on the phone with her. She read all of these comments and said she would print the page off and take it to the company and show them what had happened and get back to me. She said i should give them 1 week to respond to my phonecalls and see what they said but that she didn't think i should have a problem getting the charges reversed. They have some kind of fruad clause..mine was a Visa through Scotiabank.
  15. Wishful Writer

Wishful Writer New Member

I just stumbled across this website myself and have been burned enough in the past to research any site before giving them money. I found all of this feedback and immediately ran screaming from this company. Thanks!
  16. Mischevia

Mischevia New Member

Just today I received an email from these people. I was suspisious right from the start and Googled them and found this wonderful site.
    Mark down one silver lining for todays events. ^_^

It is pathetic that such companies are ripping off so many people, especially with the economy the way it is. I do so hope that you all get your funds back and again am grateful that though the company is bogus, I found this site and am now a member.

Best advice, always know who you are dealing with. Check the BBB and google the heck out of it before you send any cash.

Best of luck to all.
  17. kyera

kyera New Member

Please for the love of all that is holy, stay away from freelancehomewriters.com this is a scam, there is almost no way of canceling from what I can tell and they charge you $47 dollars a month! I am trying to cancel now, my bank is not very helpful and unless you want to have to cacel your card, stay away!
  18. kyera

kyera New Member

Okay, just a quick question. I am trying to cancel this freelancehomewriters thing and I have sent 8 emails, to no avail. What did you say that made them cancel your subscription finally??? I am having no sucess calling or emailing, maybe I am too nice!
  19. janalbert

janalbert New Member

Thank you everyone for blogging about this scam. When Freelance Homewriters.com's response to my inquiry about their company resulted in them trying to get me to pay to be trained I thought I would look for a blog like this one....thank you for confirming what I suspected.
  20. Trish1313

Trish1313 New Member

I am hearing a lot of people being charged more than what they thought but has anyone actually gotten work through them? It does clearly state that the trial is for 7 days at 2.95 and you will be charged more monthly afterwards unless you call to cancel. I don't mind paying more a month if I'm making even more than that with them... So that is why I am asking if anyone has gotten jobs and made any kind of money with them??? Thanks!