Freelance Home Writers

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by gracebarb, Feb 18, 2008.

1. tbaust

tbaust New Member

bad news, stay clear. Do a reviews on them and there are lots of complains.
  2. gowriter

gowriter Member

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

PLUS - if you are really great at writing - set up YOUR OWN blog or website and write articles for yourself... directing people to YOUR stuff.

There are all kinds of stuff you can promote through a short blog or website for commissions - go to places like shareasale.com - cj.com - clickbank.com etc, to find stuff to promote and be an affilaite for.

[​IMG]
  4. tctrader

tctrader New Member

If you are serious about writing and making some money go to Elance.com. I use them for outsourcing my writing requirements. I also use Need-an-article.com. They can use good writers.[​IMG]
  5. dmccormick

dmccormick New Member

Well for all of the "geniuses" that have claimed they were taken for a ride by this company, uhm you weren't. Your "$2.95" was for a "Trial" and the trial is only for 7 days. The site also mentions that there is a monthly fee of $47 dollars. One of the critical qualities of a writer would be their attention to detail. This wasn't a really small detail, it was rather blatant on the page that you click the "Agree" to terms button when you gleefully forked over your "$2.95" as if you were going to gain permanent access to this resource for that amount of money.... Note, that the site doesn't have a contact us link and that there are 3 pages to navigate through. Overall the site appears to be legitimate, especially because they provide a phone number for you to call and cancel your MEMBERSHIP at anytime. Here's a copy and pasted excerpt directly from their site... YOU BE THE JUDGE...

"An "Unlimited Access" membership to the FreeLance Home Writers Private Site normally costs $69.95...

But I'm going to take the risk off you completely with our Special Risk Free Trial Membership which allows you to see for yourself what all the hype is about. For only $2.95 you will have unlimited access to the same money making tools that thousands of our other members have for 7 days. Monthly membership is only $47 dollars which is a fraction of what you will make with the Freelance Home Writers system. Try this amazing system for yourself and if you don't like it, no worries you can call our 800 number anytime to cancel your subscription no questions asked. There are no obligations of ANY kind! "

Uhm Duh...
  6. IMarketer

IMarketer New Member

Well genius, maybe you can tell people why they would have to pay to get a job?[​IMG]

dmccormick: Well for all of the "geniuses"
  7. Sam_Jones

Sam_Jones New Member

The best thing for those who want to involve in article writing to check for jobs on freelance websites and online forums. There are rather too many scammers on the Net.
  8. aztec08

aztec08 New Member

Well I got scammed by this lovely website as well. I used my check card to pay. I called my bank and asked them to block my current card and issue a new number. They did so with no problem. I hope this takes care of it.

I guess I was dumb enough to be taken in by these people but I think its despicable that they take advantage of people especially during these economic times. [​IMG]
  9. JudyK1

JudyK1 New Member

They are dishonest. They cancelled my membship and refused to refund the $19.95 that they charged me.
  10. debbystewart

debbystewart New Member

IAMROUGHDRAFT: Well I don't mind paying 2.95 to find out what a fool I am, but they DEBITED ME $47.00 with out my permission! My bank then charged me a 39.00 fee for insufficiant funds. It took me just a few mins to get omn the phone
    and they tried to tell me that I didn't read the fine print and that it "clearly stated that they would be deducted from your account" I raised my voice mentioned that I would be reporting them to the authorities including my banks FRAUD division and was transfered to another individiual who tried to make me feel like I was a fool for thinking that I could get any thing for 2.95 and I guess they were right!
    I am sorry to hear about your trouble. I was burned before with a similar scam. They charge you a low introductory rate and then they jack up the payment.
    Be careful. Don't pay anyone for jobs. There are many freelance websites like this freelance marketplace that are free.
  11. Keziah

Keziah New Member

Hi,
    Do not give this company your card details as it's a scam. After the initial $2.95 they then took unauthorised by me a further ??30.24 which I have no way of getting back. It makes me truly sick as I am already a struggling single mother trying to make ends meet, which means that my Broadband direct debit has not been paid this month.
    Best wishes
    Kim
  12. Dale in GA

Dale in GA New Member

I was very interested in this site and clicked on the link I got after responding to their ad on Craig's List. My first thought that it might be a scam was when they had this very long page listing all the wonderful things that would happen if I signed up . . . and then the teaser for $2.95.

I didn't even think that there might be a large monthly membership fee, I just thought that it migght be a way to get unlimited access to my credit card, so I googled "Freelance Home Writers Ripoff" and got an education.

One person pointed out that a recurring monthly membership fee of close to $50 is simply unconscionable for such a site. (Here's her full article: http://freelancewrite.about.com/b/2009/03/06/freelance-home-writers-dont-bother-295-n ot.htm)
  13. angelopan

angelopan New Member

Hi, Please do NOT register with this company, they are absolute 'Rip Off' merchants who have deduct over $300 from my student sons debit card and I am finding it impossible to speak to anyone or get any response from this shit company......they are a complete bunch of crooks that should be reported to the correct authorities, if I lived in the states I would make an effort to visit them but unfortunately we live in the UK so not much we can do from here!
  14. angelopan

angelopan New Member

Hi, Please do NOT register with this company, they are absolute 'Rip Off' merchants who have deduct over $300 from my student sons debit card and I am finding it impossible to speak to anyone or get any response from this shit company......they are a complete bunch of crooks that should be reported to the correct authorities, if I lived in the states I would make an effort to visit them but unfortunately we live in the UK so not much we can do from here!
  15. owenn

owenn New Member

hey man no need to join sites which ask you for money there are many sites where you can get work for free and that to genunine sites.
  16. James Peter

James Peter New Member

There are so many people out there with no morals or ethics who are just waiting nto take your money, whether it is $2.95 or $29,000. Be extremely careful and do your due diligence. Then follow your gut.
    Peace.
  17. Fraggle422

Fraggle422 New Member

I have been caught on this one, anyone know how to contact them from the UK?
    They only have a 1-800 no. on the site and no email![​IMG]
  18. sarah84

sarah84 Guest

does it really work?
  19. macmaster

macmaster New Member

Don't do it, if they will charge 2.95$ , they will let it go for free. The only reason for the 2.95$ charge is your credit card information! That's what it's all about. The charges (on your creditcard) and headaches will never stop.
  20. dweekley

dweekley New Member

gracebarb
    they let you sign up but there no garanty you get money within seven days they charge your credit card and make you sign up for other sites that take $10 for every check you earn plus $3.99 for sign up and 10% a month.[/b]they don't give their promissed refund either[/b].they've scammed more then 1000 people.