Funnest way I have ever made money

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by wazaweb, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Julsy

Julsy New Member

I get it now, Thanks for sharing this bit of info. Definately worth looking into when I am ready to take on a new project!

2. JMorgan

JMorgan New Member

It's really a nice way to make extra cash. The most challenging part is getting your site up ans running and doing a little marketing.

For your friend to be receiving 60, 000 hits per day, that is astounding.

Say he is receiving 0.5% (I'm assuming his CTR is a lot more) Click Through Rate on ads... that would be 300 clicks each day. For a whole month that would be 9,000 clicks. Again, worse case scenario with each click he gains $0.05 - his total monthly earnings would be $450.00. Not bad if you ask me. That could pay for one or two car payments depending on what car you are driving.

3. David

David New Member

Thanks guys. Once again you have shown why this is such a great forum. I never would have thought of this sort of business.
    The only questions are do you need to organize your own web hosting etc. to install the script? Are they easy to make SEO friendly

David

4. msibd

msibd New Member

Very good info and very interested.....But quick question. Does one script put all these games on the site or each game has a diffrent script?

5. wazaweb

wazaweb New Member

wow ,so sorry to abandon this thread..my old computer blew up and i totally forgot all about this site [​IMG] derrrr...

anyways I found it again and I'm back,lol

As for your questions wow, wish i had of answered them months ago, but yeah..

Arcade sites are just flash/shockwave game sites or portals...
    very easy to get visitors and very easy to make money off.

but their are some cons...
    Competition is huge unless you pick a niche catagory to target eg - instead of shooting games - I would target Sniper Games
    another con is their cpc is very low, with the average arcade/game site generating $0.01 - $0.05 per click from google...

BUT....with some testing and testing and some more testing you can get those numbers up ,like i did...

Off my arcade sites alone(I have 5 now) I am making $1400 USD p/month [​IMG]

These sites pay for my PPC campaigns which generates 5 times that..

here is an example of a site I put together - GamesPond(dot)net

it does take work but t is very fun...

6. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Absolutely cool!
    Victoria

7. brownlickie

brownlickie New Member

I have read your post and I too would like to earn a few dollars . Having only limited skills about this type of enterprise , could I ask you a few questions. How do you go about setting this up. You have already done this and after looking at ARCADESCRIPT. online , I find this confusing as to what they actually supply for the money.
    One site was fairly expensive and quite vague . I think they were only selling the licience , but I am not sure. I think the concept is good and I would like to give it ago. regards Brian

8. wazaweb

wazaweb New Member

Possibly the coolest work at home job ever!!!

Ok here is another long awaited update to this once again abandoned thread lol..

over the last few months i have been like usual a busy boy..here is some really cool stuff thats been happening since my last post.

I have pretty much doubled my monthly revenue and am totally full time work at home. Also i have been gettin heaps of crazy freebies from addvertisers as bonuses and i am totally lovin this..

3months ago i sold my second game site and I was pretty pleased with the sale i think i could have gotten more but yeah. The site sold for $5500 US not bad for a 10month old site where i did stuff all but add games that i really like playing.

When that site was sold i thought ooh no what have i done, this site was making $20 - $30 a day from adsense and VCM , time to work harder on my other sites to make up for it.

So me being a sucker for games i bought a really cool domain name UG2.com and started yet another online games site. This time this ones for good cause i plan on turning this into a bit of a brand. I have made a couple of games(not published yet) and hope to make many more and this site is going to be the main platform to show off my games that i make..

Enough with that, here is some other cool stuff - when i owned my previous game site (gamespond DOT net) I was approched by like atleast 2-3 advertisers a week and I was lucky enough to be approched by an advertising company that had a campaign to promote a cool xbox 360 game. All i had to do was add some flash games that was about the game and spread the word a bit. each game i added i was given $20 - not bad for 5minutes work, now cause i own multiple game sites - like 10 now, i was given $20 for each site i added the game 2. Now there was only like 5 games that i had to add but i got to pocket some pretty nice cash plus when the campaign ended I recieved heaps of cool bonuses like the game it self and posters and stuff which to me was awesome.

Ok so i noticed there is a few people that are interested in this so i am going to give some more advice and refer you to a real gem of a script that makes sites explode with traffic and you know what lots of traffic means - lots of $$$

Tip 1
    This is totally not hard at all to set up, upload to server, run installer and just add games. Easy..

Tip 2
    trade traffic - im no expert at this but this is the fastest way to get people through your site. The script im going to refer you to has an awesome traffic trading script built in..

Tip 3
    You will come across some really cool people , treat them all like kings/queens these maybe from traffic trading partner to advertisers. be nice , and they be nice..

Tip 4
    dont be scared of the big boys, there is plenty of pie left over, im talkin miniclip , net-games.biz and the other big players. Over time its not hard to be gettin 30k visitors a day.

Tip 5
    become a tester - im always testing ad positions - adsense ads on arcade sites pay very small $$ per click, a lot of people are only gettin like .01c - .05c per click. I have optimised via testing and i get .10c - .20c per click. Sounds small but if your gettin like 200 - 2000 clicks a day it ads up..

Tip 6
    dont go for the cheap scripts, by this i mean cms(content managment system) the script will have an admin panel wher you add the games - very easy. and it will pretty much run the site for you. You can get a good script for well under $100

Tip 7
    Be unique, a lot of scripts will come with templates/designs , use these but as soon as you can pay a designer to make it look good and different to everyone elses sites..better still if you know how design it yourself.

now there is much more to it all but you will learn along the way. This truley is the most fun way to make money online...

Here is the link to my favorite script Arcade Trade Script - yes this is a referal link but if you do decide to buy a script else where make sure you check the features out. And make sure your getting what you pay for..

I will make a post very soon on how to run and maintain a arcade site very soon in a new thread but till then. Hope this provided some insperation..[​IMG]

[Link removed - Admin]

9. comthing

comthing New Member

Arcade site, how is it work?

10. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

comthing: Arcade site, how is it work?
    lol - maybe you should read through the entire post again.[​IMG]

11. lejla

lejla New Member

When You buy this script how many games do you have or how you go about getting games. This is very interesting idea.

12. mmaatt

mmaatt New Member

Arcade site. Great idea to make a little extra cash online. I might have to start my own.