1. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Active Member

Matt Zenittini: My strategy is coach someone to make $100 in their first 7 days as an affiliate of GDI before they are even charged their $10 join fee. That way they stay on my team and start to build their team.
    Sounds like you would be a great GDI sponsor!

Too bad you no longer even promote GDI - as you mentioned in your PM to me.

If I had you as a GDI sponsor, I probably would have done better.
    No doubt!

Mainly, no one at GDI offered any help, or even contacted me.
    I don't know why my sponsor wouldn't try to help me with my downline, since they would only benefit from the increased commissions.

Maybe they were only interested in those $100 payments for getting 5 or more referalls in a week - never mind if they stick around for a while or not!

I guess you could say I am pretty dissatisfied with GDI.

And now that I have a few marketing skills going on, I have found a MUCH better hosting deal than GDI at AcademyTeamSolutions.com.

I see a lot of folx here claiming to be so successful with GDI.

I officially DARE anyone to show me how to get $100 in 7 the FIRST SEVEN DAYS at GDI.

Or is Matt Z. the only one who can do this?
  2. zedra71

zedra71 New Member

GDI is not an easy sell as you aal know, getting some one to join and not guiding them on how to make it work for them will not benifit you or that person. They will just quit. No business venture is automatic you need to take the time to norish it to make it grow. Duplication might work in some cases not all!
  3. ImportEyedea

ImportEyedea New Member

Duplication is the issue but the problem isn't as obvious as most people think.

It mostly goes back to the ol' Leading the proverbial Horse to water line.

Some people, no matter how much they whine, beg, cajole, plead or try to manipulate, simply are not dedicated enough to be successful. I see it on a regular basis.

What I see is people being handed step by step instructions for generating traffic. They receive hours of phone assistance and time spent responding to emails.

Yet at the end of the day they refuse to do the work required of them. And they are angry about their lack of progress.

This post isn't meant to attack anyone here or judge their reasons for not working with GDI. I'm simply speaking from the instances of people I've come into contact with in the course of our team building.
  4. vinnymatrix

vinnymatrix Guest

Well I have been with GDI only a month and Im already on the leaderboard for $100 bonus for that 1 week. I promote it through a FREE to join system.
  5. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

TJamMoneyMan,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

PM'd you today buddy.

Aaron Riddell
  6. TJamMoneyMan

zedra71: GDI is not an easy sell as you aal know,
    vinnymatrix: Well I have been with GDI only a month and Im already on the leaderboard for $100 bonus for that 1 week. I promote it through a FREE to join system.
    It seems obvious that these two comments are very contradictory at least.

Frankly when I see a comment claiming such great success from a "FREE to join system", I can't help but think that person is on a recruitment drive for that 'free' system - with a paid upgrade no doubt (does any 'free' system lack a paid upgrade option?) that will mean commissions for that 'successful' GDI promoter.

ImportEyedea: What I see is people being handed step by step instructions for generating traffic. They receive hours of phone assistance and time spent responding to emails.
    Hi there ImportEyeda!

I'd sure like to see what 'step by step instructions for generating traffic' you are talking about!

I would like to point out that I have seen various marketing plans/ideas that are also impractical however.
    Or may work for some people, but not for others.

You really can't blame someone for not doing something that just won't work for them, or looks that way to them.
    Some folx seem to have an income/income earner of their own, leaving them with tons of free time to endlessly Safelist and Traffic Exchange, even when there's little in the way of results!
    Other folks have jobs, families, and lives to tend to, and need to get a decent amount of SLEEP to begin the next day.

But if anyone knows of a practical plan that actually WORKS for GDI, I'd love to hear of it!

It's not that I think that promoting GDI is hopeless, but GDI has been around for many years now.
    Competition and market saturation also play a part at this point.

Then too, let's be honest, it's really not much of a hosting plan, as hosting plans go.
    Not for the price.

All these posts seem to be about making MONEY with GDI, getting on the $100 a week leader boards etc.
    Not much about what you actually GET for your $10/month.

Just MHO...
  7. ImportEyedea

ImportEyedea New Member

Hi TJam!

We organized a comprehensive training video series to get people on our team started. We have since moved on to using another system for promotion that also incorporates updated versions of the original videos.

While some people may look at video training as a "cop out", we found it necessary for a variety of reasons:

1) International business means not everyone can communicate clearly by phone or messaging service.

2) As you mentioned, people have lives. So video resources let everyone have access to the information they need, even if their schedules conflict with ours.

3) When you are working with large numbers of people, being able to update a training website with new and current information is much more efficient then sending emails, making phone calls or sending smoke signals. Time is money.

Do you currently promote GDI? Alot of people we've come into contact with through them have expressed issues with a lack of an upline. So I fully understand if that burned you out!
  8. jonathon

jonathon New Member

Is anyone still using the 3in7 system as this has caught my eye from previous posts.
  9. NewRich23

NewRich23 New Member

GDI is an excellent way to earn residual income. The thing is getting your downline. If you are able to get a hardworking downline, you and your team will be smiling on the way to the bank[​IMG]
  10. bosco

bosco New Member

GDI is crappy product.

It's a swindle, IMO, plain and simple.

It's about $1 worth of webhosting for $10 -- (fact, not my opinion).

For some people it's a money maker, but they are making money
    by overcharging people by a factor of ten.

The first rule of selling MLM or ANY kind of program is you question if the product is good on its own at the price, without the income potential. Would you buy it if you couldn't make money?

If the answer is no, then you should not sell it. If everyone took
    that test, nobody would be hawking GDI.

GVO, on the other hand passes that test. You get real web hosting, autoresponder, video hosting and 10 seat conference room for a price that some people pay more just for their Aweber autoresponder (because Aweber's price increases as your subscribers grow.)

And they pay a lot better than GDI.
  11. TJamMoneyMan

ImportEyedea: We organized a comprehensive training video series to get people on our team started. We have since moved on to using another system for promotion that also incorporates updated versions of the original videos.
    I'd have to take a look at that video training series before voicing my opinion.
    But suffice it to say, folx have presented me with 'marketing plans' that were just not worth the tremendous time investment.
    And there are those 'webinars' which for me completely defeat the purpose of doing business online - making my own schedule!
    So I can understand the rationale you present about videos being more convenient.

The times of most webinars - evening hours during the week, is simply impossible for me to work with.
    I really don't know how that's supposed to work on a national/international level what with different time zones and all!

But getting OFF the clock, is the major reason for my pursuing online income in the first place!!

ImportEyedea: Do you currently promote GDI? Alot of people we've come into contact with through them have expressed issues with a lack of an upline. So I fully understand if that burned you out!

I just trashed my GDI account for those reasons and others.

I think GDI is just about making money, not the product.
    But I may give it a go, IF someone or some team can show me a practical way to make money with it.

My GDI upline may have just as well been top level members of the KGB and CIA for all I heard from them!!
  12. bosco

bosco New Member

Matt Zenittini: Did you know that for every 5 people you get in a one week period you are paid $100?
    Don't they make you buy at least $30 in promotional CDs so it's more like $70?

Only a tiny fraction of GDI'ers ever even make that bonus a single time.

The bottom line though is the product itself is worth maybe 1/10 of what you pay for it. The only reason to sell it is to make money. Not to sell a quality product (hosting) in and of itself.

The first rule of MLM is to ask if the product is a good deal without the opportunity potential, and I don't know how anybody can answer that in the affirmative.

I guess I'm happy for you that you're one of the few small minority who make the bonus money, but I barely see any difference in selling this product than those deals where you place ads for typing jobs and people have to pay you and you in turn tell them to place ads for typing jobs. The typing is simply the typing you do to place the ads.

There is no real typing job, just as there is almost no hosting for your money in GDI. 10% of what you can get anywhere else is horrible. It's just enough to get by without being shut down as a ponzi scheme.
  13. ImportEyedea

ImportEyedea New Member

bosco, i'm going to disagree with what you've said mostly because we do have people contributing to our residual income because they are actually only customers.

that means they are not building the business, they're simply using the product.

these are generally people that find us on their own and never call or get in touch. why? because they get the service they need from GDI.

i would also like to warn you about gvo. we lost over 3,000 members of our mailing list when they changed servers and "misplaced" our information. not the type of product line we felt comfortable promoting to our team.
  14. TJamMoneyMan

ImportEyedea: i would also like to warn you about gvo. we lost over 3,000 members of our mailing list when they changed servers and "misplaced" our information. not the type of product line we felt comfortable promoting to our team.
    I WILL say this can be an issue in newer hosting companies.

And losing information is unacceptable.

Start ups often find themselves hacked into at one time or another, and wind up down for a period of time.

Time IS money if you have a professional website!
    A day offline can mean hundreds of $$ lost!

I can't say if GDI never has such problems, and I don't know how many people use GDI for serious moneymaking websites either.

GDI has been around quite a while though!

Still, I think it's the money making opportunity that is the real value with GDI.

GoDaddy, for one, kicks GDI ass, and at a much lower price.
    But GoDaddy, doesn't have an affiliate plan!

The AFFILIATE PLAN of GDI has to be paid for from SOMEWHERE!
    So the membership dues are higher than competing hosting services.

That's the way it is with any hosting plan that also has an affiliate plan in addition.
    There simply MUST be money there to pay the affiliates, in ADDITION to the hosting service.

If I am wrong, please show me how.
  15. rickcerd

rickcerd New Member

ann: Is anyone familiar with the GDI opportunity? I just joined - it looks great, and just thought I'd see if there is anyone else out there who is in it and how you like it so far? Ann

Ann,

I have been with GDI since 2007. Very good company, especially in their ethics. Never late on their payments and of course, they do have and propose many ideas to have you grow. Really, for USD$10 a month, no one should complain and the program, when is well guided, works great.

Like anything, you have to work at it, and learn the tricks of the trade. In Internet really "patience is a virtue". It takes time and effort to build a good team in these programs. The important thing in any of these programs is to have a good support and someone you can contact when things are not going as you expect. That serves two purposes, one is guidance and a little sheering; we all need that from time to time.
  16. rickcerd

rickcerd New Member

ann: Is anyone familiar with the GDI opportunity? I just joined - it looks great, and just thought I'd see if there is anyone else out there who is in it and how you like it so far? Ann

Hi Ann,

I have been a member of GDI since 2005. It is a very good company, specially when it comes to ethics. They always pay on time, and the offer, for USD$10 a month, is very good. It certainly gives you the possibility to build your own business. Like any business, you have to work at it, so take the time to go to the webinars they have available on your back office and listen to the pros in there. They will give you some guidelines as to what to do with your business and how to make it grow.

Definitely, you are in a good starting place. Is a company with a great reputation in the Internet world.
  17. hwinwood

hwinwood New Member

I believe that most people using GDI are buying into the opportunity, because if someone is looking for the product only will go to GoDaddy or HostGator instead.

And GDI as an opportunity will be extremely hard to build. Attrition rate is very high. The reason for that would be of course that the payout is $1. So someone that is looking lets say for $4000 per month needs of course 4000 costumers to achieve that goal.
    That is very hard to achieve for the average network marketer especially when the drop out rate it extremely high.

I've been in GDI years ago and I was wondering why I was failing.
    Now I know...it's all math.
  18. monds6

monds6 New Member

Hey Guys,

Don't really come here to much anymore, but I read all the challenges that some have had with GDI, and heard all the Pros and Cons different people had to say over the last few years.

I have a question since I could not find it on here. Have you guys heard of PowerPath GDI?

Essentially, the goal is Teamwork. Everyone that joins committs to advertising daily. This can be done through FREE manual traffic exchanges. We have training that shows you how you can do this in about 30 minutes a day.

PowerPath GDI promotes your GDI url until you have
    6 signups for GDI and then we turn around and do the same
    for those 6. It is done until everyone's matrix if filled.

If you want the details, you can check my signature or you can go to www.powerpathgdi.com - which is not a referral link it is the main site.

Now is a good time to get in, as they are launching PowerPath 2.0 on May 2nd. The details are on the site, and it is designed to speed up the process of filling everyone's matrix as fast as possible. The goal is to get your matrix filled in the next 12-24 months from joining. It is a long term project, but hey where will you be in two years if you don't do something [​IMG]

PS - They also have a second income stream as well, and will most likely be adding more in the future. It is worth checking out given that it is only 10.00 a month, and 19.95 total a month if you join the second stream as well.
  19. ekohn

ekohn New Member

hwinwood: Attrition rate is very high. The reason for that would be of course that the payout is $1. So someone that is looking lets say for $4000 per month needs of course 4000 costumers to achieve that goal.
    Hey just stumbled across this post. I was under the impression that you got paid $1.00 for anyone in your organization, whether they be direct or indirect? Maybe I misunderstood....

Also, they were doing a promotion there for awhile where for every 5 direct referrals you got, they paid you an additional $100. Not sure if it's still going on or not now though....

If you do in fact get paid on every individual in your organization, GDI could still be a pretty powerful business opportunity. The credibility behind the business is strong but that could also be a weak point, as newer competition hits the internet.
  20. hunterhill

hunterhill Guest

I looked into this company a while ago and I couldn't go with a company that was going to charge $100 for a web domain that go-daddy only charged me $1.07.

But that might just be me.

Goodeal & Gooluck
    HHH