General info on Multi Level Marketing

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by coreyjroman, Aug 4, 2005.

1. ryan80 Guest

MLM is awesome. You just have to find the right programme and join the right team. Its easy if you have someone to show you what to do.

Ryan
  2. globas New Member

does any1 kno of any MLM systems that they have trie and work, could u tell me them please
    Thanks
  3. RICH4NURICHE New Member

globas: does any1 kno of any MLM systems that they have trie and work, could u tell me them please
    Thanks
    What are you looking for in an MLM? Is there a specific line of products or services you have interest in?
  4. globas New Member

I am pretty open minded and am just looking for some advice
  5. executiveleads New Member

If you join an MLM program for free, most likly you will be doing all the back breaking work. If you pay to get in, you will have others doing your back breaking work, while receiving a percentage of their efforts.

I've heard it as downline or account executive before. Uplines help but only to a certain point.
  6. dataentryreview New Member

But it is not possible to get approved at all times. If you have started MLM already , then you can earn more and more with MLM .. Otherwise it would be difficult to get paid from MLM .
  7. shmeeko69 Member

MLM is not for me aka pyramid selling. It may have worked for a few but having been involved in the hard sell many moons ago, I know from experience that, the odds are stacked against you ! Creating your own genuine list, is for sure the way to go & if you offer your customers good products & information, that'll see you alright for the near future !
    Dataentryreview you don't need "" in your text links or capitals - URL to make your text clickable, refer back to your profile & it'll make sense to you.

WEBSITE - PRODUCTS - TRAFFIC - MONEY - [IMG]

Mark [IMG]
  8. dougadam New Member

Another good article Corey [IMG]
  9. pokermom New Member

Has any body every tried MLM in the poker industry. That is what I am giving a go now. Have always just been an affiliate before this. Will let you guys know how it goes, when I know how it went[IMG]
  10. WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

pokermom: Has any body every tried MLM in the poker industry. That is what I am giving a go now. Have always just been an affiliate before this. Will let you guys know how it goes, when I know how it went
    AAAAHHHH....Memories,

Yes, poker affiliate marketing was one of my biggest money makers, and as it was a two tier affiliate program, it made it near MLM. lol

The U.S. put the nail in the coffin on gambling, and even threatened the affiliates marketing it, in fact, some companies who were nothing more than providers of advertising got slammed, so for the most part it is all over in the U.S. market for gambling sites.

What I have found which is similar is AllXClub, and they offer strip poker through an MLM structure, so you cannot play for money, but hey, playing for your opponents clothes can be just as fun. lol

Many are fighting to get poker back on the internet, and FullTilt is pushing the envelope testing constitutional rights issue, so who knows, I for one enjoy playing poker online, as I did all the other games several years ago. MLM is perfect model for gambling, so if your deal figures out how to get payments to them from U.S., let me know.

Success to all,
  11. edwinb New Member

Too many people give on their MLM program too soon and jump to the next best thing. My belief is that you have to decide how long you are going to give it to meet your requirements. I am currently involved in a program whose services I use myself and love them so I'm giving it a 5 year plan. There's no big hurry here since I use the product myself and it pays for itself over and over. I'm in another program and I have given it a 12 month plan. I beleive this one should generate what I am looking for sooner than later. I also use the products but can live without them if I decide not to stay with the program.

Here is a great article that speaks to the jump ship mentality:

Win The Race--Stay In One Place!
    Leonard Clements

One of the saddest things I see happening in this industry is the huge number of folks who wander aimlessly through this ever widening sea of network marketing opportunities. These are people who indeed find an island oasis from time to time, only to jump right back into the cold, rough surf in search for a "better" paradise. As I watch them swim away, I know their fate--another island, another return to the sea. Then finally, with no strength left to swim another stroke, their hopes and dreams for a better, more secure life through network marketing sinks to the ocean floor. But alas, there is no floor, for it has been covered, layer upon layer, by the drowned hopes and dreams of so many others before them.

Or, we can liken these people to a marathon participant who runs the first of a 20 mile race, then sprints back to the starting line--over and over and over. Then, he/she stands confused and frustrated by his/her lack of progress (most likely blaming the course, his/her shoes, the race promoters, the weather).

You see, building a network marketing organization takes time. It takes patience. But, what few distributors (in any opportunity) seem to realize is that it gets easier, it happens faster, as time goes on. So few MLM distributors stick around long enough to see this happen. Think about it for a moment. You start out with one person building your organization--you! Then you sign up a couple friends. Now you have three people all working to build your organization. In a month or two, you might have only twelve people in your downline. But, that's twelve people who could all contribute to your downline. The more your group builds, the more people there are to help build it even bigger.

This phenomenon, called geometric progression or "momentum," does exist, and it can occur within your own personal downline much like it does for a company. After all, aren't all the distributors in an MLM company part of one really big downline? Your downline can go into momentum too, on a smaller scale of course. However, depending on your activity, the opportunity you're involved in, and at least a little luck, this onset of your own mini-momentum might take three months, five months, perhaps a year. As long as you're recruiting at least one new distributor every month or two, it is mathematically inevitable that your organizational growth will begin to accelerate on it's own.

So let's say, for the sake of example, that momentum would strike around the sixth month. How many people in this industry do you think are long gone from their opportunity before they even approach that sixth month? After all, they're not rich yet, and the promises of all those other opportunities are just so enticing, aren't they? Well, the answer is thousands. Thousands!

And, how many hopes and dreams lie at the bottom of the MLM ocean? That's right--thousands. It's no coincidence.

The ocean's cold. There are sharks out there. Find a nice warm island, make it your home, and see what you can build on it.
  12. Andy3568 New Member

I'd just like to reiterate what I believe is the most important question to ask before you take on MLM (or any other business). What do you like? Have you ever heard someone say, "I can't wait until I have enough members under me so I can finally stop doing what I love." Doesn't make sense, does it? If you're doing what you love, more members will mean more money, but you won't want to quit... which, of course, will mean even more money. [IMG]
  13. JoelCowen New Member

I think one thing to look at would be Leadership as well. Has the leaders or owners of your company been in network marketing before? How successful were they? These are questions you need to ask before jumping right in.

To your freedom and success,

Joel
  14. nfilipov New Member

Andy3568: I'd just like to reiterate what I believe is the most important question to ask before you take on MLM (or any other business). What do you like? Have you ever heard someone say, "I can't wait until I have enough members under me so I can finally stop doing what I love." Doesn't make sense, does it? If you're doing what you love, more members will mean more money, but you won't want to quit... which, of course, will mean even more money.
    I agree with you. I've recently started with one MLM, and soon I will be earning enough money to quit my day job. I don't expect to stop doing what i love. After a while I will become a mentor in my team and I will educate my team and help them. And by helping them to earn money, I will earn money as well... [IMG]
  15. caroline6391 New Member

I know this post is a few years later but thank you so much for posting this! It is great information, and I was a bit confused about exactly what MLM was until I read all this.

Thanks again![IMG]
  16. talfighel Silver Member

If you really think about it hard and long, a JOB is also a pyramid.

You get:

Owner
    CEO
    Executives
    Upper management
    Middle management
    Supervisors
    The workers at the bottom

The owner for sure is making the highest income. Then the CEO is making a few millions per yer.

So a job in this stracture is also considered to be a pyramid.

Think about that.

Tal
  17. shaun New Member

Tal
    I agree and Whenever I point this fact out to people who do the whole "is this a pyramid" they cant quite grasp what I ve just said.
    people are funny at the best of times.
    The same can be said for Real Estate Agents , Mortgage Brokers & Franchising. These are all perfectly accepted by the mainstream but are really a "pyramid structure". Perhaps its because the are percieved more like "jobs" even though they are basically commission based. Sadly we are all conditioned fom birth to understand and know that a "job' is what we all must get.
    As a child we are all asked ..."So what do you want to when you grow up little johhny?" The expected response is always a choice of career. personally I never knew what to say to this question when I was young as a "job" didnt look like a very good idea at all !!
  18. talfighel Silver Member

Yeah, the first thing that people think when they hear "network marketing" is PYRAMID.

If you tell them that their job is one, they look at you like a dog looks at you when is he not sure what you want from him. Like head to the right and head to the left. You know what I mean...

Tal
  19. ImportEyedea New Member

talfighel: Owner
    CEO
    Executives
    Upper management
    Middle management
    Supervisors
    The workers at the bottom
    the true pyramid and my favorite analogy. and the best part is people that disagree have the nerve to say We're the ones that are brainwashed!

!!
  20. liveyourdream New Member

coreyjroman
    My wife and I have been approached about MLMs countless times over the past 25 years and have avoided getting involved with all of them. That is, until we were introduced to a company that is based on network marketing rather than traditional MLM/pyramid deals. I'd be interested in hearing from others with similar background.