Getting Backlinks the Spiritual (Easy) Way

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Vishal P. Rao, Jan 15, 2010.

1. kimboathome

kimboathome New Member

While I agree that the content you put out should be your primary focus, I also think you need to promote that content if you want it to be seen by more than a few people. However that is the key - content promotion as opposed to link building.

If link building is your primary concern, there's a good chance you'll be left with a bunch of links but few other results to speak of. If you focus on putting out quality content, and then promote in the right way, to the right audience (strategic guest posting etc) then you are far more likely to have success.

2. swampqueen32

swampqueen32 Member

I'm just sitting here being thankful that I ran across this thread. My site is new, and I haven't had any luck getting backlinks. Then, I heard that this should be put on hold until after Google's Penguin report is finished.

Sometimes I just stay confused over all this o_O......

Anyway, I had decided just go on writing and hoping that one day, someone will find me!

Thanks for putting this out there! I love this forum! :)

Vishal P. Rao likes this.
  3. sojos

sojos New Member

I have never used backlinks before until I read somewhere that in order to be seen you need back links or my sites will be lost with the millions of others. I'm still trying to figure it out what that really is. I kinda get the jest of it, but not completely.

4. kimboathome

kimboathome New Member

Wow! Such a powerful message and one I completely agree with, not just with SEO, but anything you're working towards. Yes, set and aspire to future goals, and have those in mind each day. But when you get to work, be in the present and focus on the task at hand and trust that the results will come.

5. Tina19

Tina19 New Member

6. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

When a website includes a link back to your website on their website, it's called a backlink.

7. Tina19

Tina19 New Member

Thank you, this really helps.

8. Kami A.

Kami A. New Member

I think people overthink backlinks, and maybe try too hard. I got most of my best backlinks generically, through people sharing on their blogs. I think Google is now chasing down and devaluing exchanged backlinks, because of what Matt Cutts just said about guest posts. I know that buying backlinks now will get you blacklisted entirely from most search engines. I don't know how they tell if they are sold or not, but maybe because a blog has too many backlinks in each piece of content? Who knows what these people think.

9. kingsway

kingsway New Member

Superb post Vishal. What causes a lot of trouble is when you concentrate so hard on how to get visitors to your site and there are literally thousands of ways to do this but who do you listen to?

It's also like the parable of the sower. The farmer goes out to sow but has no control whatsoever of where the seed will land all his job is to concentrate on putting out the seed but has no influence at all as to what fruit will grow from the seed or if any at all.

It's the same with our marketing just put your best stuff out there and it will find the people that it's meant to and they will decide whether to investigate further or clear off somewhere else you or i have no effect on the decision's that people will come to, that's entirely their choice.

A very stress-free way of marketing! Wonderful!