Getting Discouraged

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by hockeyadc, Apr 4, 2012.

1. hockeyadc New Member

For a couple weeks now, I've been working my ass off trying to get some electric customers to choose North American Power as their energy supplier.

To me, it makes complete sense, you save money on something your already using, but NO ONE has signed up yet! I've been trying ad words, capture pages, craiglist ads, going to my friends and family, putting up flyers, everything I can think of.

Does anyone else have any advice or encouraging words lol. It would be great to just see ONE person sign up!
  2. talfighel Silver Member

I have no know how in that field that you are trying to sell, but I think you should keep trying and maybe change your approach to selling this.

Next thing I would do is to keep at it. Some one somewhere will say YES.

At the same time, read the book Think and grow rich By Napoleon Hill. This will help you a whole lot.
  3. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

hockeyadc: I've been trying ad words, capture pages, craiglist ads, going to my friends and family, putting up flyers, everything I can think of.
    Sometimes it's how you do these things. People do things similar and recruit people everyday. I would find someone in your upline who is successful and copy what they did.

Matt
  4. hockeyadc New Member

Hmm well, I am at the top of the list lol, I wanted to do this myself. I do talk to the CEO of the company every once and a while, perhaps he could provide me with some advice.

Do you think going door to door and talking to people about it is a good idea? I've afraid they won't be interested and I will come off as a salesman who they hate..

I'm going to check out that book too thank you.
  5. A8ch Gold Member

Seems to me that "saving money" is the biggest and perhaps only benefit people will get by switching to your energy supplier. If that's true, then you ought to be using numbers to drive home that point.

1. Ask to see the prospect's most recent utility bill.

2. Calculate what they would have paid if they had been a customer of your company. (That figure should be less than their current utility bill).

3. Subtract the smaller figure from their current bill to get at the amount they would have saved if they had been a customer of your supplier.

4. Then multiply the amount saved by 12 to show how much they could potentially save each year.

5. Finally, explain how quick and easy a process it would be for them to switch suppliers today and start enjoying those huge savings.

And go from there!

Hermas
  6. hockeyadc: For a couple weeks now, I've been working my ass off trying to get some electric customers to choose North American Power as their energy supplier.

To me, it makes complete sense, you save money on something your already using, but NO ONE has signed up yet! I've been trying ad words, capture pages, craiglist ads, going to my friends and family, putting up flyers, everything I can think of.

Does anyone else have any advice or encouraging words lol. It would be great to just see ONE person sign up!
    I am not suggesting that you quit Internet Marketing because the people who fail at IM are those who quit!

You are working with a geographically limited program, which severely limits the number of people you are going to be able to contact. You are stuck in Illinois, which state is already experiencing its own brand of economic woes.

Since you indicate that you have some level of expertise in internet marketing, I would suggest that you take a look around and find programs which appeal to a broader base.

Best wishes!
  7. hockeyadc New Member

Great advice thank you. Showing numbers is definitely a good idea. Maybe I could even make up my own flyer, showing a sample of how much an average user could save.

I'm not very good at graphic design though lol We will see how that goes!

Thanks all
  8. happywife Gold Member

hockeyadc: I'm not very good at graphic design though lol We will see how that goes!
    Just get all your data together/ready and pay someone $5 to do it for you on fiverr.com. [IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  9. RICH4NURICHE New Member

hockeyadc, better yet, do a video using your own testimony on how you saved by switching. You can use documents to show proof, blocking out private information like account numbers for security purposes. This is yours to post and share anywhere (by rules and guidelines of course) you feel would be seen by your target market.
  10. Ildiko75 New Member

hockeyadc,

Do you call your procpects, or do you just e-mail them?
    Even if you send out e-mails to all of your prospects, it is recommended to personally follow up with them on the phone. When you call them, you don't have to give a sales pitch since your e-mail already did that for you! A simple follow up and to ask if you can assist them with their questions might make a big difference.
    I hope this helps! [IMG]
  11. closerjim Member

Hello again hockyadc,

You have a lot of heart, I'll give you that.

There's issues at the foundation of your offering that I can't tell where
    to start to help you, because I'm not there to hear what you're saying.

But let's start with this.

1. Are you expecting someone to switch there POWER PROVIDER
    from reading an email or an ad or seeing a video on a website?

2. Do you talk to these people ever?

My guess is, from the "working my ass off" comment, you must be
    talking to some of them.

So, what do you say? What's the approach?

And to make this really easy ... I'm going to give you my phone
    number so you can call me and we'll talk JUST about your deal
    for you, nothing about mine. Fair enough?

You can reach me generally from 4pm to 8pm Mon, Tues, Wed.

Outside those times I'm either playing pool (my other passion) or
    I am on a call or feeding the horses.

This is all I do and all I've done full time for 20 years.

Here's the thing. There's so much garbage out there on "how to"
    and a ton of free advice from others who have massive blind spots
    in their experience, that you could take years ... if you last that long
    to figure it out.

We'll talk for up to an hour. My gift to you, simply as a way for me
    to "give back" to the Universal Good, if you like.

In an hour, we'll take 5 years off your learning curve.

Anyone else reading this post ... if you want to talk, send me a
    private message first and we can communicate a bit first through
    email or the pm system.

I've seen our friend hockeyadc posting for a bit and have an idea
    where he's at, thus the invitation to call me.

Have a super great weekend all,
  12. Interesting,

Having researched this industry when deregulation first hit the market, there were several companies offering savings on electric in a limited area. Needless to say, if you are not in one of the areas, it is more difficult as I believe this is a service which must be sold face to face, not through the internet by email.

If you are going to succeed, you are better off going after others to become distributors which will hopefully convert to a customer, just as all MLM's are based on. I prefer a product or service which has enough value to get a customers attention since most are not looking for the income opportunity compared to those looking to save money.

The price point advice is good starting point, but as I remember when I was checking it out, there was minimum savings offered, a couple hundred a year, and this was not a lot, so if you can offer more savings, then you have to show it. Perhaps if you offer a free energy audit which most people don't know about, but are offered in many states by utility companies. Everyone responds to free. lol

Success to all,
  13. greenkat New Member

Since you probably don't feel comfortable going door to door, and others have suggested you have some flyers made up - why not go "car to car" and put flyers on their cars?

You have to go to the grocery store, right? And we know what we are thinking when we leave the grocery store - how high the prices have got. I always look at the flyers because I'm curious.

And that book the other poster recommended it great! Try half.com for cheap used books.
  14. chrisblanks New Member

hockeyadc: For a couple weeks now, I've been working my ass off trying to get some electric customers to choose North American Power as their energy supplier.

@hockeyadc. Find a leader in your business it could be your sponsor or anyone in your business who is a leader that is making the kind of money that you want to make. Hang around them ask them question do what they do. Get you an accountability partner, someone who will hold you accountable to making sure you do what you need to do to be successful and will keep at it until you are. Read some motivation/training books or audios daily this will help you stay focused and motivated. Write your goals down. Create you a dream board and put everything that you want to accomplish on that dream board.
  15. crisstar Member

I too agree that you should find out what other people are doing in your company and try to model that.

Also, you should have testimonials of people who are saving money on their energy with your company. Some people need social proof.

Personally for me (and I know there are other people like me) I like reliability even if I have to pay more for it. I would not change energy companies even if I knew there was one that could potentially save me money. To get people to switch from something they've had for years...and it's been the only thing they've known is a hard sell in my opinion.

But like I said find someone who is doing it well and see if you can copy their techniques.
  16. CoastalProfit New Member

Hi hockeyadc, I just want to say the same many others are telling you! Just don't quit! Sometimes it just takes a little more time. Not everybody will see what you see! Just because we see the light doesn't mean that others will.
    "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss it you will land among the stars." Lester Louis Brown Just don't quit!!!

Be encouraged!
    Claudette Mitchell
  17. ShannyC 83 New Member

I agree with most here as it has been my experience in life that the difference between those who make it, the people who are successful, and those who don't is persistance. It truley does pay! However, you can put everything you have got into selling something, if you don't have a good product nobody is going to buy it!!! I'm not saying you don't just that I agree that is a hard sell. There are some products out there that really do sell themselves. I'v been marketing for a long time now and definetely had my ups and downs. My rule of thumb has become that if you are not seeing any results after 3 mths of your very best efforts. Well then honestly your efforts would be of better use elsewhere!
  18. ariesunicorn New Member

Does anyone else have any advice or encouraging words lol. It would be great to just see ONE person sign up![/quote]

Are you passionate about what you are selling, or are you just selling to make money? There is nothing "wrong" with either answer, but I find when you are passionate about selling, the selling just sort of happens.

Businesses take a while to build. Passion and dedication are a must for ANY venture.

I hope this helped. I understand your frustration.
  19. jagike New Member

Doing this for a couple is not long enough, it is all about the numbers...is it frustrating, yes, will you get the people to sign up yes...every call you make, you will fine tune your delivery.
  20. Joshua Reed New Member

Perseverance is the key. Just when you think you have posted enough...post some more. You have to just keep chugging away at it. It took me over a month of hustling before I started seeing results.

DON'T GIVE UP!