Getting targeted traffic?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by tonyb, Feb 6, 2006.

1. tonyb

tonyb New Member

Does anyone know where to get real targeted traffic? I am tired of these companies pretending to offer targeted traffic and really deliver nothing. I know traffic is the blood lines to any online business.

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

If you have time, the best option to get targeted traffic is to work yourself for it. If you have money, then I would suggest Adwords or Yahoo Search Marketing. The visitors you get from these campaigns are the most targeted as they are not provided any incentive to visit your site. However, these visitors don't come cheap and unless you have a proven system in place, it can drain your resources faster than you can imagine.

3. netjobs

netjobs Member

Dont forget the Free Classifieds system, they are working well, try to find out some free classifieds sites and post your offers in relative category and always keep on testing with sites and mainly track your visitors paths, it will help more to keep advertising regularly on particular resources... visit webmaster forums about getting traffic...

Test, Test, Test... this is success formula...[​IMG]

4. internetcash

internetcash New Member

I must agree with the last post. I have been getting tons of prospects from placing 'free classifieds' online.
    I just search for Free internet advertising and started checking them out. I registered for those that looked good.

You know if they read your ad and then go to your site that that is what they are really looking for.

Some pretend to be free, but aren't really...so beware. Your obvious clue is when they ask for payment. [​IMG]

I didn't even know that this advertising existed until I started working my program. I'm on a role now.

5. philena30

philena30 New Member

Yes.. also submit articles and ezines. I also like to use the Veretekk system [Affiliate link removed - Admin] because it helps increase my SEO so you will get more target traffic. And automatically submits your site to search engines. You can customize your meta tags and everything. And it's free.

6. tonyb

tonyb New Member

How can I make money by next week by advertising? I only have a $100.

7. Hey tonyb,

It takes a lot more than one step.
    Maybe you should find another system.
    If not, you will have to work hard and take baby steps until you find your target audience.

Joe

8. netjobs

netjobs Member

Quoting: tonybHow can I make money by next week by advertising? I only have a $100.

If you believe in your program that makes the visitors to customers or ur downline, then you can go for adwords or other PPC with ur $100 and that will make you money not in 1 week but in 1 day... but its not easy to do adwords for newbies... so its pretty risk one.. think and get start...

9. PolskaSurf

PolskaSurf New Member

Yep, Google adwords are the only way to go! [​IMG]

10. tafkaga

tafkaga New Member

Before you spend a whole bunch of money on Adwords, you need to learn about how to use them first. There are people every day who are new to advertising that are spending hundreds or thousands on Adwords and not getting results. I would recommend an ebook like the Rich Jerk or Adwords 1-2-3. You can find both on my site and both are very good.

Adwords is tricky and can cost a lot, so you don't want to throw that money away.

11. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

To answer your question, it really depends on whether or not you are doing pay per click advertising or not. If so, you can generate some very good keywords with Word Tracker, although it will cost you $50 per month.

You can also try article writing and blogging. I hope this helps.

12. susaneng

susaneng New Member

Quoting: netjobsDont forget the Free Classifieds system, they are working well, try to find out some free classifieds sites and post your offers in relative category and always keep on testing with sites and mainly track your visitors paths, it will help more to keep advertising regularly on particular resources... visit webmaster forums about getting traffic...

Can you please tell me how you track your visitors? I posted on some free classifieds and I have been getting some prospects but I am not sure where they are from.
    Thank you,
    Susan

13. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

14. krazykat_nz

krazykat_nz New Member

Loads of people are probably saying this... Ad words is the way to go! easy to set up and targeted... what else could you want really? works really well for me and I'm not even at the top of the list!

15. robynann

robynann New Member

I am going to ask a question with this too. I have used Free Classified and not sure how well it works, but what if you are not selling anything, how effective is Adwords. I did it for two months and it can add up fast..... am I missing something? I have also used Network Solutions (my hosting company) Marketing where they submit to search engines for me.... going okay so far. Search Monster is another good one that you can use for FREE.
    Hope that helps.

16. krazykat_nz

krazykat_nz New Member

The only thing I can say here is... I use adwords to advertise the program I sell, the cost to advertise is small compared to the quality leads and sign ups I recieve from it. It's not something I would recommend you do unless your selling something in some form... if your doing it that way your paying for traffic to your site and not re-couping that money, this is a good way to get into debt fast! There is a fantastic five day ourse you can do that will explain the sunnier side of Adwords for you and help you to get the most out of it too... http://www.perrymarshall.com/google/ By the way... this guy really knows what he's talking about!

17. razorlgacy

razorlgacy New Member

I would suggest Adwords as a great way to generate traffic but it does require som heavy maintainance on your end.

Make sure that you are making a good ROI which means that you must have spot on records and analysis tools handy. Google Adwords provides a analytical feature that I think is just big brother looking out for anothr way to ovr charge you.

Point being that it is the best way in a rush to generate traffic for your newly made site.

18. ipin

ipin New Member

Hi,
    I would suggest viral marketing. It is free and fast way of marketing.

19. hedges

hedges New Member

Hello all,
    I want to know if I get an e-store and buy targetted traffic from people like wantedhits.com is advisable and which are the e-store providers that are good if it is advisable to get one then which traffic seller is also good at the business with reasonable prices I have just $100 to do all these can I make money please help out. Thanks.

20. tonyb

tonyb New Member

Does anyone know about email marketing?