Getting the facts

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by MrWizard, Aug 8, 2008.

1. MrWizard

MrWizard New Member

I am sure as many of you are that mis information spreads faster then the truth. That is why it is so important that we all do our very best not to speculate or concoct information concerning the resent and current issues facing ASD.

Having said that, I ran across a few comments about Ponzi schemes, since that seems to be the meat of the complaint against ASD.

Many people over the years have also stated that our very own United States Social Sercuirty system is a huge Ponzi Scheme as it too meets or exceeds many of the critria for such a program.

I ask you, Our we sheep in the pen being guarded by the wolf? Would our own goverment use such a tatic on its people, and then with the other hand crush those who would do a the same to create money?

We have all heard that Social Secuity is faliling. Why?
    Could it be the creation of a scheme, placed in front of the Nation and now years later if faultering.
    Below are other staments I'll post:

"Page -2-
    pay to its "investors'" for relinquishing their funds. Because ASD was creating no significant
    new wealth by selling advertising to purchasers outside of its investor-members, the only wealth
    gained by any participant and Bowdoin was wealth lost by other participants."

This is from: United States Attorney's Office
    District of Columbia
    Jeffrey A. Taylor
    United States Attorney
    PRESS RELEASE
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE USAO Public Affairs
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 (202) 514-6933
    www.usdoj.gov/usao/dc
    United States files civil forfeiture compliant against proceeds
    of alleged massive internet-based wire fraud scheme

I cant wait till these fools eat crow. Members of ASD are business people. What do they mean "No New Wealth", If you get someone to make purchases from your website that's new wealth!
    Because you walk into a store does that mean your going to purchase something that day? Maybe your "window shopping". The internet is so huge many "surfers" visits several sites prior to making a purchase. Its just smarter shopping.

My prayers are with the ASD family and its members as we all go though this together!!!

2. kec

kec New Member

I believe that they are talking about new wealth created within asd with the funds so as to have enough to pay people without depending upon only new investors into asd.

In other words I take that to mean from also reading the lawsuit-that in order to give people 125, 150 % etc of their money they cannot depend only on new people coming in as that is ponzi-they were supposed to be creating wealth within asd to be able to pay the members with asd money-not just new investor money.

That was my understanding of the complaint. But I am no attorney.

3. Vaussie

Vaussie New Member

MrWizard: Because you walk into a store does that mean your going to purchase something that day? Maybe your "window shopping". The internet is so huge many "surfers" visits several sites prior to making a purchase. Its just smarter shopping.

This is exactly my point! The results of the advertising is not ASD's responsibilty! Part of the function of advertising is building product familiarization or it's identity. How many people read a magazine and immediately go purchase the goods/services they saw in the magazine or newspaper?

Matches have been used for promotional purposes to increase membership. Increasing the membership is part of promoting the business. Are major players going to banner advertise on a site with less than 100,000 people - not likely. However the larger membership attracts the attention of the big players. In my mind, they were roadblocked before they had an opportunity to reach their goal. Most business plans are not making money from day one. It takes time to implement the entire strategy.

Since when is a handful of people's opinions and misunderstandings of the program evidence of something illegal?