Getting the most mileage out of this or any forum...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Vishal P. Rao, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Nirvana

Nirvana New Member

Thanks Vishal,

I agree. The thing to remember is that this is a community. It's better for people to work in harmony with each other so that we all benefit. It is true that this forum is a marketing tool, but it's the type of tool where the value of your posts counts much more than what is in your signature.

2. RomShan03

RomShan03 New Member

I think that was well said Vishal. I think this is going to be a good site for me to learn from you guys![​IMG]

3. littleg

littleg New Member

Hi, I'm brand new to WAHF. I find this forums highly informative, and I hope to share great information and advice with you.
    I agree 100% with Vishal, promotion should be a by-product here.

Take care,
    Carlos G.

4. drm0500678

drm0500678 New Member

I sometimes try to move around from forum to forum seeking excellent information for my home business ventures. So far I really like this one. It has helped me in many ways to get more backlinks and attain a higher page rank. [​IMG]

5. kingjim

kingjim New Member

Hi Vishal:

You know your thinking is very logical I can also sense the 'marketing integrity' of your comments. What I mean by that is that someone truly understands marketing they will realise that it is about building a relationship with your client. It's about first listening to their needs and offering a solution that would truly profit them.

I like the way you point out the consequences of certain actions. Go for the quick fix and who will you actually be dealing with. Is this a fully qualified prospect that is already on side with you as you have addressed some need of theirs. Or is just a curious tyre kicker who is just seeing if there is a quick buck to be made or to see if you can help them in their quest for 'get rich quick'.

And lets face it, it IS easy to fall for the obvious and try TOO hard and make a self gratifying post. It is understandable when we want to succeed-we want people to buy off us! It takes some maturity to finally realise that when we help others we help ourself. If I want to TAKE then the people I attract will perhaps want to take from me. If my desire is to GIVE then perhaps those I attract will GIVE to me.

I invite anyone who wants to better understand this Law of Attraction to view the movie 'The Secret'. Joe Vitale is one of the people on their well known in Internet circles writes about Spiritual Marketing.

Thank you for a good post to remind of the reason I am really here is to learn, and perhaps to give. And as I give I know it will be given to me and in much greater measure.

Peace.

KJ

6. aivee

aivee New Member

I am so glad I have found this forum!

Very informative and helpful.. Im contemplating of joining up in a couple of internet businesses. Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys and keep it up![​IMG]

7. JustinPhillips

JustinPhillips New Member

Really great write up vishal,

Thanks for having/hosting this forum, I've learned so much information and can't wait to share my knowledge with others. Keep up the great work mate.

8. mywahmommy

mywahmommy New Member

well said !

9. hotconcept

hotconcept New Member

Hello Vishal,

Thanks for your advice. It's clear and well said.

blessings

Guy

10. HarryPi

HarryPi New Member

Hi all,
    I am also veeery new to this forum (as you can probably see by the number of my posts). One thing that struck me immediately when I read through threads and posts is that nearly everyone has at least one if not several signatures with websites at the bottom. Now this forum - I think- is too respectable to advertise and promote scams or fraudulent websites. Therefore my question to each and everyone (although not each and everyone will answer me... [​IMG] ): Did you all check the websites you promote in your sigs and have proven them to be good, honest and rewarding? In other words: Can you recommend them? Thanks, Harry

11. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

HarryPi: Did you all check the websites you promote in your sigs and have proven them to be good, honest and rewarding? In other words: Can you recommend them?

It's always up to you to do due diligence while checking member websites. It's impossible to have control over sites displayed in member's signatures.

12. kingfish

kingfish New Member

I just joined this forum and I all ready like the atmosphere here[​IMG]

13. cupbucket

cupbucket New Member

All good stuff Vishal. Its nice to know that there are others out there who aren't scoundrels.

P.S.
    This is one of the best forums I have seen. THE best in relation to this whole subject. Nice work

Namaste

14. Vishal P. Rao

cupbucket: This is one of the best forums I have seen. THE best in relation to this whole subject. Nice work

Thank you Lee [​IMG]

15. Delton

Delton New Member

I do not sell in my signature. I gave away a video. The video tells about a program.

Through watching the video some may signup most don't but that's Networh marketing.

If someone is already a member of the same program and wants to know how to advertise, how to get members, I will tell them what I can but to keep from writing a letter I will refer them to my sig. so they can see better what I'm talking about.

If they are a member of another program I don't refer them to my sig. because my sig. is only for one program.

If someone wants to know about SEO and I have a free book on the subject I see nothing wrong giving the Url to download the book. I don't ask for names or addresses. just click the Url and the download will began.

If there's anything wrong with that let me know.

just my opinion
    Delton

16. MrSmileyface564

MrSmileyface564 New Member

This is true for anything in life. It like when a person goes to rob a bank yeah they may get some money at that point but then they are hunted by the authorities, looked down on by family and friends and in the long run they end up losing out. This is only an extreme example though I'm not saying everyone who says "look at my signature" in there post is a crook!! [​IMG]

17. Vishal P. Rao

MrSmileyface564: I'm not saying everyone who says "look at my signature" in there post is a crook!!

I think you missed the point! I didn't mean to say that those who coax readers into their signatures are not fair. What I said was that such an approach will do more harm than any good. Marketing is a side-effect of posting in forums and it must be allowed to take it's own course.

18. puckjr

puckjr Guest

Hi guys/gals!
    I'm new here, and I just wanted to say that this is a great post.
    I hope to learn a lot here, and hopefully find out some ways to achieve some of my goals.

19. Twrestler07

Twrestler07 New Member

Hi everyone (and Vishal),
    Obviously a good number of us are here to promote our signatures, and like "opendomain" mentioned people buy you not the product. I try to be sincere but i feel like i don't have enough knowledge to help answere most if any of anyone's concerns.

Again I'm new to this, is there another way i can add value to this forum and not just become a leech flooding the system with useless info?

20. Vishal P. Rao

Twrestler07: Again I'm new to this, is there another way i can add value to this forum and not just become a leech flooding the system with useless info?

I saw your posts and you already have made some valuable contribution to the forum. Just don't be in a hurry and take your own time.