Getting traffic to affiliate review page, need your advice

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by garygoh, Apr 28, 2009.

1. garygoh New Member

If you are promoting clickbank products using affiliate review page, what is your methods of getting traffic to your web page?

Since most of the affiliate review site has only few pages, i.e. contact page, policy and disclaimer page, it is quite difficult to rank well in the search engine and hence relying on organic traffic can be unrealistic.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your advice.
  2. samda Member

Best thing is to choose the correct keywords. I don't think we have any separate methods... But many experts say that on page optimization especially keyword formating plays a key role here.
    Try it out and let us know.
    All the best !
    Sam
  3. jay284 New Member

Garygoh...

Have you considered using Wordpress as a CMS (Content Management System)?

You can set up a very nice review site by using posts or pages and get the same SEO benefits a blog gets.

This may seem confusing, so I will try to explain it...

If you have ever used Wordpress, you know that the default index page will list your latest posts in the order that you choose. Most people go in reverse chronological order (today first, yesterday second, etc...). That is your basic blog.

Now... lets say that you want to build a review site on the Beachbody products....

First, you need to decide if you want sidebars or not. I usually use the sidebars even for sites like this- just to link out to other sites or display a banner ad or two. If you don't want the sidebars, you will have to edit the php or find a theme that does not have sidebars.

Next, build a post for each of the products that you want to create a review for. I would create a post for P90x, Power 90, Slim in 6, and 10 Minute Trainer.

The index page (main page) will have each of the reviews visible to your visitors, and the title will be click-able- for internal links (on page seo juice).

I would then add the All In One SEO plugin which will set up all of the SEO stuff that you will need.

Now, you have a review style site that is built on a CMS. You can go in later and edit the reviews or add more reviews. You also just made your review site user friendly. You can allow comments- admin approved of course- and even allow your visitors to rank each product that you are reviewing (plugin called WP-PostRatings)

This is just a suggestion... I think it will give your review site a little bit more SEO juice and make it much easier to manage. I personally use wordpress as a CMS for most of my web projects -

http://www.you-improved.com

That is an example of mine. Its not a review site... but it looks like a static site with a few links in it.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to get in touch or leave a reply here and I will try to help you out.
  4. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Gary,

If you have file permissions:

Add a page or two a week.

Write articles and link back to your site (if it's yours, else create a site of your own and do the same). That'll increase Page Rank and generate traffic if you do a decent job.

~Newbie Shield~
  5. makemoneyonline New Member

garygoh: Since most of the affiliate review site has only few pages, i.e. contact page, policy and disclaimer page, it is quite difficult to rank well in the search engine and hence relying on organic traffic can be unrealistic.
    I believe that review sites should always have a lot of content pages, not just one main page being optimized for one keyword! If you are going to put in time and effort into creating backlinks, why not make lots of content pages so you get more chances of being ranked for more keywords? More content pages makes your website stronger anyways.

I'd start with articles to get traffic. Research the main keywords of your product review and write separate articles on them.
  6. johnjimat New Member

using wordpress for your sale website is really good. you dont need a website designer to do that. wordpress is just simple
  7. garygoh New Member

Thanks guys for your valuable info and advice
  8. darpon56 New Member

What has worked for me so far is writing lots of keyworded articles for Ezine and GoArticles. You have to be careful with Ezine not to overload with keywords or they won't accept the articles.
  9. albiesaunderson New Member

Hi, I fully endorse the suggestion to use Wordpress for these kinds of sites as Google seems to love blogs and Wordpress makes editing your site really easy. Use SEO plugin!

The trick to driving traffic to small review sites is to target the correct keywords. They should have reasonable traffic and quite low competition (you are never going to outrank an authority site with a 3 page review site, need to be realistic). Having your main keyword in your domain name is helpful and also in the title. In your articles aim for a keyword density around 5% but make sure it reads normally or you will destroy your click through rates and conversions.

Setting up hubpages and squidoo lenses related to your keywords and writing some unique articles promoting your site will also help.
  10. talfighel Silver Member

I guess that article marketing works but you do have to get lots and lots of articles out there. The competition is so big for the work at home field that you have to write new content all the time.

PPC is still the best out there to get good and lots of traffic.

Tal
  11. wahgo New Member

jay284: Have you considered using Wordpress as a CMS (Content Management System)?

You can set up a very nice review site by using posts or pages and get the same SEO benefits a blog gets.

This may seem confusing, so I will try to explain it...

If you have ever used Wordpress, you know that the default index page will list your latest posts in the order that you choose. Most people go in reverse chronological order (today first, yesterday second, etc...). That is your basic blog.

Now... lets say that you want to build a review site on the Beachbody products....

First, you need to decide if you want sidebars or not. I usually use the sidebars even for sites like this- just to link out to other sites or display a banner ad or two. If you don't want the sidebars, you will have to edit the php or find a theme that does not have sidebars.

Next, build a post for each of the products that you want to create a review for. I would create a post for P90x, Power 90, Slim in 6, and 10 Minute Trainer.

The index page (main page) will have each of the reviews visible to your visitors, and the title will be click-able- for internal links (on page seo juice).

I would then add the All In One SEO plugin which will set up all of the SEO stuff that you will need.

Now, you have a review style site that is built on a CMS. You can go in later and edit the reviews or add more reviews. You also just made your review site user friendly. You can allow comments- admin approved of course- and even allow your visitors to rank each product that you are reviewing (plugin called WP-PostRatings)

This is just a suggestion... I think it will give your review site a little bit more SEO juice and make it much easier to manage. I personally use wordpress as a CMS for most of my web projects -
    Lots of very useful information!

People that promote affiliate products find their own way of doing it to succeed. What works for one does not necessarily work for others.

I have simple review sites, opt-in only sites, and larger sites that have been optimized on hundreds of keywords. Also, I find that emails sent with regularity will increase your sales numbers as well.

Traffic generators besides optimizing the site include article marketing, blog posting, and participating in forums with an information giving attitude rather than a sales pitch.

Good Luck!
  12. winlin New Member

garygoh
    It's sounds like you've been given enough advice regarding web site optimization and keywords choice to tell you it is important.

I don't want to sound like a bugger, but you're asking questions that would have been better answered before you set up your site.

The next thing you will need to do is to establish back links to your site. You can write a hub page, a squidoo lens an e-zine article for starters.

Then you may want to begin posting on blogs or anywhere else you can leave a back link to your site or place a link to your site from your signature.

I work in micro niches so 10-20 backlinks with a well chosen domain name and associated keyword normally gets me to the first page for my main keyword search (100% Organic ). Then I add from there...

With more general terms and in a larger or more competitive niche market it could take hundreds of back links and several additional pages of content.

You really need to use some form of keyword tool to analyze the competition before you choose your keywords. Think of it as picking your battles.

You'll have to experiment to find what works best for you. There are tons of free e-books and plr material available on the subject. Did someone say "Linkwheel" ?

Google search for (Search Engine Optimization free e-book) and you should find plenty if you are willing to sign up to someones mailing list.

To your success - WinLin
  13. newpage New Member

Gary

If you're promoting a review page, then you need to get that info in front of people who are specifically looking for reviews.

The quickest most precise way is to use CPV.

It's direct, less costly and will give you immediate results.
  14. kane1976 New Member

Yes i agree with a lot of the above, having your own wordpress blog to post reviews to will certainly go a long way to increasing your affiliate commissions.

Then every time you post a new review, submit it to the top social bookmarking sites using socialmarker.com or onlywire.com.