giving out ssn or sin (Canada) to affiliates

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by jeremyt, Jun 3, 2009.

1. jeremyt

jeremyt New Member

HI there, brand new to this working at home thing and looking to start my own websites and such. I have been told affiliate marketing is a huge market but a lot of store websites ask for ssn or sin#'s to become affiliates. I am a little hesitant at giving out this information as there is a lot of fraud going on. Can anyone give me some advice or their experiences? Thanks in advance.
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I like to check out their websites a bit before I jump on the affiliate wagon but yes, they do ask for that. If you make more than a certain amount they will have to give you a form for taxes then, like a 1099 I think it is here in the states.

This will be my first year of making enough to worry about it, so I guess I will find out what happens.[​IMG]
  3. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Those sites like clickbank, commission junctions, they should be legitimate. But for other sites, i wasn't very sure. You will need to do your research.
  4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

You can also add Sharasale and Linkshare to the list - all of the affiliate networks listed in this thread "so far" are legit.
  5. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

i do affiliate with clickbank and some of my friend that sell products in my country. [​IMG]