Gluten Free

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by Rosie1, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

Any members here follow a Gluten Free diet?

I tried GF in 2006. At the time, I suffered with some health issues and was trying low-carb diet just to lose a few pounds. Low and behold, I felt incredible. After reading up on Celiac's disease and gluten intolerance issues, I made the painful yet positive decision to go completely wheat free. Again, my results were even better. I had more energy and just felt "healthier." Soon after, I became pregnant with our soon after not being able to conceive for almost a year.

I was told to go off the diet in 2007 so I could be officially "tested". Needless to say, I traveled right back to exhaustion plus all my prior health problems.

Test-negative.

Now, I am thinking of going GF again. I already eat a mostly organic diet which I believe has helped my health issues immensely as well.

I'd love to hear anyone else's adventure in Gluten Free eating[​IMG]

2. dani_nae

dani_nae New Member

sorry no gluten-free here! But hey, isn't there a guy that eats nothing but rotten meat because he claimes it has cured him from all of his cancer and medical problems?! I say whatever works go for it!

3. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

dani_nae: I say whatever works go for it!

Use your head too. Just because a guy says that eating rotten meat has cured his cancer doesn't mean you should start doing the same.

4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Rosie1: I was told to go off the diet in 2007 so I could be officially "tested". Needless to say, I traveled right back to exhaustion plus all my prior health problems.

Hi Rosie,

Though I have tried many things over the years and thought about being wheat-free, I've never actually got around to doing it. I have heard that along with dairy, many are allergic to wheat. If I do go wheat-free, I'll be sure to share the experience.

I'd say that it seems likely that you are allergic to wheat and abstinence from it seems to help your energy level quite a bit.

I've been a vegetarian for a long time and a lot of my food is organic. It tastes better and is quite a bit more healthy.

I'm glad you're feeling better and wish you continued good health.

~Newbie Shield~

5. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

Thanks everyone!

I am still laughing over the rotten meat to cure cancer..lol! Eww![​IMG] That may just be something for a "i heard it all now" topic.

Newbie, I could surely be a vegetarian myself. I have no interest in meat, but I do love seafood. I'm from Maryland, can't live without the Chesapeake Bay's crabs! MMmm. I eat almost completely organic too. Along with taking supplements as opposed to lab-created vitamins.

Hopefully there will be a GF member here to trade stories or recipes with.

6. bdkfreedom

bdkfreedom New Member

No gluten free diet for me! I am a personal trainer and have never promoted that particular diet. We all know there are about a million diet's to choose from out there but it's all about finding one that your comfortable with because everyones bodies are different. Many people have different metabolisms and perform at different rates, thus not making one diet perfect for everyone! Training clients for 3 years now, along with being a professional athlete, i like the strip that fat diet plan. Many of my clients are using this program at the moment and have tons of positive feedback to me about it! If you have any questions about this program, just pm me. I would be glad to share more info!

7. baby_femme

baby_femme New Member

Vishal P. Rao: Just because a guy says that eating rotten meat has cured his cancer doesn't mean you should start doing the same.
    I second to this one!!! I remember someone's telling me "Peedrop to cure sore eyes..." Of course, you need to drop it in your eyes... OUCH!!![​IMG]