Going From So Damn Hard To Hella-Easy...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by dwaynephelps, Oct 26, 2010.

1. dwaynephelps New Member

I was with a group of people the other day teaching a webinar and I had a very eye opening experience...

One of the questions I got in the webinar was, "when did marketing online go from being so damn confusing to easy as butter?"

I didn't want to give a half ass remark, so I tried thinking about a actual moment in which that happened to me.

It took me a minute and I started to realize, what we marketers do online is really like a language in its own.

I do remember a certain day though, it was the most productive day ever.

I got done 6 articles, 6 video's and 2 unique blog posts. And a whole set of ads for Adwords...

2 days before that I had only gotten less than half of that done. I can remember thinking if I could only keep this up for another 90 days I'd be golden.

And this is exactly the day I told her about on the webinar, it was the day where I breezed through the most productive work day ever.

I told her it wasn't that day, it was the whole year before that, that led to that day...The countless seminars, webinars, courses, hours and dollars spent that no one sees but me.

Im posting this so I can get some feedback from you guys, not only for myself but also for the soon-to-be successful marketers reading this...

"What was that turning point when making money online went from being So Damn Hard to Hella-Easy?"
  2. getagrip Gold Member

I don't know if it ever got "easy", but I remember when it seemed like everyone was making sales, but I couldn't seem to make one, so I felt like a failure. Then one day it happened, and not long afterward, I got another sale. So I was like, "wow, this really works!".
  3. bthankful New Member

For me it was when my brain stopped hurting from all the thinking I would do before I did anything. I remember all the planning and long lists I did only to read somewhere that I also needed to do this, this and this.

Instead of me doing what I already knew I was making my work look unachievable - I was starting project after project to the point that my head hurt just thinking about what I had to do - if that make senses.

One day I listened to a interview with a guy called Craig Desorcy and what he said opened my eyes and allowed me to see through all the unmeaning less stuff I was doing. When I stopped and looked at what I had, I knew what I had to do and from that day, my head was clearer and my work just flows now.

In addition, I am always thankful when i receive a sale or positive feedback. Many make their sales for granted because is not hitting the 6 figure income mark that's shouted across that internet, they don't acknowledge it as an achievement. Which is a shame..
  4. FreeCashMan Active Member

dwaynephelps: I told her it wasn't that day, it was the whole year before that, that led to that day...The countless seminars, webinars, courses, hours and dollars spent that no one sees but me.
    That statement is a reflections of putting in your "work" to succeed. Too many say they don't want "it" given to them but they won't sit down and put in the work to succeed.

I don't recall any magic day, but I realized that I began to just review a plethora of stuff about marketing and applying and testing. Testing is the thing. Often the problem is not the marketing method but what one is saying/doing or not saying/doing in their marketing.

Anyhow, in 4 years of successfully marketing networking home business opportunities, and sharing with others how to do the same, to earn money online, I've learned it's a simple thing of creating your web presence by consistently doing marketing.

The amazing thing is one doesn't have to do a ton of different things but a few consistent things will work, such as forum marketing and, these days, social network marketing. But that's just an example.

People want the magic formula, and it is simply consistent good marketing, but that's some work that many will not effectively put in. Marketing for success is like an evolving volcano eruption.

You have to get the lava heated up boiling and smoking before the volcano erupts. That's what Getagrip is referring too. Often people quit when the lava is just getting warmed up and starting to boil, and then they never see the eruption of success.

If you are effectively marketing to your targeted audience it is pretty much inevitable that you will get positive results.
  5. gsmcclellan New Member

The day I realized that the best way to be a successful network marketer is not to be the best marketer, but to teach your team how they can be the best marketers.
  6. dguthrie New Member

bthankful: For me it was when my brain stopped hurting from all the thinking I would do before I did anything. I remember all the planning and long lists I did only to read somewhere that I also needed to do this, this and this.

Instead of me doing what I already knew I was making my work look unachievable - I was starting project after project to the point that my head hurt just thinking about what I had to do - if that make senses.
    I couldn't help but to see myself in this statement. I have only been working at this since late September and am still searching for the best way to do it. It is good to see that it might get easier and that I might make a sale someday.

Thanks for all you input: Dan
  7. treevee Member

Can't answer this as I'm still waiting for that "turning point" to happen.

Been in the IM biz over a year now and what I've learned is:
    a) To make money online, you need to have money to invest.
    b) If you don't, you'd better have a great talent of writing articles with ease--- article after article each day.
    c) Or, you need an absolute sure-fire fool-proof system to concentrate on in order to succeed.

All 3 of which I don't have!! So, I haphazardly go through my day with doing a little of this and a lot of that and reading about this and implementing that. Understandably so, this equation has yet to be monetarily rewarding.

Guess I'm feeling a bit low hearing that some people find ease in all of this when I spend hours each day, trying to get to this point, to no avail!
  8. happywife Gold Member

Hi Teresa,

Don't despair. I know it can be overwhelming, frustrating, and oh so disappointing. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel if you know where to look.

You are kind of right in your 3 point summary. You feel like you need at least one of those 3 to succeed, and yet you'll do best if you have all 3 of them. [IMG]

The amount of money you need to invest is relatively low in the grand scheme of things and actually the least important and easiest one to obtain.

Writing articles/content is important if you want to build a successful income-generating website. Believe me when I say that although it seems difficult to write in the beginning, the more you do it, the easier it gets. It's also MUCH easier when you are writing about something you already know about (and enjoy), and when you use your own voice (like talking to a friend).

As for the sure-fire fool-proof system, that is linked to the first point (the money). There are genuinely good systems to follow and implement, but the best ones aren't free.

I floundered for a few months feeling a bit low, too, before I finally found the right path for me to take. That was 4 years ago, and I have gone from strength to strength.

If you can manage to scrape up $299 for a year's worth of investment, and then commit yourself to following the step-by-step program like I did, you won't be singing the same tune in another year.

SBI (SiteBuildIt) is so darn good and definitely helps you build a successful business the right way. It's worth every penny and much more. You really need to focus solely on it and tune out everything else during those hours you spend online each day. You'll be amazed by your results.

It's not quick and easy, but it's solid and stable. It starts out a bit confusing (at least to me) and gets simpler as you take each action step and move forward.

If I had it to do all over again and didn't have the $299 to get started, I would...

1. Look around my house to see what I could sell.
    2. Make cakes, cookies, or candies and try to sell them to local business.
    3. Offer to clean houses or offices for a few weeks.
    4. Babysit
    5. Shovel snow

...I would do whatever it took to get that money to finance my first year with SBI.

The money I make every month now from my websites is such a huge blessing and help to me and my family. I can't help but thank the Lord regularly for pointing me to SBI and giving me this chance.

I wish you the best of success as well.
    Blessings,
    Angie
  9. mountainmom5 Gold Member

happywife: If I had it to do all over again and didn't have the $299 to get started, I would...

4. Babysit
    5. Shovel snow

...I would do whatever it took to get that money to finance my first year with SBI.
    So well said and I totally agree! I need to decide soon what I want to build my next site on. [IMG]

hey Angie, if I get the buy-one-get-one-free, can I wait to start the second one for a year?

What I am wanting to do is build the first one right away, and then wait to start the free one until about 6 months from now....but will they both renew at the same time then??

Hope that makes sense!
  10. happywife Gold Member

Hi Viola,

With the BOGO offer, the first one starts right away, and you've got 9 months to activate the second one. The clock starts ticking on the day you activate, so it won't be up for renewal at the same time as the first. It will be due one year from the date of activation.

Make sense?

Lucky you! I'm dying to start a new site, but I've got trouble keeping my 5 balls in the air as it is. [IMG] All the best to you.

Blessings,
    Angie
  11. treevee Member

happywife: If I had it to do all over again and didn't have the $299 to get started, I would...

4. Babysit
    5. Shovel snow
    I don't want to sound like a sob story because I believe things happen for a reason..... [IMG] But ....

1) I've already sold my entire household a year and a half ago when mine and my fiancees businesses bottomed out due to this recession. I had to move back in with mom at 50 years old!
    2) I really don't think my food stamps can go that far!
    3 + 4) I have no car and suffer with agoraphobia.
    5) I just found out I have a lung disease - I barely can walk up stairs... don't think that I'll be able to shovel snow!

As you can see, there are walls up all around me...... This is why I need this to work for me! I really appreciate your concerns and suggestions, though!!! [IMG] I have all the time in the world, besides taking care of mom and her house, so time is the only issue I don't have! I have tried the 30 day challenge twice. I bought some inexpensive strategies that didn't pan out. I need someone to sit down and say, "This is exactly what you need to be doing to succeed" or even just bring in a couple hundred dollars a month would be great! Something that doesn't cost a dime -- a good strategy -- with my time well spent.

Geesh, I really got sidetracked from the op's wonderful start of this post! Sorry for rambling on with my probs.... I know everyone has their own issues. I guess I'm just a tad jealous and that "turning point" seems so far fetched at the rate I'm going! [IMG]
  12. happywife Gold Member

Oh Teresa,

I'm really sorry to hear your plight! It is a very tough position to be in - without a doubt. My solutions for getting the cash won't work for you for the obvious reasons you pointed out.

I know a lot of people recommend the 30DC, but I think for most people it is a waste of time. I'm entitled to my opinion, of course. [IMG]

Like you, I needed the treevee: "This is exactly what you need to be doing to succeed"
    in order to get anywhere. That is what is so brilliant about SBI. It's an all-in-one package that will do that for you.

The walls around you are not insurmountable. If I could move them for you, I would. Although I can't change those things, I'll tell you what I CAN do for you.

You said you have plenty of time on your hands. If you are willing to write articles for me this month on the keywords I give you and in the way I instruct, I will purchase an SBI package for you for Christmas.

It's not a free 'gift' because you will be earning it through your article writing. You can start the new year out by writing for yourself and building your own business.

The only condition I have is that you commit yourself to ignoring everything else and following the SBI Action Guide faithfully. You CAN do this - I can tell by your writing style in your posts here on the forum. It's just a matter of will and commitment.

If you are interested, shoot me an email at angie (at) chocolate-candy-mall (dot) com and we'll take it from there.

Blessings,
    Angie
  13. joebatterson New Member

all i would like to do as a father of three with a mortgage and a crappy job is to find an at home job where with little investment ( 50-100 dollars ) I Can secure a job that will supplement my income or eliminate my current job without being ripped off, my family cannot afford the loss if the job doe not pay off. I work hard and will always do so as long as the pay off is not a scam. I am looking for such an online business any input would be apprectiated.
  14. jgthomas New Member

Hi happywife,

That was really nice of you to help treevee and I am so appreciative of you. If we had more people to offer to help, the world would be a better place. When you are in a deep slump, its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I too am in a similar situation like treevee, but a friend of minds has help me. If we had more people like that in this world that would sacrifice just a little, be inconvenience just a little, it would be such a better place.

Treevee, keep your head up. The battle will be hard and it will not come easy. And sometimes the light will flicker at the end of the tunnel. But we will make it through. FYI...I know your situation is bad, but believe it or not, mines is worst than yours.....My point is my mother died 10 years ago, I had nobody to turn too for help. And I personally believe its better to live on the streets than to live in the shelters......Keep your head held up high....If I can make it and see the light , I know you can also.....
  15. happywife Gold Member

joebatterson: all i would like to do as a father of three with a mortgage and a crappy job is to find an at home job where with little investment ( 50-100 dollars ) I Can secure a job that will supplement my income or eliminate my current job without being ripped off, my family cannot afford the loss if the job doe not pay off. I work hard and will always do so as long as the pay off is not a scam. I am looking for such an online business any input would be apprectiated.

Hi Joe,

Are you referring to investing $50-100 per month or in total?

There's a difference between an "at home job" and building an "online business" from home. You mentioned both in your post, so I don't know really which you are really seeking.

With an "at home job" you really shouldn't have to pay out any investment - but those types of jobs are very few and far between, unless you hire yourself out as a freelance writer or something. Even then, it can be difficult to find a steady client to write for.

If you are referring to investing in a business opportunity (like most of us here have done), that's another matter. You are definitely going to have to put in some investment - both money and time.

The money part varies depending on what type of thing you decide upon. But the time investment is the greatest investment. There really is no way around that, regardless of what you might see claiming hundreds/thousands earned with little or no work. [IMG] Those are the scams you are referring to - Beware.

When starting an online business, you need to know and understand in your heart that it isn't going to be quick cash. A lot of groundwork has to be laid to get yourself in a position to where the money starts coming in.

In my own case, I didn't receive my first check from my online ventures till 9 months after I started. It wasn't huge even then, and didn't even begin to compensate for all the effort I had put in up until that point.

However, after that first check, they started coming more regularly ever month. And they got bigger and bigger and bigger. In fact, they are still growing as I continue to work on my websites.

NOW (4 years in), I can look back and say with amazement that I have been compensated VERY WELL for all my efforts. [IMG]

That's really one of the two major hurdles that I see people face and falter at.

1. They don't have a proven path (program) to follow in their business building efforts.

2. They expect too much too soon and give up when they don't see the results they are hoping for quickly enough.

If you can conquer those two obstacles, you can begin building something for your future that WILL supplement your income and eventually get you out of that job that you don't like.

It's really a matter of perspective and persistence. I hope that you will be one of the people who genuinely succeed online.

Blessings,
    Angie
  16. happywife Gold Member

jgthomas: That was really nice of you to help treevee and I am so appreciative of you. If we had more people to offer to help, the world would be a better place. When you are in a deep slump, its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I too am in a similar situation like treevee, but a friend of minds has help me. If we had more people like that in this world that would sacrifice just a little, be inconvenience just a little, it would be such a better place.
    Hi Jen,

We aren't always in a position to help others the way we would like to do, so it's nice when an opportunity comes up that we can. I'm so glad that you have a friend that has been willing and able to be a help to you during your difficult times.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. My dear mother went to be with the Lord early this year and it has been the most devastating blow I've ever had to face. However, it didn't leave me in a vulnerable position in the same way your loss did. It's encouraging to hear that you have overcome this and are on a path of recovery.

In this particular instance treevee decided not to take me up on my offer. She's going to follow a different path for now.

I'm wishing the both of you all of the very best for a brighter and more secure future as a result of your diligence and tenacity.

Blessings,
    Angie
  17. bhuff85 New Member

I agree with getagrip - I wouldn't say things every got "easier", but I understand a lot more now than when I did starting out.

Like most people, I thought you could strike it rich online for doing little to no work. I bought into the hype a long time ago, buying various eBooks and failing at every method I implemented. It wasn't until I started actually learning the fundamentals and putting in the WORK that I started seeing results!

That's what most people forget - it takes work in order to achieve a goal. No one will give it to you and it's not going to come easy. It takes a lot of time and patience to "learn the ropes", but if you stick with it, you'll be in good shape. Just keep making progress each and every day. Always track, test and tweak everything to get the maximum results.

So, that's all I have to say. Gotta put in the work to get the reward.
  18. jeremya23 New Member

Once I sat down and actually put together a day by day business plan did I start to finally see consistent results. Doing tasks here and there never really worked, and I'd often get side tracked and not complete something or not do it 100%.

I've realized that all steps have a necessity to them and they can't be skipped or things don't work correctly. So putting together my steps in a plan really helped me.

Now I know what I have to do every single day. Basically, I treat making money like a business and not a hobby, and so far, it's the best mindset I've chosen.
  19. Dalland New Member

I am a newbie to the network marketing mlm age. Like many others i was just sick and tired of not having control over my own success or failure as downsizing is a reminder that is constant with the company i currently work for. I have taken a step which i am confident is right and i am ready to put in the work. i need all the help i can get and i believe its best to learn from people who are actually in the field i am trying to establish myself. I would appreciate recommended reading and ways on putting my site more where my target market can see it. Any words of advise and or assistance will be greatly appreciated
  20. al99 New Member

A great thread and much appreciated.

It can be very hard starting off but I think the general key is knowing what you have to do each day/week/month and then do it consistently.

I's like anything, if you ran a high street shop you couldn't just turn up on the days you wanted. You would soon find shoppers turning away and you not earning enough for the shop rent.

Treat your endeavour as if you are working for someone else who is paying you.

Keep a spreadsheet of what you need to do and stick to it.