Google AdWords tells me my idea is saturated

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by happygal, Oct 10, 2008.

1. happygal

happygal Member

I was going to consider working with GoogleAdWords but got most of the way through setting up my account with them and, to their credit, they tell me that the market is saturated.

Any of you online earners using google adwords? Is it worthwhile...are you in a "saturated" category?

What do you think?

2. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I think there's always a niche within the saturated niche it's up to us to find it and run with it. My 2 cents.
    Sonni

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

I advertise a little using Google Adwords, but find it too complicated

4. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

What you need to do is have a ranking, totally optimized landing page first. Then set up a relevant ,lazer focused Adwords campaign.
    I use a new ad group for every key phrase.

If so, you can get 5 cent clicks..if not they cost 50 cents and up, basically.

The Adwords Learning Center is useful and free.

I would learn as much as possible first.

Once you get it, it can be easy money, and more predictable than the free methods.

Victoria

5. busygal

busygal New Member

Hi Happygal,
    I agree with Sonni, you just need to do your research and drive traffic to your site. There are many ways to get your listing ranked high search engines without using costly ads. One way is writing small articles and posting them on web 2.0 sites. You can write one or many and it is free. Thats just one simple action. There are many more.
    I say go for it Happygal!!! [​IMG]

6. Dreamy

Dreamy New Member

It can be worthwile but you really have to pick the right niche and keyword. If your niche is saturated it probably means you're going to get a very high CPC and won't likely be able to compete. Play around with the keywords and see if you can get the CPC down while still being able to convert.

Like NTC said, make sure to really understand the basics before you jump in. And always set a daily limit you're confortable with [​IMG]

7. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I would write them and find out if it is possible at all to put up ads in the saturated market - see if they will tell you what you need to do to advertise in that market.

8. cupbucket

cupbucket New Member

You need to think of advertising keywords that are not in use very much. That way your costs will be much lower. You need to find a balance between finding keywords that have little competition and are still popular keywords.

I started using Adwords a while ago but haven't focussed on it for a while to be honest.

Namaste