Google Adwords!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by khutson87, May 17, 2009.

1. khutson87

khutson87 New Member

Hi,
    I was just wondering. Is Google Adwords much more harder than it seems. I have been successful so far with other marketing methods, so I thought I would try Adwords. I have a wonderful program that is teaching me, but I can't seem to get things rolling with Adwords. I have increased my budget and CPC many times, but not much is happening. I am using placement ads, and I know my ads are good. Could someone tell me what I might be doing wrong? I would appreciate any help at all. I am pretty discouraged.

Thanks!

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I am sure someone will stop by soon. I don't use adwords myself so am not much help there except to say that you can lose your shirt with it.[​IMG]

Welcome to the forum by the way!

3. khutson87

khutson87 New Member

Thank you! I am afraid of losing my shirt!!!! I welcome any help at all. I really feel like I am doing it the right way because I have been studying for days, but I am not sure what to do next. [​IMG]

4. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

The main thing about adwords is the keywords. The keywords will reflect where your ad will appear. Next is your copywriting skill, how to attract people to look at your ad.

5. TristLodge

TristLodge New Member

Total agree with Cherie. The keywords are so important. What I do is pick the keyword/phrase and write 2 ads for that keyword and run them. I wait for around 30-40 clicks to see which give me the best CTR then rewrite the one that performs the worst. This is explained in a course called PPC Domination. Well worth getting if you want to use Adwords.

One thing I never to though is increase how much I am will to pay for each keyword.

Stick with it because if you crack it you will have endless leads.

Best of luck

Tristram Lodge

6. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

7. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi khutson87,

It could be any number of things. I wouldn't be too sure that your "ads are good". You may need to improve the writing.

It may be a relevancy issue.

It may be a demand issue. How many views are you getting?

Which place do you hold among your competitors?

You might have to split test as TristLodge has suggested in order to find what works best.

Once you get the writing down, you'll have to learn how to monitor and tweak.

Good luck,

~Newbie Shield~

8. Roseanne

Roseanne New Member

Hey, thanks for pointing these things out as I'm thinking to start with Adword campaigns. It seems that I need to know more about it before I jump in.[​IMG] Roseanne