Google announces deal with Twitter

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by joanpeterson, Oct 21, 2009.

1. joanpeterson

joanpeterson New Member

2. elle14

elle14 New Member

This issue is not yet done. I mean there's still planning on how they will come up with the Google Search. If they going to put it on the main Google search or separate it in other domain like Google blog search... [​IMG]
  3. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

If this is true, then there will be more spammers using twitter that can have lots of accounts.
  4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Jean LA: If this is true, then there will be more spammers using twitter that can have lots of accounts.
    That's always really irritating, especially when these spammers use multiple email accounts to spam your email address or blog with.
  5. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I still cannot understand how one can follow 11,000 people and get anything out of it.
    Can you imagine trying to read the Tweets?
  6. DwayneZ

DwayneZ New Member

If you give lots of tweets that can help people in a particular local place or niche then they will probably follow your upcoming tweets and buy from you(r link) what ever you tweet about.
  7. GlennELee

GlennELee New Member

that's just the thing Victoria, they don't read the tweets. Marketers don't read their own tweets nor anyone elses, quite frankly it seems most tweets these days unless made by someone actually using the darn thing is using a bot or autotweet application so they're not even watching Twitter at all.

There is a way to get Google to index your tweets as it is and is the only reason I still use twitter as a syndication tool and nothing more. Twitter is just too full of spamming marketers with an autotweet program. This also means those autofollow things where you pay and get so many followers is also a joke.
  8. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Oh Glenn,
    I agree.

I still think Google Reader is the best tool to stay updated and informed.
    I have been blasted by Facebook friends.
    Perhaps it is time to start a fan page and keep my Facebook page for family and close friends.
  9. GlennELee

GlennELee New Member

I use one social network (facebook) for marketing on social media and the other for for family (Increase Your Portion). The marketers on IYP don't really bother you too much even though it is a social marketing system itself, feels safer than the larger mainstream networks for my family, especially my mother. She gets tired of guys hitting on her and I get tired of stomping mudholes in people for bothering my mom. *cough* rant aside.

Actually if you know how to post content to Google Reader, that's actually a good way to get a link on Bing and Yahoo search engines rather quickly. Google doesn't index the link itself but the other search engines do. [​IMG]