Grrr! Squidoo keeps sending me back to my dashboard :( Anyone got probs?

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by redsadie, Apr 28, 2009.

1. redsadie

redsadie New Member

I've tried everything this time before coming here [​IMG]

I've been trying to make a new lens since dinnertime but each time I click the 'make a lens' button it redirects me back to my dashboard, grrrr!

I've tried it from two accounts I have and I've tried it from Newbie Shields 'how to lens' site (I favourited that one [​IMG]) but it still re-directs me back!

Anyone else having a problem?

R. x

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi RS,

I have noticed some odd redirects lately - since they changed the home page.

If it remains an issue tomorrow, you might contact tech support.

I'd hold tight for tonight. It seems that they are working on their linking strategy on the back end. Hopefully it'll be cleared up by tomorrow.

~Newbie Shield~

3. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Thanks NS, I thought it was just me [​IMG]

R. x

4. gridellas

gridellas New Member

Did it start working for you? In the squidu forum everyone has been fussing about the ranks not working. Apparently the guy who watches all that stuff was on vacation. He is back as of today so everything should be much better now. [​IMG]

5. redsadie

redsadie New Member

gridellas: Did it start working for you? In the squidu forum everyone has been fussing about the ranks not working. Apparently the guy who watches all that stuff was on vacation. He is back as of today so everything should be much better now.
    Yes hun, it did start working for me the next day. Meant to come back and say but I forgot [​IMG]

xx

6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi RS,

Glad the issue was resolved :)

Like any large multi-user site, Squidoo has troubles from time to time. Often times the troubles are due to their experimenting or upgrading on the back end. Most troubles get cleared up within 24 hours.

It can be frustrating and perplexing. They did major upgrades all year last year. As a lensmaster, it was difficult to tolerate. Oftentimes the site was slow. Now they seem to have most of that completed, luckily.

When you're having difficulties, first thing is to see if anyone else is complaining about it on their forum. Check for yelp threads :D

If not, you can either post the issue yourself or contact their tech support. Gil is the guy in charge. He's the lead programmer.

If a few days go by and you are still having problems, post it on our own Squidoo forum. Hopefully someone will spot it and offer up something helpful.

~Newbie Shield~