Guidance for the newbie, please

Discussion in 'Forum Usage' started by Happysmile, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Happysmile

Happysmile New Member

I am confused with your Forum. I am new and today is my first day. You stated in the terms and conditions that this Forum is not to be used as a place to advertise but it so fill with ads. I am simply shocked. I clicked on a link thinking that it was taking me to the forum and it took me to an ad about going back to school. I see ads for State Farm and so on. I do not get it? We are supposed to contribute first before we make any allusions to what we sell. Can one of you moderators guide me on to use your site properly?

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Happysmile: You stated in the terms and conditions that this Forum is not to be used as a place to advertise but it so fill with ads.
    I don't know whether you are talking about Ads (Google) or member signatures. I believe you are referring to signatures. Please read the forum rules:

1. No self-promotional posts. Affiliate links, personal website links, taglines and personal information are not allowed in posts. The only way to promote yourself is through your signature, which can be edited through the "Profile" page.

If it's otherwise (the Google Ads, especially the one below the first post), they are not posted by members, but by the forum itself. It's the only way for the forum to exist for free.

3. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Happysmile, i am not a moderator but as Vishal stated have a read of the forum rules and guidelines. Afterward, feel free to browse around some topics. If you have a specific goal then that should help steer you in the right direction more quickly. If not, then keep browsing and start asking questions and more than likely you will be able to zero in on what you'd like to do. [​IMG]

4. leoncollins77

leoncollins77 New Member

I just registered a few minutes ago, and I'm looking for information on a possible scam ran by an online work at home company; can I get some help on that here?