Have you had Success with Offline to Online promotion?

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Aaronbiz, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Aaronbiz New Member

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody uses offline methods to promote their online business?

I would be very interested in hearing from you.

Aaron Riddell
  2. johntanyishin New Member

I don't and haven't tried. I'm just not sure if those fliers and posters will work or not.

People will just read and forget, well that's what I think.

Hoping to hear from people who have success with their offline promotion as well.

JTYS
  3. karma New Member

Advertising in a local/national newspaper generates alot of interest. Depending on how much you are willing to spend on advertising.

Leaving flyers/posters in the local job centre is another winner because people that go in there are generally unemployed and desperately looking for work, (obviously).
  4. Aaronbiz New Member

Hi Karma,

That's an interesting approach with the job centre.

What types of prospects come through the prospecting funnel from there?

Aaron Riddell
  5. karma New Member

Aaronbiz: What types of prospects come through the prospecting funnel from there?

I used to take this approach before when i was involved in offline MLM, looking for new signups is a difficult task at times so i used to utilize any free advertising space i could find. Supermarkets, job centers and hair salons proved to be successful as people who go there arent generally in a hurry compared to someone with a full-time job (they always seem to be in a hurry).

Even leaving flyers in the waiting room of a dentist surgery or anywhere you have permission to do so will bring in some interest. You will alsoget alot of time wasters this way so be sure not to leave your main e-mail on the flyers or posters.
  6. Aaronbiz New Member

Hi Karma,

Just with your comment on "time wasters". I know exactly where you are coming from and have already learn't that lesson with this approach.

Adjustments to the wording of the ad's have been made to cut out the tire-kickers.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Aaron Riddell
  7. JennyRR New Member

Most of us drive a car - I was thinking of purchasing a magnetic advertising board - I know there is a company selling them but, sorry, don't know the name.

I have written websites down that I have seen advertised on cars.
  8. happywife Gold Member

JennyRR: Most of us drive a car - I was thinking of purchasing a magnetic advertising board - I know there is a company selling them but, sorry, don't know the name.

I picked up magnetic signs for my car for free from VistaPrint. I only had to pay the shipping. They aren't very large, but I think you can order larger ones for reasonable prices.
  9. karma New Member

Depending on the content of your website, you could e-mail radiostations and ask them to give your site a quick plug on air. Some stations mightnt allow this but people have had success with this.

A guy from ireland did this for his ring tone site when he was only 16 years old. The amount of traffic he got from this was phenomenol, but sadly his website wasnt monetized at the time. He has learned from that and now pulls in over $10,000 a month from his efforts. I think his name is Mark Flavin, (Traffic Mahem ebook)

Its worth a try but as i said i think you would need to have a pretty unique website that the public would be interested in.
  10. Aaronbiz New Member

JennyRR: Most of us drive a car - I was thinking of purchasing a magnetic advertising board

Whoops,

Apologies for the delay.

Magnetic signs on cars are a great idea and its just a one-off cost "if any" to get started.

Aaron Riddell
  11. Aaronbiz New Member

karma: Depending on the content of your website, you could e-mail radiostations and ask them to give your site a quick plug on air

Interesting idea karma. "I've made a note".

Thanks for your comments, and my apologies for the late acknowledgement.

Aaron Riddell
  12. irishguru New Member

I've known a very successful online businessman to promote in national papers and from there he has generated lots of leads. So it is possible to do it but sometimes it's quite the expensive route!

I have a guy from another company that is going to advertise on his live stream breaks for me so that should be a success!
  13. Aaronbiz New Member

Irish Guru,

Can you let me know what you mean by "live stream breaks"? Are you talking about RSS here or something else?

Aaron Riddell
  14. AsaDG New Member

I'm thinking about using drop-cards. You can leave them anywhere to make sure people see them and you can even make them yourself if you want to!
  15. Aaronbiz New Member

Hi AsaDg,

Funny you should mention "drop cards". I am in the middle of ordering some myself.

Take VistaPrint for a trial. Relatively cheap and the often have Free offers.

Aaron Riddell