Have You Seen The New Squidoo Template?

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by A8ch, Jun 12, 2009.

1. A8ch Gold Member

Squidoo is implementing a facelift on the lens template today.
    Some lensmasters are complaining that their lenses look all
    screwed up as a result. I'm sure the powers that be will work
    out the kinks soon enough.

In the meantime, how do your lenses look?

Hermas
  2. newbiz02 New Member

I dont like it. They need to take it back to the way it was. [IMG]
    I planned to make 5 lenses today and the system kept getting stuck.
    So i knew they must be tweaking it still. But i hope they change it back.
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

eeewww.....[IMG] I think it will be okay once they get the bugs out but I can't edit some of my lenses where the pictures are running off the page!
  4. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hopefully by tomorrow all will be well!

Have a great night!
    Victoria
  5. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Tomorrow is here now and you are right, it IS better... [IMG]
  6. newbiz02 New Member

Still like the old one better [IMG]
  7. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Ya, I know - we don't like change. I am just trying to be positive about it, and have learned to embrace change as it is very much part of internet marketing - lol
  8. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Hermas,

They constantly change things at Squidoo - major facelifts included.

I like the current change. I liked the last one. I liked the one before that too.

They changed the TLD page a short while ago so I was wondering if they might change the individual pages. Not surprised they did.

They usually spend quite a while ironing out the bugs after any major change.

One thing I did notice is they messed up the avatars. Mine only shows the very top of a guitar now, lol. That's because each row holds about three more avatars and the height is shorter as well.

They need to improve the image server speed - especially in regards to the avatars (static.squidoo.com).

This time they have a bigger programming department and each programmer is quite a bit more experienced than during the last major update.

So, it should go smoother and quicker than ever. Plus, the outcome should be the best to date - provided they finally get the speed thing straight. That's critical considering their member number and speed of growth.

I hope that they've given scalability quite a bit more weight in regards to priorities this time!

Lol, I finally have over 1,000 people in my fanclub. I'm a happy camper. Not bad for only being a member for about 18 months and only having four lenses. Should I bow? [IMG]

~Newbie Shield~
  9. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Newbie Shield: Lol, I finally have over 1,000 people in my fanclub. I'm a happy camper. Not bad for only being a member for about 18 months and only having four lenses. Should I bow?
    *clap clap* Yes, you have a right to be proud!