Having problem with PPC, where do I go from here?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Empoleon, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Empoleon New Member

I recently decided to start taking action and doing Tycoon Cashflow. Well when I went to go and start my campaign, Google noted that the quality score wasn't good or something and that it had to be approved? Anyhow, don't know what it was, but I ended up stopping it and deleting to start over.

What do I do now? I think the problem may have been one of the videos said to start the CPC at $1.75 because it can later be changed, but I put $.05. Is this what I did wrong or should I try something else?
  2. FreeCashMan Active Member

If you are using an affiliate link to market and not your own capture page, that will kill your quality score. You may need a your own marketing website.
  3. Empoleon New Member

Capture page? When did they start that?
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Empoleon: Capture page? When did they start that?
    It's always best to have your own capture page of some sort - it can be a blog, Squidoo lens, Weebly or Webs page - all of these are free - but you will then be able to do article marketing, place ads on Craigslist etc, etc, directing traffic thru your capture page to the affiliate links.
  5. Margo Tuul New Member

There is way to get CPC as low as few cents. And you get decent amount of clicks (and targeted). I tested it out on hostgator affiliate and got around 150-200 clicks a day with ?‚¬0.03-?‚¬0.05 a click. And web hosting CPC can cost up to ?‚¬10.34 ($13.62), hostgator hosting costs more. (i use euro, as i live in Ireland)

If you want me to explain, send me a message and i will work you through step by step.

At the moment i understand you are new to IM and even PPC, so my advice is...DO NOT bit $1.75 per click. You don't know how it will convert...you can lose lots of money. Its not a cheap keyword either. But if you have few hundred bucks to spend to test it out...up to you.
  6. talfighel Silver Member

FreeCashMan: If you are using an affiliate link to market and not your own capture page, that will kill your quality score. You may need a your own marketing website.

They know if you are using your own page or an affiliate link.

If you can get your own squeeze page that has an opt in form, then that would help you.

The opt in form is basically to capture the person's email and name and then follow up with them over and over again.

You could add your affiliate link so that as soon as the person subscribes to your newsletter, they are directed to your affiliate link. This can work well for you.

Tal
  7. Empoleon New Member

Oh man, well reason I asked because I was using Tycoon Cashflow. Bummer. Well right now I think I am going to stick with doing a blog for now and make money off it. Something I can take step by step because I'm also a student in college and all, but hopefully something works out.

Where do you get squeeze pages at?
  8. Margo Tuul New Member

Empoleon

I think you are quite confused and all over the place. First make a plan. What do you know about internet marketing and what you can use. Lets say you know about blogs, and article marketing. Then you can create simple niche blog, with 3 posts (that's all you really need), and promote your blog and blog posts with article marketing.
    Question is, how good you are in keyword research. As this is very important.
  9. Empoleon New Member

Well I know all of the basics of IM now, like PPC, CPA, etc. etc. Right now, I'm sort of lost as to where to go, but I think I am going to give Bum Marketing a go since it's free and not really like all the other programs of "Make $1000 in three days lol!!!!" and such.

As far as keyword search, well I'm not really a pro at it, but I have seen a useful tool on Google that can help drill down for some good keywords with low searches but possibly a higher conversion rate.
  10. winlin New Member

Sound like you are bouncing around a lot PPC and CPA are numbers games ... you cannot expect to win them all. Even the highly experienced do not expect to make a profit on every campaign... that's business.

If you go to the following thread at warrior forums and read the entry by Kenster post #3 he explains this about CPA very well with a fishing analogy. The same lesson applies to PPC.

http://www.warriorforum.com/ad-networks-cpa-cpm-cpl-millionaire-makers/228769-cpa-beginners-in cluding-me.html

"To your Success" - WinLin
  11. Empoleon New Member

No no lol, I mean I know what they are, but I'm not actually doing them. No, I just named a few terms I am familiar with. No, I don't think I'll be doing PPC anytime soon since it's not worth the hassle with Google.
  12. yahia Member

Empoleon
    Empoleon: Where do you get squeeze pages at?
    You build it yourself and host it on your own hosting account (you'll need to buy one).

Empoleon: but I think I am going to give Bum Marketing a go since it's free
    That's better. Now you're talking.

As a beginner you'll want to know what sells (first hand, don't let anyone tell you) then you can gradually take them one by one to PPC.

Later you'll learn that it's better to start with PPC to know what keywords make you money and build your organic (or bum) campaigns around. But at that point you'll be experienced enough to get cheap traffic from PPC.

So, learn to walk before you can run.
  13. Empoleon New Member

Yeah, I think I'm starting to get a game plan laid out with some direction.
  14. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Empoleon: Yeah, I think I'm starting to get a game plan laid out with some direction.
    Sweet. That always helps. Keep us posted! [IMG]