hello all,another newbie in town!

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by taz87, Aug 10, 2008.

1. taz87

taz87 New Member

hey guys/ladies,

i somehow stumbled across this forum which is btw something i dnt regret a single bit as it seems pretty good! [​IMG]

read through some of the stuff already hehe

i just got the profitlance a week ago, its nice to find a place where other profitlancers are found and can interact it can get bit lonely sometimes just reading and following instructions.

this forums in itself is a gold mine! happy to be here...
    peace out
  2. fatman

fatman New Member

Welcome! Yep, forums are pretty cool. The best way for me to learn is to ask questions, or to just read other peoples' questions if they already asked the same thing. [​IMG] Good luck with everything!
  3. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

Welcome to the forum taz87. I'm in agreement, this forum is a goldmine.
  4. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

welcome here. nice blog!
  5. taz87

taz87 New Member

thanks all who replied =)

i certainly will be asking questions hehe

have a look at my blog in signature...let me know what u think its my first ever. your honest opinion is what need!
  6. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

Welcome to the forum,

You have stumbled across the right forum for profit lance, out of all the forums i use this has the biggest collection of profit lance members and all are willing to help. [​IMG]

Profit lance is an extensive course so dont feel down hearted if you dont make money within the first month or the second, i didnt but i learnt so much [​IMG]

Please never hesitate to ask, no questions is a bad question no matter how obvious you think it is we were all new at one point
  7. taz87

taz87 New Member

yea...agreed by the looks of things money is still a while yet before its made especially that i am practicing my adsense skills,generating traffic etc 1st.

i went through most of the stuff already.....in a week but i was doing 6 hours of work a day.
    i know that there is no way i will make money unless i learn and also the sooner i learn the sooner i will be up and running [​IMG]
  8. taz87

taz87 New Member

i am awaiting your kind feedbacks on my blog link in signature =)
  9. knicky

knicky New Member

taz87, have a look at my blog if you want a contrasting style. I havent updated for a while though. Been a bit lazy with the course.
  10. dianadcf2008

dianadcf2008 New Member

hey im new too... im soo overwhelmed with all this new info...i want to work from home because sincerely i hate my job. but i dont know where to get started. Im a 21 yr college student. I need to make enough money to pay rent, school and bills. Can anyone give me any ideas and help me pls. I know it takes work and time and i am willing to put some effort. Thanks.
  11. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Hello Diana,
    The best thing you can do is research and read the threads in the forum to see if any of the online businesses interest you. Take your time and find out which are scams. Work at it part time until you can make enough to quit your job that you hate. It takes a bit of time to make money online on a consistent basis. I've been trying for about 2 months and haven't as yet, but I'm learning and pursuing.
    Sonni
  12. happywife

happywife Gold Member

taz87: i am awaiting your kind feedbacks on my blog link in signature =)

Welcome to the forum. I took a look at your blog. I have to admit up front that I'm not an informed blogger. I build regular web sites.

From what I can tell, though, it looks like you only have one single page on your blog with a few articles pasted there from article directories. Also, the last post is dated almost a month ago.

With blogs, it is my understanding that you need to make regular posts, almost daily, to keep them active and viable. Also, You need to write your own unique content. If you are trying to do this as a money making venture, you are going about it in the wrong way.

I don't know where you are getting the instructions from that you are following. You mentioned PL in your earlier post. Although I don't have PL, I wouldn't think they would tell you to do what you are doing. You won't get anywhere with that method.

Whether you are building a blog or a regular website, you need to understand the importance of keyword research, valuable unique content, and search engine optimization.

Take some time to study and learn these principles so that when you do take action, it will be worthwhile. There are free resources that you can read to help you learn. I know it's more exciting to start doing something, but learning first and then doing is the best way to get where you want to end up.

Blessings,
    Angie
  13. happywife

happywife Gold Member

dianadcf2008: hey im new too... im soo overwhelmed with all this new info...i want to work from home because sincerely i hate my job. but i dont know where to get started. Im a 21 yr college student. I need to make enough money to pay rent, school and bills. Can anyone give me any ideas and help me pls. I know it takes work and time and i am willing to put some effort. Thanks.

Hello Diana,

Welcome to you, too. I hope you'll find some information here that will help things begin to make sense for you and give you some direction.

It is not unusual to feel overwhelmed when you are starting out. It would be rather strange not to experience that. [​IMG]

Depending on what you want to do and how much money you have to invest in getting started there are different options available. As Sonni suggested, you can read through the forum and see some of the different business models people are using.

I didn't have a lot of money to invest and I didn't really have any internet experience. I found a site building program (SBI) that sounded like something I wanted to try. It included step by step instructions and all the tools needed to take you through the whole building a web business process. I was able to get the $299 for the first year program fee and went with it.

I have learned how to build niche websites that earn money for me from affiliate marketing, direct sales, Google Adsense, etc. I've found it to be exactly what I was looking for.

You are right in believing that it will take time and effort. It really does. In the end, though, it is very worthwhile. You will have to stick with your regular job for a while, but if you were to build a decent website around a niche topic that you know a lot about, you will be able to reach those goals of making enough to pay your bills and then some.

Keep reading and researching. If you have specific questions, ask. Most people are more than happy to share what they have learned and what they have found to work for them.

Blessings,
    Angie
  14. Martian7

Martian7 New Member

Greetings to all!!,

I'm also a newbie.....and I've currently been caught in the jumble of looking and researching for a good, legit way to make money online. O' course for now it's tween' Profit Lance and Wealthy Affiliate.

I'm currently an unemployed musician who has the time to devote to learning e-thing bout marketing and watever else is to be found in the two websites; although just short on cash.

I've read much info on these forums, which btw are very informing!! And since I'm pretty much a newbie, I've kinda leaning towards PL due to what I've read so far and the budget issue. But after the $77 purchasing fee, can anyone inform me on how much more of an investment is required to make the first bits of money online or can it be done for almost nothing? I know a lil' bout Clickbank, is it done mainly through there?

Thanks very much, any info will greatly appreciated!!

Martian7
  15. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

Martian7: I've read much info on these forums, which btw are very informing!! And since I'm pretty much a newbie, I've kinda leaning towards PL due to what I've read so far and the budget issue. But after the $77 purchasing fee, can anyone inform me on how much more of an investment is required to make the first bits of money online or can it be done for almost nothing? I know a lil' bout Clickbank, is it done mainly through there?

Welcome Martian7! I don't know about Wealthy Affiliate, but I can tell you first hand that ProfitLance has SO much information on how to earn money through a variety of ways. I am just starting out as well, and I have yet to spend a penny.

I am using blogs at Blogger.com to promote affiliate products and free article marketing and website directory sumbission tactics to drive traffic to my blogs. I feel that, in the beginning, you should spend as little as possible. They way, mistakes don't cost you a thing!

Good Luck!
  16. 040107

040107 Member

After the initial investment into the Profit Lance course, you could
    just use the free methods and resources to get you started.

But remember, you will be busy reading, learning, and doing
    everything yourself with only some help from the free resources.

Once you start earning, remember to reinvest back into your biz.[​IMG]
  17. Martian7

Martian7 New Member

Nice, thanks for the welcome and info!!

So with those free methods......when you start making money, do you receive it w/ checks from per say, Blogger.com or is it forwarded to a paypal and clickbank account?

And if anyone doesn't mind answering, how long was it before you started making money from PL?

Thanks,
    Martian7
  18. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

Martian7: So with those free methods......when you start making money, do you receive it w/ checks from per say, Blogger.com or is it forwarded to a paypal and clickbank account?

If an person clicks on your affiliate links and buys a product, you will be paid by Clickbank. Blogger.com has nothing to do with it, other than the fact that you can sign up for free blogs to promote your links.

You can log in to your Clickbank account to track your sales, and will be paid weekly as long as the amount in your account is over the threshold amount you have set in your settings.
  19. Steve

Steve New Member

Hi there and welcome to the forum! This is a great place and I have learned a lot here. I enjoyed reading your blog, here are a few ideas that may be helpful.

Check your spelling and grammar. You can be casual and correct at the same time.

Find a related affiliate product to sell and get rid of the AdSense. Please understand that this is my own opinion, and I'm not intending to start a huge debate on AdSense with everyone. I say this because it pays pennies per click, and if you don't have much traffic it will take forever to make any money. When you're selling a product AdSense actually cause you to lose customers because it drives visitors away, and all you get is a few cents. If you instead put affiliate links to a dog training ebook, you will make a lot more money.

Don't forget to ping your blogs with Technorati.com, and link them together as well as to and from your main site. Search engines love this. Also you should bookmark them with social bookmarking sites like Digg and Stumble Upon.

Good luck and happy blogging,

Steve
  20. KDMiller55

KDMiller55 New Member

Steve: Check your spelling and grammar. You can be casual and correct at the same time.

Absolutely! I often judge a site by use of proper grammar and spelling, as this can often be an indicator of time and care put into building the site.

This is not a criticism aimed squarely at the original poster, but I think a lot of people do judge based on these two criteria.