hello all,another newbie in town!

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by taz87, Aug 10, 2008.

1. taz87

taz87 New Member

hey guys...its been a while indeed
    to steve and happywife ==>thanks for your feedbacks guys.constructive criticism is just what i need!
    i am afraid after knowing more etc i will scrap the blog altogether for new website idea of which i have more specialized knowledge about.
    i have few projects/business modules under construction
    sad as it was....for real life issues i was forced to do very long hours...around 70 hours a week for my debts to clear ... =.="
    now everything is under control and i am ready to jump back where i was,with much more knowledge in my arsenal this time
  2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi taz,

Welcome back. I'm glad you have gotten out from under the burden of your debt. I'm sure that's a huge relief!

It sounds like you have some real direction now on what to do and how to do it. I look forward to seeing good things from you in the future.

Let us know if you need any help.

Blessings,
    Angie
  3. taz87

taz87 New Member

thank you =)
    i look forward too hehe!!

everything is there,planned etc
    only thing will slow me down now are the technicalities really.
    not all that computer savvy or HTML expert i am afraid.
    will see how it goes and keep you updated [​IMG]
  4. happywife

happywife Gold Member

taz87: only thing will slow me down now are the technicalities really.
    not all that computer savvy or HTML expert i am afraid.

That was my biggest problem getting started too. I ended up using SiteBuildIt so I could avoid learning all the technicalities in the beginning and just get down to business. Best decision I made.

Have fun!
    Angie
  5. taz87

taz87 New Member

hehe yea i know what you mean,well i found a good website that teaches basics of everything really.
    will give it a go then once i have better understanding all about html,xml,xhtml,java,ssl,htts and all that jumbo bambo,i will see where i go from there lol
    also happywife for adsense its highly recommended that you know all about the tech stuff [​IMG]
    and thats where i aim to leep for now lol
  6. happywife

happywife Gold Member

taz87: hehe yea i know what you mean,well i found a good website that teaches basics of everything really.
    will give it a go then once i have better understanding all about html,xml,xhtml,java,ssl,htts and all that jumbo bambo,i will see where i go from there lol

You're braver than I was. [​IMG] Good for you. I hope it all comes together for you and starts to make sense.

also happywife for adsense its highly recommended that you know all about the tech stuff
    and thats where i aim to leep for now lol

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you referring to Adwords rather than Adsense? With Adsense you don't need to know any tech stuff, really. But if you are planning to use Adwords for advertising, you definitely should learn as much as you can or you can expect to lose a good bit of money.

Blessings,
    Angie
  7. taz87

taz87 New Member

happywife: I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you referring to Adwords rather than Adsense? With Adsense you don't need to know any tech stuff, really. But if you are planning to use Adwords for advertising, you definitely should learn as much as you can or you can expect to lose a good bit of money.

well i meant adsense because where and how you display the ads is very crucial,placing add blocks in certain spots wont be easily done with template sites or the likes.you will have to fine tune and manually place it there.
    i haven't even started any adwords business yet...not ready yet
  8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Okay.

Yes, Adsense placement is definitely important, but it really isn't that techie. It's fairly simple and straightforward.

The basic formula I've followed is to place one horizontal block at the top and a square block in the upper left (preferably above the fold). There are a couple of variations of that, but for my site, I prefer that look.

It isn't necessary to use all the Adsense blocks allowed by Google on each page. Actually, I've read that the fewer blocks you use, the higher the value of the ad tends to be, so don't overdo it.

Google as some good information on Adsense design and layout for those interested in maximizing their profits. You can read about it to your heart's content when you sign up for Adsense.

Have fun!
    Angie
  9. Phil Stones

Phil Stones New Member

fatman: Welcome! Yep, forums are pretty cool. The best way for me to learn is to ask questions, or to just read other peoples' questions if they already asked the same thing. Good luck with everything

yes there is loads to learn and read - just get on ! often the hardest step is the first one!