Hello, I am new, I am Unemployed, I need help!

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by I need a job, Mar 31, 2009.

1. yahia

yahia Member

Hi "I need a job", would you please include your location in the blog that mountain mom suggested?

The reason I am asking is that most of the jobs in the corporate world are unadvertised. You get the job with your connections rather than with your resume. It might happen that one of us knows someone in your neighbourhood who needs just what you have to offer.
  2. yahia

yahia Member

3. MrMoney

MrMoney New Member

If you need a quick initial income you could try freebie trading. It has its drawbacks, but if you need money to invest in other things, it is a good place to look
  4. jenncez

jenncez New Member

It's been a few months, so you may have found something by now, but if not I wanted you recommend finding some survey sites that pay or ad clicking. It's not a lot of money but I say it's better than NO money...right?
  5. mrfoster256

mrfoster256 New Member

I am just like you I Need A Job, I was fired from my job 4 months ago I needed help just like you. So I began networking online with social networks like facebook, twitter etc. and I began to find others like me. Asking for advice, where to look and what to look for. I recommend going to job fairs in your nearest town or city.
  6. urupanther

urupanther Guest

I've sent you a ChaCha invite, I need a job.
    Contact me if you need any help.
  7. I need a job

I need a job New Member

Hey Everyone

You Guys are Awesome with your responses!!
    I love This[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Please feel free to contact me personally if you want to talk or shoot some ideas
  8. logicalman

logicalman New Member

Try online affilite marketing
  9. kyrash

kyrash New Member

One way to start making some money online apart from surveys and GPT sites is to go woth affiliate marketing.
    Most affiliate networks might require that you fill in a website on the form, but if you dont have a website then i will advice you to give them a call the instant you submit your application and tell them you will be using PPC to drive traffic.

I have seen this work before as sometimes they really need to know they are delaing with someone who is serious about promoting and will be using ethical methods.

If you need some pointer son how to promote affiliate network feel free to give me a shout
  10. TowneKrier

TowneKrier New Member

I need a job right now . I've applied at west at home, live ops and a couple of others. I was hoping to fill out application for cha cha but their not taking any at this time. I would appreciate any leads. No scams please.
  11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

TowneKrier: need a job right now . I've applied at west at home, live ops and a couple of others. I was hoping to fill out application for cha cha but their not taking any at this time. I would appreciate any leads. No scams please.
    Have you checked over at the wahm.com/forum?? There is more of that kind of thing over there, I believe.
  12. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi TowneKrier,

M5 came up with a good suggestion.

Depending upon your skills, you might also take a glance at Elance:

http://www.elance.com/

~Newbie Shield~
  13. Roythebullet

Roythebullet New Member

Hey Need a Job, I can relate. I'm taking care of my ailing prents so I had to turn to the internet to try to monetize my time. It's been an uphill battle for about 9 months now and I finally got in with a great company. The best advice I can give is if you're looking to break into the internet arena to make a living, is to start getting all your social sites going, Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, maybe start a blog. Blogger .com has a platform for free. There's millions of choices when looking for an online opportunity. Her's some criteria I learned to look for:
    #1. Are the people REAL People, and not some guru, boasting about his millions
    #2. Does the site give you a sense of that they're not trying to beat you over the head to join
    #3. After you optin, are you able to contact the person that sent you to the site
    #4. Is the site a highly converting site that offers a REAL VALUE and/or over delivers on what they promise
    #5. Is the product or service in high demand and will it continue to be in demand for years to come
    #6. Can I feel good about telling my friends and family about it without trying to recruit them
    Some other good indicators are to look at the Alex ratings, which gives you the overall placement, according to traffic, with respect to all the websites in the world. Just go to alexa.com click on the site info tab, enter the name of the site and you'll get a number which is the placement overall worldwide. Another good one is bizinformation.org, this one will give you the value of the site and also show the traffic stats per day. I know there's a lot here, but I have learned a great deal after researching opportunities for about a year. Now I'm happy to say, it's finally worth the effort. good luck to you!
  14. Ann Williams

Ann Williams New Member

I need a job: GANIMAL

Thank you for the suggestion, but I do not want to invest any money, I just would like a remote position which has set hours or comes close to a job which pays weekly or bi-weekly. Any suggestions

I have applied for a few but there are a lot out there that are not hiring at this time.

I have gotten some article writing jobs through Elance.com. It is a site that you can post your skills along with look for jobs posted. It has all sorts of online work, from writing articles, blog posting, website design, office assistant, and a lot more that I can type here. It is free to sign up. Good luck.
  15. debbystewart

debbystewart New Member

Sorry to hear about your being unemployed.
    I would suggest that you try to start a website, a blog, a forum or anything else that you are passionate about.
    It does not cost a lot to start a website and the payout can be very big.
    Put some Pay-Per-Click and affiliate ads on your website and the money will start coming.
  16. gowriter

gowriter Member

If you're into writing, you can try applying to About.com as a guide. They have some topics that are available that you might be interested in. You will get paid at least $625 per month and then move up. You'll be working with an editor, and they'll train you to see how you respond to their critiquing.

Another place to look is Write Jobs.

A third place to look is this freelance writer's blog I've been reading at http://freelancehomewriter.blogspot.com/. I think the writer mentions one website called Mahalo that offers an hourly writing positionf for $10 - $12 per hour.
  17. bunny06

bunny06 New Member

The internet offers a lot of opportunities to work and to make money. The only problem is you have to thoroughly search which ones are real and which ones are scams. For sure, if a website asks for money or credit card payment (unless you have not done any shopping!!), it's a scam! I found some valuable information and help from this Forum. You can, too. If you like writing, you can start blogging or create a free website of your own through blogger.com or squidoo.com. If you like selling, you can apply as an affiliate to some money earning websites which have free memberships. Good luck!
  18. jevmaks

jevmaks New Member

Yes, Internet offers a lot of opportunities, and it is great. But it is also confusing for beginner. What kind of business or work to chose? What program for training? Whom of gurus or teachers to follow? Tons of information and opportunities lead to tons of questions.[​IMG]
    I feel sometimes as Buridan's ass[​IMG]
  19. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

There are many work from home guides you can find here. You can start with adsense, affiliate marketing or even freelancing for quick money.
  20. jeremya23

jeremya23 New Member

I haven't been laid off yet, but I know it's coming. I'm starting with affiliate marketing, just started last month. I've only made one sale, but at least I know it will work.