Hello to all the WAHD!

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by Cangri787, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Cangri787

Cangri787 New Member

Just wanted to say Hi to all the WAHD, I've been working from home since April 09 and now Im looking into SEO and stuff like that and found this forum and it looks like it has a lot of good information.
    -Jay-

2. Lawrence Ip

Lawrence Ip New Member

Cangri787
    Jumping in on the bandwagon... I too am looking into creating automated income streams and it looks like I will learn much indeed from this forum. Looking forward to sharing my journey while building my website. [​IMG]

3. DaveBeck

DaveBeck New Member

Lawrence Ip,

There is many of ways to create automated income streams...

You could start out with some affiliate products.

4. timbonderud

timbonderud New Member

Cangri787
    Just wanted to say hi as well, as another wahd. Time and freedom they are a wonderful thing.

5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Hi Jay,

Welcome to the forum. Glad that you joined us here today.

There is a lot of great info and here so soak it up and you will do even better.

Tal

6. revenue4u

revenue4u New Member

I am a WAHD and love working at my own pace and by the rules I set. I like reading success stories, so if you are making money, by all means, tell me and make my day. I work one affiliate program which pays enough to pay the electric bill. I also buy, fix and resell PCs on ebay. Job, I don't need no stinking job.

7. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

revenue4u: I am a WAHD and love working at my own pace and by the rules I set. I like reading success stories, so if you are making money, by all means, tell me and make my day. I work one affiliate program which pays enough to pay the electric bill. I also buy, fix and resell PCs on ebay. Job, I don't need no stinking job.
    There are many stories out there that you can find online to get some great stories of people who started with nothing online and have now build their business to where they are doing really well for themselves.

Tal

8. span

span New Member

You can have many small gigs (eggs) that together as a whole will provide steady income for you. I'm new to this forum but I am part of another Work at Home forum as well. Devoting time to your eggs will ensure success and working on a side project as to what you would really like to accomplish is a great motivator.

9. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

multiple streams of income really save your butt sometimes, I've seen a few people put all their eggs into one basket and then suffer the consequences when Google does a Panda update :p

10. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

That's a good point PeterFrosen. We need to truly diversify our incomes. And hello to all WAHD's as well.
    -Jay- This is a real good forum but also take some time to look at other forums like warrior forum too. I've picked up on some good information between the two.

11. deniskabk

deniskabk New Member

Hello All! Being a wahd is great! I actually get to see my kids with this job [​IMG]

I also know the importance of multiple incomes. The hardest part with working from home that most people face is the ability to manage yourself. Some guys that I know just need that manager to stand on top of them or otherwise they are not working. I think if you can overcome that and treat your work from home as something you love and enjoy it becomes fun!

12. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

I have been working from home for 8 years now. I stay at home with my two boys. People should realize if you put forth just half the energy you do at your normal job on your home business you would earn 2-3x the money. People sometimes though are afraid of failure and do not do whatever it takes to be successful.

Also make sure you pick a company that is rock solid and stable and that you know will be around for a while. Do NOT get involved in start ups or hype driven programs because 99% of them fizzle out fast.

Chris