Help Again! How do I get a bannoff of my affiliate site and on my blog

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by robinincarolina, May 10, 2009.

1. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Ok, I have been working and working on this blog, next I will do a real site, but in the meantime all this html stuff is killing me. I have no clue how to do the linking of a banner in my website. On my affiliate site there is all this code stuff. I am not sure what it means let alone how to put it on there. Any help would be great. Thanks again all.
  2. coolgoose

coolgoose New Member

Hey robin!

I really wish i can help you, but i tried searching-it-out and i found nothing...hope you find help!!! [​IMG]

BUT, i'm always here to help...sorry.

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

go to the layout part of your blog and use the add a gadget feature ... they are usually on the side and / or bottom. Then use the HTML/JavaScript option... remember that you can not break your blog and you can always edit it later if you mess up. Go play with it.[​IMG]

edited to add that you need to copy and paste the html code from your affiliate site into the box of the html/javascript box and it will automatically change to a banner when you publish it.
  4. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Alternative way - you can put the banner in the post.
  5. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

It keeps giving me an error message, but I will keep trying. It won't alow < whatever that means.
  6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Robin,

If you have any HTML questions, you can look at W3schools:

If all else fails, remember to treat the banner as an image by using the image tag [​IMG].

Notice that it's a singleton tag. It has no closing tag. Within the tag you can also specify attributes such as width, height, borders, and alternate text (in case the image fails to display).

Just remember to include the whole path to the image. Usually affiliate banners have it set up for you and you don't have to adjust anything. Just make sure that your affiliate I.D. is correct.

Good luck,

~Newbie Shield~