Help for Newbies

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by James Peter, Nov 6, 2009.

1. James Peter

James Peter New Member

It looks like there are a lot of experienced entrepreneurs here, as well as people who are totally new to online marketing. What would you say your best tip would be for newbies who want to start on online business?
    Peace.

2. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello James,
    The best advice I can offer:

-Choose a Internet Marketing training program and stick with it.
    -Avoid purchasing tempting IM product after product
    -Focus
    -Make time every day to work/avoid television for the time being
    -See yourself successful
    -Believe in yourself completely
    -Have patience with yourself/the learning process
    -Take the Thirty Day Challenge
    -Work within a topic of interest or experience
    -Ask questions, none are silly!
    -Have fun with it

Enjoying your work makes life that much better!
    Victoria

3. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Whatever you decided to do understand the marketing strategies to be successful and make sure you can apply them and/or learn them.

It all comes down to marketing and driving traffic to websites. Use offline and online marketing tactics for home business success.

Additionally, be about the business of creating monthly residual income. Commit to monthly residual so you can have monthly residual.

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I second what Victoria said - very good advice there....[​IMG]

5. tandre

tandre New Member

You should pick a training program with an action plan that offers your structure and keeps you on track

MOIS by Kimberely Hoffman is a good one

6. Andy3568

Andy3568 New Member

I like Victoria's advice.

Definitely try to do something every day, even if it's just reading some free info online. Nothing you do is wasted.

7. DoItNow

DoItNow New Member

I say stick with one thing until it is mastered and don't move on to anything else until that pays.

8. writerros

writerros New Member

Very good advice here.

You are off to a good start because you are doing the one thing that I would advise - and that's asking people who have already been there!

Keep in touch with forums like this, ask questions and watch what those who are successful are doing.

Ros

9. Jim Gillum

Jim Gillum New Member

All the advise is good.
    The best combination is LEARN , there is a lot to learn, and do NOT give up.
    The longer you work at it the easier it gets.

10. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Andy3568: I like Victoria's advice.

Definitely try to do something every day, even if it's just reading some free info online. Nothing you do is wasted.
    Thank you Andy.

I also would like to add one can run a scam check.
    I do suspect scams will be fewer with the FTC cracking down on marketers/advertisers.

For the longest time, I would only look at promotions that were referred by friends or reputable online companies.
    There are still some absolute jewels out there by unknowns.

Most can feel it in their guts, whether something it too good to be true or a genuine opportunity.

I love this forum, because there is such a wide range of knowledge.

Cheers!
    Victoria

11. CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide New Member

Some good advice for a newbie like me!

12. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

The best tip I can give you is....Persistence.

Once you've chosen a direction, learned a marketing strategy and other essential information, create a daily plan for effort toward the goals you want to achieve, and stick to them for at least 90 days (takes that long to see any real results in anything online)

Consistent effort towards the goals you set for yourself is the only way to achieve success.

13. Jim Gillum

Jim Gillum New Member

Good sound advise........

Let me just add....learn and then learn......

IM is very hard at first and gets easier as you "learn"....
    It takes some time........it is not get rich quick...

Stick with it.....mistakes do not count...because no one will know...
    Seek help in the forums but, weigh the advise. Some is good, some is self serving..
    Best of luck to you.........

14. billiebjosey

billiebjosey New Member

Find a proven "system" that works and don't reinvent the wheel...repeat what works...Don't join a business and do nothing...mlm is a great industry but it will give you back what you put into it! Hope this helps

15. JoelCowen

JoelCowen New Member

If your looking for a step-by-step process you can try 30daychallenge. This will help you get things going in the right direction.

To your freedom and success,

Joel

16. yasser

yasser New Member

Jim Gillum: IM is very hard at first and gets easier as you "learn"....
    It takes some time........it is not get rich quick...
    I totally agree. In my opinion selling on ebay is a good start for newbies. Ebay is a big scam free company and you can easily start there.

17. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

DoItNow: I say stick with one thing until it is mastered and don't move on to anything else until that pays.
    You are totally right. You should make the best out of one technique and its corresponding niche then you move on to another one if you have success with the first and duplicate for more earnings.

18. TimelySuccess

TimelySuccess New Member

VictoriaNTC: Hello James,
    The best advice I can offer:

-Choose a Internet Marketing
    training program and stick with it.
    -Avoid purchasing
    tempting IM product after product
    -Focus
    -Make time every day to work/avoid television for the time being
    -See yourself successful
    -Believe in yourself completely
    -Have patience with yourself/the learning process
    -Take the Thirty Day Challenge
    -Work within a topic of interest or experience
    -Ask questions, none are silly!
    -Have fun with it

Enjoying your work makes life that much better!
    Victoria
    Hello James!

This sums up everything I have to say about perservering within an online business. It does not come overnight and you should definietely find something that intrigues you, because, after all it will be YOUR business!!

Good Luck [​IMG]

~~TimelySuccess

19. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

James Peter: What would you say your best tip would be for newbies who want to start on online business?
    "Be sure of your purpose for wanting to start your business in the first place, and then make a commitment to use the business as a stepping stone to achieve that purpose."

I believe that establishing the right mindset at the outset is critical to the experience and the outcome. You'll need passion, perspective and persistence to keep you on the path. There'll be obstacles, challenges and frustrations, but the right mindset will keep you motivated and on track.

Hermas

20. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

A lot of excellent advice & has been previously mentioned,
    It is very important to stick with your laid out action plan &
    not to move from it until you've completed all of the tasks.

Mark [​IMG]