Help! I can't connect to Skype...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by mountainmom5, Feb 2, 2008.

1. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I downloaded Skype and I have been trying to connect but it keeps saying I can't connect..[​IMG]

I have Windows XP and use IE...

Any tips or ideas of what I should do??

2. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Hi Viola,

I don't use Skype yet so I'm no help, but I did want to add another question to the thread [​IMG]

Does anyone here use Skype with a satellite internet connection?

3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I just discovered this month (after switching to satellite) that it doesn't support VoIP. So, no more Skype for me (I'll probably lose my credit). [​IMG]

4. markmcculloch

markmcculloch New Member

Have you checked your firewall settings with skype?

5. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Quoting: happywifeI just discovered this month (after switching to satellite) that it doesn't support VoIP.

I didn't think we could...I thought I remembered reading that on the Skype website. The other day I had a lady tell me that a few people that she works with have a satellite connection and use Skype. Just thought I would check here. Thanks!

Lora

6. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I have tried using it with the satellite (before discovering there was a problem). I was able to hear my mom in the US fine, but she couldn't hear me. She could tell it was me and got bits and pieces of words, but not clear enough to make out what I was saying. She said there was a lot of other noise.

Still disappointed about that. I'm having to pay regular landline fees! I've been a bit spoiled with Skype for the last couple of years. [​IMG]