Help Me Begin My Education

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Zen_Fox, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Zen_Fox

Zen_Fox New Member

Firstly, I would like to say that I am very grateful for having found this website and forum. After reading through a few threads I already feel I've learned some. However, I am interested in furthering my education into an online income.

I have a great desire to make this work. I am willing to put in a large amount of time initially to seeing this a success. It's all very exciting to me and I love hearing of others success. I know I can gain that success as well and I'd like for you to help me.

I am a recent college graduate with a degree in English. I am however currently under-employed, only managing a wage slave income and limited hours. I have no interest in working for others. I find the most satisfaction from working for myself and my own interests and would like the freedom which goes with it. I'm also willing to accept the responsibilty and risk involved as well.

I am really lost though but eager to start learning. I just don't know in which direction to apply my focus or even which area I'm interested in, in which field I'd like to earn. I am not looking for quick money. I am interested in a long term income. I am willing to accept doing work for little iniatial reward for promise of greater reward in the long term. I would eventually like to have a business set up which would allow me to work from anywhere which has interenet access and for a few hours daily.

I am looking for books, blogs, and websites to meet my goals, finding a good place to beging teaching myself what I'll need to learn to work from home, and all the information I'll need to know.

Thank you. [​IMG]
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Zenfox,
    You will find much to browse thru here on the forum. Some of us are into affiliate marketing which in my humble opinion is one of the funnest ways to make money online if you like learning new things...[​IMG]

Then others are involved in home businesses which is also a form of affiliate marketing but with more benefits and more of a people business, as you are the owner of your own business, whether it is a direct sales model or multi level marketing...

Basically, to me the bottom line is that if you are willing to put in some time and effort and be willing to pick yourself back up when you fall on your face, you will make it in the world of online marketing...[​IMG]
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi ZenFox,

You certainly have learned the most important lessons already. It takes work and time, but the final success will be well worth it. [​IMG]

As for books and resources to help you learn, there are some free one's that were a huge help to me in getting started and getting a basic understanding of what is involved in developing an online business.

I've made them available to others by placing them on the "about us" page of one of my sites. You can download them by following the free books link in my signature. Help yourself. I hope they will be a blessing and help to you as they were to me.

Once you determine in which direction you want to go, there will be places (like this forum) where friendly and generous people will help you along as you ask specific questions. I've been on the receiving end of that kind of help so many times and I'm tickled pink whenever I get to be on the helping end, as are others.

Wishing you all the best on this challenging and more than a little fun journey.

4. Shadowkahn1234

Shadowkahn1234 New Member

Hey Zenfox,
    I'm into affiliate marketing. There are several really good trianing courses out there that can get you started. My Online Income System is an excellent way for beginners to start in this field.
    Check my signature for more info.
    I hope you realize all your dreams.
    Have a great day[​IMG]
  5. whocares

whocares New Member

You will get to read a lot of contradicting information out there, so you have to use your head and gut instinct. Don't be gullible - many people in this business will sell their own mother for a click [​IMG] But all in all, I would say go for it [​IMG] But do keep in mind that this is very hard work, especially in the beginning until you get the hang of it. I am still struggling to keep my nose above the water, but I learn a lot each day. Don't leave your job before you feel comfortable with this new world.
  6. unselfishbuddy

unselfishbuddy New Member

First off, you need to figure out why you wish to have you own home business as this "why" is going to be your main motivation in pursuing your home business career. There will be ups and downs in the business and by keeping your "why" in mind, you will surely persevere.

The next thing you'll need to figure out is what type of business you'll feel comfortable the most. I am both in affiliate and network marketing and I really enjoy them, as affiliate marketing provides me with the instant income, while network marketing allows me to build residual income for the long-term. Remember, it is critical that you have fun with the business you're doing.

I also would recommend that you continue to learn as much as you can about internet marketing to better your skills, which you will apply in your business daily. Ensure that when you apply these skills, you must do it consistently as consistency is the key in succeeding in a home business. I would recommend that you read the article I wrote about the 5 Steps To Success: [Link removed - Admin]

I wish you the best on your internet marketing career.
  7. whocares

whocares New Member

I wouldn't suggest the online surveys since they are A LOT of work. I did that for a while but figured it doesn't pay enough for the time spent getting surveys.
  8. aplina

aplina New Member

you could also think of writing articles . elance, guru , need an article to mention a few.
  9. Morgana

Morgana New Member

Hello Zenfox,

My degree is in English also, and like you I spent quite a while under employed, and decided that I really wanted to work for myself. That was some years ago, and I have never looked back.

I am now a proud home business owner and as well I publish a Home Business Newsletter twice monthly that offers relevant and insightful home business training. In the new year I will also be offering live online training conferences - all free of charge to my subscribers.

Feel welcome to check out my newsletter site (link in sig file [​IMG]) and I wish you all the success in the world!

10. cmw6300

cmw6300 New Member

Probably the most important decision you will have to make regardless of the direction you take, is how much time you are willing to invest in your business. I am still a rookie in the online business world, but the information I have learned so far has been well worth it. I just started less than a week ago and I have spent at least 3 - 4 hours a night building my business after I get home from my regular job. So, like many of the other people have said, determine how much time you want to spend building a business.
  11. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

Wow, what a great attitude!

Affiliate marketing does work, but if you can create your own product, you'll be opening many more doors for yourself.

By your own product, I am of course talking about an information product, an ebook or CD/DVD course maybe. Is there a subject that you're passionate about or know a lot about? Maybe you can share your wisdom with others in the form of an ebook. It's not difficult writing about something when you already know a lot about it.

I'm currently working on a product on how to make a website, as I feel a lot of people are scared off by this simple task when it's really not that difficult!

Anyway, all the best. You'll find a lot of great advice here.

12. cmw6300

cmw6300 New Member

If you have the experience and know how to produce your own product, that would be a great thing to do. But, you will still have to be able to market that product.

Thats where I think MOIS comes in. They take you by the hand from being a complete beginner to providing you with a basis to really market whatever you may choose.

I can't speak much for Wealthy Affiliate as I haven't looked in to the product, but from what I have learned from other people is that WA takes what you learn in MOIS and expands on it.

Either way you go, if you decide to develop your own product, or go with affiliate marketing, it is going to take some hard work to get them off the ground.
  13. chrisbag

chrisbag New Member

I think affiliate marketing is the way to go but it will take some time to develop as there is alot to learn and finding the the right product for a beginner isnt a easy process.

I best beginners course I have found is the My Online Income System certainly it is geared up to lead the newcomer into the world of affiliate marketing and put them into a good position to move forward.
  14. cmw6300

cmw6300 New Member

I agree with Chrisbag. MOIS is a great course. I signed up with it a little more than a week ago and have learned so much. You really can't go wrong with MOIS.