Help! Need some major advise!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by aldanson, Nov 25, 2008.

1. aldanson

aldanson New Member

I want to create a set of videos to help struggling affiliates but in the videos I want to take them through proper blog creation and simple things like that. Can I use a program like cam studio and create a walkthrough of say blogger or would that be against the law. I have searched everywhere and contacted some lawyers. No one can give me an answer. I would be selling the videos.
  2. Seth

Seth New Member

3. aldanson

aldanson New Member

sort of but no I have a system that I use and basically I want to video tape it so I have a solid weeks worth of what I do. I want to make it detailed and very user friendly so all people have to do is copy me and then rinse and repeat. I just want to know if I am allowed to go through sites like blogger and video tape how it works and what I do from it without getting into a legal battle later on. I contacted Google with no response and pretty much any source i could find. Its been about 3 months of searching for this answer and yet I have come up with no solid response.
  4. whocares

whocares New Member

you need to find a blogger and ask his/her permission. otherwise it is against the law, especially if you want to sell the video.
  5. molyda

molyda New Member

Well, I suppose you could... Did you contact Blogger about your intentions? What does it say in their TOS?

I've seen Mike Filsaime promoting PowerLink Generator by showing a video tutorial step-by-step instead of using how-to words.

If that's what you want to do, I suppose you could. The only thing I'm not sure of: does Mike own the PowerLink Generator program? Or is he an affiliate promoting the program?

In your case, you don't own Blogger, maybe their TOS would give you a hint. Not sure about this one.

Good luck!
  6. aldanson

aldanson New Member

yeah I looked but its hard to tell if I would be infringing on the TOS:S
  7. aplina

aplina New Member

you may want to contact those people you intent to work with or use their program . but you may also remember that some may want to know what they can get .
  8. aldanson

aldanson New Member

Yeah I tried to contact them and I am getting no responses. Its frustrating because I have a great plan in order and it would help a lot of people.
  9. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Personally,i think it is ok to show people the step by step guide and upload to the youtube.

It will help a lot of people.