Help please

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by bethb1003, Feb 6, 2011.

1. happywife Gold Member

I'm not talking about buying traffic. I'm talking about what we were discussing in regards to building your OWN content rather than building content for others that you ultimately have no control over and is vulnerable.

I don't buy traffic. I get thousands of visitors per day on some of my sites from direct search. The sites are mine and though pages can jump around in their rankings at times due to changing algorithms, the traffic grows at a steady rate.

There are always going to be variables in having an online business, but it always makes more sense to build your own real estate than to build someone else's real estate.

You don't have to make a huge or constant $ investment to build your own site(s) if you aren't buying your traffic. You just need to learn to build them right.

I would always encourage "newbies and kids" to learn to build the right kind of online business the first time around rather than waste their time learning and implementing something that is "not a business to rely on for feeding your kids and paying your mortgage."

If you can point them in the right direction the first time around, why not do so? (If you can offer filet mignon, why offer hot dogs?) [IMG]

That's what I was referring to. [IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  2. yahia Member

Every thing you said is right and I 100% agree with you. Actually I said it somewhere else on this forum a year or two ago.

But still, OWM can be used to get in idea of what keywords convert instead of my experimentation budget. Then build your own website on your own domain around these keywords and point all the links in your OWM campaign to your website (you'll do it anyway for any website to get organic exposure, in this case you start with it).

My I also add to your post that a virtual real estate is sometimes worth hundreds of thousands or even millions or dollars? Business.com was sold for $74 millions, and a virtual mall inside a game was sold last November for $635,000!
  3. bethb1003 New Member

I got my refund and I'm starting SBI today! Thank you all for the feedback. Yahia, all of your info was very informative. In the end, I want a job/business that I can take with me when/if we move to another dropzone and while I don't plan on it being my full income right away, it is my long-term goal. Articles are good for now but I want my own "real estate" as you guys say. So I will continue to do the articles but a website will be my main project. I can't wait to get it up and running. [IMG]
  4. yahia Member

5. happywife Gold Member

Congrats to you Beth! I'm thrilled for you. It's so exciting starting on something with so much potential. Do keep us posted on your progress. [IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  6. markdudek New Member

Hi Beth,
    Thanks for the interesting post, and for kicking off a great thread!

Like many others, I wasted years and a significant amount of cash on various schemes that were very poor quality to say the least. I won't bore anyone with my circumstances, but bottom line is I needed to (wanted to) be financially independant. Being 55 years of age is not a great criteria for getting a job. (At least in the UK it isn't.)

I was looking for a system that teaches an absolute beginner all the skills and techniques that you need to know to set up your own business on the internet, and glad to say I eventually found it. Using that system, I learned more about running a web business in two months than I had learned in the previous five years. I can't recommend it highly enough, and the level of support you get is excellent (very important!) and very friendly. The link is in my sig if you want to know more.

Remember, it takes a lot of time and a high level of commitment for this to work, same as any other business, otherwise it will nosedive.

But whatever you do, I wish you absolute success. With the right mindset and armed with the correct knowledge, you cannot fail!

Kind Regards,
    Mark.
  7. Ron S New Member

Beware of the systems that promising you make thousands of dollars in a week or while you sleep, with no experience required, no work involved. To make money online is not as easy as blown up by many internet marketers. Learning is essential if you wish to make a living online. There are so many ways to make money online - you can make money online with little or no money invested, you can pursue an online jobs, you can make money by building a website, you can make money without a website.

Identify your expertise, Find your niche. Beware of online scams, aware of online business opportunities and learn how to exploit them!
  8. steelpaulo New Member

I have MOIS but havn't done really anything with it, Just picked it up.
    Not impressed.
    I am impressed with PotPieGirl but since I bought her book about a year ago she seems to have gotton greedy.

Her book is a good training guide and I have read testimony from folks who are making money with her method.

PPG was the first training book I bought and I did learn a ton.
    I built a lot of squidoo lenses an wrote 72 articles but I didn't make much money.

Had not seen SBI till now which amazes me. The ocean of information is boundless.

Please keep us informed on your progress. Good Luck.
  9. bethb1003 New Member

I love SBI!!
    I know I haven't updated here in a while. I got more hours at work temporarily and I have poured every free moment into SBI.

I just started building my website a few days ago. I have my homepage built and 3 tier 2's done as of now. I really do love all the research tools that SBI makes available. "Analyze it" has saved me a few times!!

I was done with MOIS within a few days. I just don't like the articles and writing about stuff that I don't really know anything about. It just didn't feel right... and i HATED Squidoo so I didn't want to do Pot Pie Girls stuff because now I know that's where she focuses.
    With SBI, I am building a site about something I love and if I do choose to write an article or promote anything, it will be for me and my site.... and something I KNOW.

I definitely recommend it if you are willing to take time to get started. It does take dedication and it is a slow process. But it is a quality program and I feel strongly that I am on the path to success.

I will put a link to my site in my signature once I get it to where I want it to be looked at. It is still rough and small right now so there's not too much to see. In 3 wks to a month I hope to have at least 20 pages built and then I think I will be ready for visitors. [IMG]
  10. happywife Gold Member

Hi Beth,

So glad you are enjoying your SBI Journey thus far. I took a little sneak peak at your site and it's fantastic. You are doing a great job so far.

You are using a great personal voice and the photos are lovely. I can't wait to see how you grow. Keep up the good work.

Blessings,
    Angie
  11. bethb1003 New Member

Thank you Angie!

I was about to write you and give you an update... and also see if you would take a look at my page but you beat me to it! [IMG]

I am really loving it! I am so surprised with how well my site is already ranking. I am not on the first page for google yet but I really didn't expect to be.

Yahoo & Bing are ranking me high, though and I am already at over 20 unique visitors a day for the last week (over 40 yesterday) and I just got my 9th page up today!!

It just goes to show that if you follow the action guide, everything they teach you does work!!

I am thrilled and will continue to add content.

Even Joey is starting to get excited and begged me for an assigment and he can't wait for me to tell him what I need pictures of. Since we live here, we don't really sort our beach pictures so for some, I am not sure what beach they are at!! [IMG]

He wrote his first page the other day and he is working on his 2nd. I am building them, of course, but he is really starting to get involved and excited. That really helps me out, too because he creates the content so we can have more pages in progress at once.

Aloha,
    Beth
  12. happywife Gold Member

Wow, Beth. That's great that you are already getting 20 visitors per day and you really "just started." Good girl!

Sorry it took me so long to reply. We've had a long bout of bad weather which affects my internet connection. Today we are finally having a "clear day" which is a blessing and gives me a chance to play catch up.

It's great to hear that Joey is getting involved too. You'll make progress twice as quickly when the two of you are working on it together.

Keep it up.
    Blessings,
    Angie
  13. bethb1003 New Member

aww! that's ok! I'm glad your whether is better.

We've had our own issues to deal with here that have kept me away from everything...

I have a few pages "written" but as soon as i got on my computer to start building them friday, I was advised about our tsunami warning... we spent 24 hours in a parking lot waiting to see what was going to happen. it turned out ok for us but there are still a lot of risks that are not really nationally reported so we have mostly been stuck to the local news & websites to see where we are with everything.

my website work has suffered... i haven't done anything with it since then but things could be so much worse so I am grateful.

but i am happy with the traffic i am still getting. i just checked and i haven't gone below 35 in about a week and a half. most days over 40 now.

now if i can only get some more pages up...
  14. happywife Gold Member

I'm glad to hear you are safe. The loss and suffering in Japan is so sad that it just makes you cry. I can only watch it in small doses. I think the Lord is coming soon. [IMG]

I'm so thrilled with your traffic numbers. That is really remarkable for such a new site. I definitely think that niche is right for you and that you are going to have a real winner on your hands.

Don't stress when life intervenes and you can't get as much done as you like. Just do what you can, when you can, and you'll continue to grow.

Blessings,
    Angie