Heres a concern for thought!

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by Sean Byrne, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Sean Byrne

Sean Byrne New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm with profit lance for exactly a month now and I'm finding the whole course very interesting. I have had one thought that maybe rookie kind of thinking... but is any concerned about niches drying up in the future when there are more people like us out there doing what we're doing?! I know Mike mentions that there are thousands of new niches being created, but will that be enough?

Does anyone see something like this happening? As mentioned before this may not be the case, but its just a thought.

Cheers guys
  2. JCP

JCP New Member

Hey Sean~

Actually NO is my answer to your question. Niches are ALWAYS changing. And there are things that people are not intrested inthat in 6 months people will be.

I believe that the SKY's the limit... And that something NEW is always happening. We are fortunate that we have gotten in on the ground level. It may get to the point that Mike may close the door on the course also. I believe Mike is WISE about his endevors. I also feel like Mike DOES care about Plancers, and wants to help people make money.

~So, continue on in your journey~
    ~Carry On Fellow Plancer~ [​IMG]
  3. Sean Byrne

Sean Byrne New Member

Hi JCP,

Many thanks for your reply...

I think your right when you say that Mike may need to consider closing the course. If you think about it, If more and more people start using the strategies in this course its going to get tight with niches. But then I could be wrong in saying that.

How are you progressing with the course?

Many thanks JCP!!!
  4. nickv_uk

nickv_uk New Member

Hi,

I dont belive there is an inherent limit on niches.

Although if I look at ones I can think of off as I type, beauty/health products, gardening, digital photo, sport memrobilia, they seem to be pretty heavily occupied unless you can identify some sub division within them.

As I see it the niche you/I want comes from some aspect of a personal interest. Given the numbers of people with web access there are bound to people who share that interest, the 'trick' is putting a unique slant on it to distinguish you from any competition.

Then the question is what can be provided to those people so that they would be interested in visiting your site.

Adsense or other ads can be targeted at those users, maybe Clickbank products offered or info products you have created yourself.

A membership element could be created on the basis of content you have obtained, either for free or purchased under PLR.

If you have 1000 members paying $10 for 3 months access you have a $40,000 a yr income not a fortune, but for many people enough for the netbiz to bring a big change to their lifestyle.

But I'm a long way from this position, nevertheless I think it is achievable given the time and effort.

So far as Mike 'closing' Profitlance is concerned that might happen. But the skills he is teaching are not secret 'they are out there' available to anyone who wants to use them.

The advantage that we have is that we dont have to spend the time and effort doing the research needed to identify and access them before we can apply them.

Good luck with your endeavours
    Nickv
  5. Sean Byrne

Sean Byrne New Member

Hi Nick,

Good to hear from you!
    How long have you been with the course now? Are you making any progress?

Sean
  6. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

i agree with you all that niches won't dry up and there will be a constant flow of them as time goes on, it is just down to our research and imagination to exploit these.
  7. JCP

JCP New Member

I know that the HUGE diffrence between the Profit Lance Course and anything out there. Mike is a guy who has done ALL the research. He is a guy with a REAL desire to teach, and a family man. Mike has a great sence of humor, and he has a passion to teach. I love that he is so honest and teaches with real WISDOM. He has NOT left anything out of the course. He has failed and he has learned from his failure.

I didn't say he should consider closing the course. I said he may close the course. NOT TO US! We will always have the course. That is what he promised. We will never have to pay ever again... The course is ever evolving. THANKFULLY~

I know that he also has membership sites out there, I am curious about and going to email him about....
  8. nickv_uk

nickv_uk New Member

Quoting: Sean ByrneHow long have you been with the course now? Are you making any progress?

Hi Sean,

I started at the beginning of the month.

Progress ?

That's another good question. I am working on building some pages at the moment (nothing published tho). I have n't yet identified the killer niche so I'm just doing something that I can use as a learning vehicle for all the different things I think I need to know.

In another post, I think I mentioned deconstructing the Profitlance templates so that people can see how to change them (I need to do this for my own use anyway), I still plan on doing so, and this will probably be the main kind of content.

Nickv
  9. OnlineMarketer

OnlineMarketer New Member

Quoting: Sean ByrneI have had one thought that maybe rookie kind of thinking... but is any concerned about niches drying up in the future when there are more people like us out there doing what we're doing?! I know Mike mentions that there are thousands of new niches being created, but will that be enough?

Sean,

Mike said in his course that he will snap the domain name if Overture tool shows over 10,000 searches per month. I have spent huge amount of time in searching niches. I have found that the domain names for most of high search volume keywords have been taken. There are few keywords for which the Overture tool shows over 10,000 search per month. But it is usually deceiving. Some other keyword tools show the search volume for these keywords are very low or even none.

So, if you are talking about domain names for niches with high search volume keywords, they are drying up or have already dried up. But there are many other ways to do online marketing.
  10. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

Quoting: OnlineMarketerSo, if you are talking about domain names for niches with high search volume keywords, they are drying up or have already dried up. But there are many other ways to do online marketing.

They are not drying up. There are millions of niches out there with sub niches that don't have the .com name taken. By the way, you don't need the .com domain name. .info or .net can get to the number one spot too.
  11. nickv_uk

nickv_uk New Member

Hi,

Even if the obvious names are gone the are still thousands possibly millions of variations.

I could not register yahoo.com BUT I could register guide-to-yahoo.com.

Some one looking for advice about yahoo might very well use that as their search phrase.

Yahoo might not like it but that's another issue

Nick
  12. hotboy18

hotboy18 New Member

I agree that there are millions of niches out there and once you find them you just have to do the proper research to see if they will be profitable.
  13. makemoneyonline

I asked Mike if he would show us an example of one of his adsense websites that he has made.
    That didn't go over very well. Part of me understands, because I know there are people out there who might try to copy, but another part of me is mad, because we can use it as a blueprint for our own sites to make sure we are doing them right.
    He also told me that he was thinking of making another video tutorial that goes through the entire keyword research process, getting the domain name, and going through the website design process. I really hope he does, because I know that there are some people who are a little confused on how to do all of this.
  14. Sean Byrne

Sean Byrne New Member

Quoting: OnlineMarketerSean,

Mike said in his course that he will snap the domain name if Overture tool shows over 10,000 searches per month. I have spent huge amount of time in searching niches. I have found that the domain names for most of high search volume keywords have been taken. There are few keywords for which the Overture tool shows over 10,000 search per month. But it is usually deceiving. Some other keyword tools show the search volume for these keywords are very low or even none.

So, if you are talking about domain names for niches with high search volume keywords, they are drying up or have already dried up. But there are many other ways to do online marketing.

----------------

This is what I'm saying... These domain names are drying up and fast... I'm just hoping that there are more niches to found with the right and profitable criteria!
  15. surferket

surferket New Member

Actually I can understand that too as I'd do same if I have such money making adsense sites. Those adsense sites that he has given us are pretty bad looking and old with copyright 2005 [​IMG]
    No way anyone would bother to click any ads there.
    I bought a newer adsense package and they look really nice and sophisticated.

Quoting: makemoneyonlineI asked Mike if he would show us an example of one of his adsense websites that he has made.
    That didn't go over very well. Part of me understands, because I know there are people out there who might try to copy, but another part of me is mad, because we can use it as a blueprint for our own sites to make sure we are doing them right.
  16. makemoneyonline

Even if you don't get the domain name, its still ok. You can just do some SEO and still rank very well that way. Its not crucial that you have the domain name for the keywords, but it is an asset.
  17. Sean Byrne

Sean Byrne New Member

Hi guys,

I've been searching around and routing out niches online and I can tell you it hasnt been an easy one! I'm finding that almost every keyword and long tail keywords are taken by someone using a .com at the end. I'm not interested in buying keywords with .info and .net etc... I heard that google reward domains with .com's better than .info, .net etc...

Is anyone else getting frustrated?

Sean
  18. makemoneyonline

If you follow Mike's videos called "video explaining the research process' parts 1, 2 and 3, just follow along with exactly what he does. You can usually find some pretty good ones that way!