Here's An Idea For Someone...

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by rayj00, Jul 23, 2009.

1. rayj00 New Member

Download the current Health Care House Bill....

Go line by line or section by section and decipher into plain English!

I would pay for a copy!!! Serious!!!

Ray
  2. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Ray,

Last I heard, the thing was 1,000 pages or more.

Hope you like to read about health care :)

~Newbie Shield~
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

rayj00: Go line by line or section by section and decipher into plain English!
    That would be a great idea and then BROADCAST it to all the rest of the world that is ignorant of what it REALLY says in there. SCARY stuff in that bill.[IMG]
  4. TyBrown New Member

Ha! That's a funny idea. It would be great to decipher it so that the majority could see what a bad idea it was.
  5. diannakelly04 New Member

The best part is that no one would know if you got it right!
  6. volybal3 New Member

Here is another idea.

People who are so concerned about letting people know "what is on the bill" should just tell it.

Don't ignite conversations about something you haven't done yourself, if you had, you would let us know about it.

I actually think that people are overreacting because of all the fuzz being put out there. The fact of the matter is that we are one of the most developed countries in the world if not the most, yet we don't enjoy the benefits of health care that other less developed countries do.

How can this be? Something need to get done... there is time for change. It may not be pretty at first, and I guarantee you that many people are going to be angry, but unfortunately it need to get done because we no longer have the luxury of making mistakes like the ones that got is in this mess in the first place.
  7. getagrip Gold Member

mountainmom5: That would be a great idea and then BROADCAST it to all the rest of the world that is ignorant of what it REALLY says in there. SCARY stuff in that bill.
    That's a good idea - it does help when the public actually knows what is in a bill...
  8. Andy3568 New Member

That sounds like a good idea. Your first customer can be the US Congress since most of them probably won't read it before voting on it.
  9. grh395 New Member

Hi - I've just joined .. and found a discussion of health! but, this is an interesting one for me because I don't understand the US health system at all - except that provision seems a bit harsh. So a translation of the 1000 pages into (hmm!) ten lines of text (ha ha) would be really interesting to read about ... and not too long for my attention span.

I'm a Brit - an evesdropping ousider - and we have the National Health Service which receives a lot of criticism everywhere for lots of reasons - but I don't think that's fair.

Personally I think the NHS is absolutely brilliant because I never have to pay, I have always been treated when I needed it, and from my perspective, the treatment has always been excellent - and I have had my share! I guess since I have lived with it all my life, I accept it.

I definitely feel that I would be worse off without it, regardless of the taxes I pay to support it.

Anyway - this is not an offer to translate the bill - but if someone does get it down to a few lines, send me a text! [IMG]

Graham
  10. BHP New Member

Have a friend who is a medical student in britain. he has almost a year to go, and is doing a cycle of practicals. During his shift, he (a student) is the most senior member of the hospital. There are no other doctors.