Here's what I'm doing, any other suggestions?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by diane622, Sep 17, 2009.

1. diane622

diane622 New Member

Hi Everyone,

Well, I am currently writing articles, using Google Adwords, have done some SEO, and contributing to forums. Is there anything else anyone would suggestion for promoting my website?

I will add that I could probably be writing more articles but EA always frustrates me in how long they take to approve the articles. Should I just submit them to other article sites and not EA?

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance,
    Diane

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

diane622: Is there anything else anyone would suggestion for promoting my website?
    There are several additional methods you can use, and many of them are contained in the free ebook you give away from your .info website.

By the way, you are missing a strategic opportunity to capitalize on that give away by not capturing the name and email address of visitors who download your gift.

The "Download Your Copy Here" hyperlink should lead to a page requiring that information before granting access to the ebook. This way you can start building a list of people with whom you can follow-up and establish a relationship.

A responsive list is the backbone of a successful web business.

Hermas

P.S. Diane, I sent you a PM!

Edited to add the P.S.

H

3. diane622

diane622 New Member

Thank you, Hermas, for the suggestions, including my own ebook as well as a landing page for growing a list, as well as the guidance offered in your PM. It is very much appreciated.

Diane

4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

A8ch: There are several additional methods you can use, and many of them are contained in the free ebook you give away from your .info website.
    lol@Hermas...sorry Diane but that was just too funny ;)

Hermas is always trying to get me in trouble by making me laugh all the time ;)

You're using some good methods so far.

Not going to view the eBook but consider doing the following:

I would indeed use EA. Don't worry about how long an article takes to get approved.

Consider creating a Squidoo lens.

Create a press release.

Comment on blogs within your niche and be sure to use a sig link.

Submit to a small handful of key directories within your niche.

Offer to create a guest post on a blog within your niche.

That's more than enough and may in fact be overkill.

Warning: Only do this for your very best posts or you won't make much of a splash and the splash you do make will be short-lived.

Good luck,

~Newbie Shield~

6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

You have gotten some really great tips here, Diane - I picked up a few for myself, in fact.[​IMG]

7. diane622

diane622 New Member

Yes, Hermas got me - look at what's right under your nose!! [​IMG]

Anyway, thank you, Newbie Shield, all of those are excellent options and I will certainly try every one of them.

MountainMom, Glad you found a few to use as well!

Have a great day all!
    Diane

8. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Submit your sites or articles to some social bookmarking sites like Digg.com, as this will likely give your articles a higher ranking, as backlinks increase page rank...

9. diane622

diane622 New Member

Getagrip,

I will certainly try that! Thanks! Diane

10. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

You can also use onlywire.com and socialmarker.com for you bookmarking. Also you can utilize free site like squidoo, hubpages, and scribd.

11. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Make some videos. Videos get great Search engine ranking and you create back links on your profile to your sites or blog.

Simple videos with just words are fine and can drive traffic and get your message/ad out there.

12. Peter Clarke

Peter Clarke New Member

Your website is just the end of the trail, you should have the following as a minimum (in addition to your site) facebook, a blog (blogger is nice and easy, Twitter, YoiuTube and Myspace. These sites act as signposts to your website, catching interest and sending on for mor info.

Once you have set up these, you need to build backlinks with selected keyword groups as the anchor text - the more the better.

But allthis will be in vain without the lure of great content.

13. debbystewart

debbystewart New Member

Social media work best for me. Facebook, twitter, myspace, digg, delicio.us you name it.
    You can use all the social networking sites that are out there to promote your site.

14. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello Diane,
    There are so many content sites which require no approval.

Some of my favorites are:
    Squidoo
    Hub Pages
    Scribd
    Go Articles
    US Free Ads

You could use Tumblr
    and Wordpress

I like Live Journal too

I hope this helps,
    Victoria

15. bzimm

bzimm New Member

Rewrite some of your articles you have on ezine and post them to the various web 2.0 sites that have high PR. Point them back to your site as well as to each other. Also, submit your articles to diretories such as

Goarticles
    Amazines
    ArticleDashboard
    Article City