Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by bonjourvn, Jul 31, 2009.

1. bonjourvn

bonjourvn New Member

I'm a new member. This is the 1st time I entered this forum. Can someone give me some idea about working at home? I mean types of jobs

2. pinkyparrot

pinkyparrot New Member

Hello bonjourvn,
    Let me be the first to welcome you to this forum.
    I believe you have come to the right place. If you are looking for "job opportunites" then check your local job board or local paper.
    If you are looking for ways to make some money online, then you are in the right place.
    Personally I do surveys and a little affiliate marketing to make some extra cash. I have a full time job so that's all I have time to do. I'm sure that others here will be able to provide you with more info on what they do. Just remember that :
    1. If it sounds to be to good to be true, then it is too good to be true.
    2. Not everyone wants to help you.
    3. Don't pay for anything. If you don't pay , then you can't lose anything but your time

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Welcome to the forum! I think affiliate marketing is the best way to go! [​IMG]

4. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

hi there,

Welcome to the forum. as getagrip says, affiliate marketing is the best way to go. If you want to do affiliate marketing, make sure you what is affiliate marketing actually [​IMG]

5. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

robinincarolina: Affiliate Marketing!
    Yup - amen.[​IMG]

And welcome to the forum.[​IMG]

7. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

I agree with the four replies just above this one - affiliate marketing should be your main play.

~Newbie Shield~

8. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

Agree agree, Affiliate marketing is the way to go. There is a definite learning curve on it but it is totally worth it.

TSF

9. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Well if you are looking for a J.O.B. this is probably not the place to be.

However, if you are looking the freedom that can only come from being your own home business owner, then you are in the right place.

You will see opportunity to make money at home starting for free to paying a nice fee. Take a look and find your hook and may you too earn a living from the comfort of your home....Online of course[​IMG]

10. DaveWalters

DaveWalters New Member

11. JessH

JessH New Member

Hi everyone, I just signed up today and I had though of affiliate marketing. Does anyone have any recommendation as to where to start (trying to save myself the time and money of going in circles looking for the right starting point)? Thanks!

12. ZiggyZoo

ZiggyZoo New Member

Yes I have to agree Affiliate Marketing is one of the better ways of making money online. Having said that, its not for everyone - it takes a lot of dedication and patience.

One thing you can't do is "give it a try"... you either have to be commited or don't bother as a half hearted effort is just not going to cut it.

But hey ... you can make money [​IMG]

13. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Jess,

Lovely to have you join us. I answered your message, so look in your private messages box by clicking on the link at the top of the page. [​IMG]

Ziggy made a very good point. Affiliate marketing takes commitment, just as starting any business does. It's not quick and easy as so many sales pages like to paint it.

The free ebook on the Affiliate Masters Course (below) was the best thing that I found starting out that kept me from running in the proverbial circles you were mentioning. [​IMG] It's a nice way to get an understanding of what's involves with affiliate marketing via building a website on a specific topic as an online business - which is what I ended up doing.

Others prefer the 30 Day Challenge or One Week Marketing Plan, etc.

Have a little look around and see what suits you best. We're all different and have different types of drive, etc. What one person finds perfect, someone else finds completely disorienting or dissatisfying. Only you can decide what is right for you.

Blessings,
    Angie

14. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

I have to echo what happywife said. Take a look around to get a feel for what affiliate marketing is exactly. A good place to start is M5's "What IS Affiliate Marketing" thread: http://www.work-at-home-forum.com/general-3/what-is-affiliate-marketing-12007.html

Moving on from there, you can read ebooks or continue building understanding by signing up for the 30 Day Challenge (they're half way through now, but no reason to not check it out). I suggest the 30DC because it's free, explained in a way that is aimed at being understandable for even complete beginners, and is all done via video (so you get walked through things by being shown on your screen, which is handy).