home assembley

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by hollidolli, Mar 5, 2008.

1. hollidolli

hollidolli New Member

hi all i'm sure this question has been asked in the past but I just joined so I'll ask any way. Is there any real home assemble jobs? I know the scams of how you buy the materials then they say your product isn't up to their code. I know everyone wants a legitamate job so please don't answer if you are going to send me on a wild goose chase I've been through so much of that just trying to find online work I've almost given up on that so now I'm back to looking for home assembley.

2. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

I doubt you'll find any home assembly jobs that are legit. Have you considered any online methods of making money? I know there are a lot of scams out there, but there are a few truly quality opportunities out there as well.

3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hey Holli,
    Sorry you've had so much frustration and disappointment. I know it can be very disheartening looking for something that is legit.

I'm not familiar with any genuine home assembly jobs, but I wonder if you could find something local. That way you would be able to speak to people face to face and know exactly what you were getting into.

If you are set on doing home assembly, maybe you can canvas local craft stores or weekend markets to see if you can find someone who is looking for someone to do piece work. I know it's a long shot (especially depending on where you are from), but it wouldn't hurt to try.

You may even consider running a small add in your community paper letting people know you are available for that type of work.

You may even run across something else that would suit you. I've often thought that if I still lived in the US I'd try building a little home business making custom printed chocolate candy bar wrappers and other similar items for party favors, etc.

It seems like it would be fairly easy to promote at schools, churches, libraries, community centers, and local businesses, not to mention word of mouth.

There is an inexpensive software that I offer on my chocolate site for people interested in doing that. It provides the templates, etc. All you have to do is put the personal details in and print out the wrappers.

The only reason I haven't done it here is because the templates are all for American sized candy bars, etc., which we don't have here. [​IMG]

Anyway, that's just a thought. Sometimes you have to try and think outside the box to come up with something that would work for you and your situation.

I hope you find something just right.

Blessings,
    Angie

4. tiagal

tiagal New Member

I doubt it. I think they just prey on people who are desperate. I think most of them you have to put money into the program. I read something awhile ago that said most of the time they reject the work, so they don't have to pay anyone.

Valerie

5. pcwork

pcwork New Member

It is better to make your own crafts and sell them at the local craft market. For home assembly kits they have stringent quality standards