Honest question: how much $$$ in your first year?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by y3k_designs, Feb 8, 2010.

1. y3k_designs

y3k_designs New Member

I posted my first thread about Clickbank.com but am starting to understand the value of starting from absolute ground zero and doing research.....I have NO IDEA what I want to market or how to go about doing so.

I am currently looking into the 30 day challenge for some basic advice but wanted to get feedback on an honest question....

What sort of niche have some of you delved into and how much can you expect to make your first year on a part-time basis, investing roughly 4-5 hours a week?

Thanks

2. I think this is a very difficult question to answer.

If you are starting from scratch and only investing 4-5 hours per week, most of that time will be taken up with learning the skills of internet marketing - a bit like attending evening classes at college.

I am involved in quite a few different niches, some make more money than others.

Sorry I can't give a more specific answer.

Barb

3. westfam11

westfam11 Member

I agree with Barb.

The learning curve is the\biggest
    hurdle to get over.

And also you will be tempted
    to quit if you don't get the
    results you want fast.

Just keep reading on this forum and
    try to narrow down exactly what you
    want to do, learn what you need to
    learn and then consistently do what
    you need to do the 3-4 hours a week
    and you should be able to make some
    income.

Becky

4. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

The results vary from individual and individual.

Kyle and Carson say you can become profitable within any niche.

Now, if you begin with "weight loss" you have an extraordinary amount of work ahead of you.

Uncovering micro niches, with less competition... you may be able to generate sales more quickly.

The Thirty Day Challenge is a brilliant place to begin.
    I have participated twice and plan to do so time around also.

Some marketers begin with Squidoo, and once a few sales are made, will go on to create a website or blog they can completely control and own.

Have fun with it too!
    Victoria

5. residualcash

residualcash New Member

Most people are shown to go after affiliate marketing offer products you like, and that has it's merits, but I once heard it said, paraphrasing,

"Those who focus on giving the people what they need or should have will often find themselves out of business, as oppose to those who focus on giving the people what they want."

So find out where the people are actively seeking info and buying and go there, versus "you passion or love" and you may just make money a lot faster.

6. happywife

happywife Gold Member

y3k_designs: I posted my first thread about Clickbank.com but am starting to understand the value of starting from absolute ground zero and doing research.....I have NO IDEA what I want to market or how to go about doing so.
    y3k_designs: What sort of niche have some of you delved into and how much can you expect to make your first year on a part-time basis, investing roughly 4-5 hours a week?

Definitely questions that can be difficult to answer. I feel a sense of deja vu reading your post. I remember having extremely similar thoughts and feelings when I first started looking around online for a way to make some extra income.

There are so many different recommendations, and weeding out the "do-able" and the "realistic" is the first challenge. Then it's a matter of determining what is right for you as an individual.

I made a few trial and errors before I found SiteBuildIt which turned out to be my own personal perfect fit. Building my first niche site for affiliate marketing was an exciting challenge and a lot of fun.

I chose a subject that I was interested in (chocolate) and created a website (chocolate-candy-mall.com) using SBI. In my first year I made $1500. It seemed so little compared to the amount of time and effort I had put in.

However, the good news is that once the groundwork was laid, there was minimal amount of work to maintain the site (freeing me up to create more sites) and yet the income kept rising each month. Now that site makes several thousand dollars per year with practically on auto-pilot. (I do answer questions for my visitors which takes a couple of hours per week).

That's just one example to give you an idea. I have another site that does better and another that doesn't do as well. As others have advised you, there is no way to predict how much YOU would make with YOUR chosen niche. There are too many variables to consider.

What I like about SBI (and why I stick with it) is the tools included for researching your prospective niches, the site building tools, the constant upgrades, the step by step easy to understand instructions, etc.

If you genuinely want to make a go of this online stuff, you can't go wrong choosing SBI as your best way to learn and get you following the right path to build a long term business.

Blessings,
    Angie

7. RealMoneyMaker

RealMoneyMaker New Member

30 day challenge is very good. So do it what they said. Like Victoria said: "you can become profitable within any niche." Just take action.

8. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If you do things right or wrong, and you will make many mistakes then you will probably not make a whole lot of money. You might even lose some money here and there.

When you lose some money, don't sweat it. Just know that all the people who are doing very well online have failed their first few weeks and months.

Make your first few week and months online your trial and error time.

You can become profitable but if you hit a few roadblocks, just know that it is a part of the game.