Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by nk430, Oct 13, 2005.

1. nk430

nk430 New Member

I find linux servers to be the best when it comes to site balancing.
    I used to use powweb but their 99.9% reliablility apparently doesn't exist, not in my case anyways.

As far as web content management, I prefer Plesk over cpanel.
    Plesk seems to be a little more advanced, but it's streamlines and easy to use once you get the hang of it. Usually when you choose your webhost they give you a choice.

Be sure to search google for 'cpanel' and 'plesk' to preview them before you make a final decision.

There are a couple others, may'be a few I havn't tried. So if anyone has any other resources, let everyone know.

I still use the same old php as well, but plesk offers many advanced functions that cpanel and plain ftp dont offer

Thanks Guys

2. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

I've only ever had experience with Cpanel, but I like what I see. It's easy to use and access, even if it is a tad expensive for what it is (WHM/Cpanel is roughly $20 a month, and a lifetime license is $1100).

Linux servers are also the cheapest (for obvious reasons) when compared against their Windows counterparts and are pretty stable.

Do you have any reccommended server datacenters?

Thanks

3. PolskaSurf

PolskaSurf New Member

check out streamline.net, seriously the best hosting in the world. the only host that will guarantee your site will be on google within 6 weeks! [​IMG]

4. netjobs

netjobs Member

Quoting: PolskaSurfthe only host that will guarantee your site will be on google within 6 weeks!

I think only good backlinks and good contents will be indexed by google with a short period, probably not with host...

5. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge New Member

Microsoft is offering to give you a free domain if you signup for Microsoft
    Office Live Basics Beta (http://officelive.microsoft.com/default.aspx)

The only catch is, there is no technical support once you get a domain.

6. cupbucket

cupbucket New Member

This all confuses me, I just used weebly

7. BeInProfitMode

BeInProfitMode New Member

cupbucket: his all confuses me, I just used weebly

Me too. hehe

8. amarz

amarz Guest

I believe yahoo is hosting for websites now. [​IMG]