Hotel Rates for Prospects

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by ndueseason, Oct 24, 2007.

1. ndueseason

ndueseason New Member

Hello Everyone!

I am fairly new to Coastal, just under my 90 day mark. I haven't made any money yet, but I am determined to make this work. I am on a team with a bunch of awesome people!

I have a prospect and they are going out of town for the weekend. We both thought it would be nice if they could get a good deal through Coastal just to test it out. I started looking at the Quest hotel directory, but the rates seemed pretty average to me. Is there a better place to look without having to send in a voucher? And if I do find a good rate for them, how can they use it if the package membership is in my name? Also, car rentals?

I hope these aren't dumb questions as I really need to let them know either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks.

2. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Hi Paulette,

Generally others can not use the membership cards, but you MIGHT try using the access or the see america. Now...when you say the rates were not that good, that's relative to where you going. If your going somewhere that's not a resort area, the options might not be as great. Also, you do run the risk that the hotel might ask for the membership card.

Generally, you can expect about 50% off rack rate on just about any hotel. Now, our travel agent program offeres an ever greater discount in most cases.

I don't offer discounts like this to my prospects. From time to time, I will send out a vacation certificate.

Jay NaPier
  3. ndueseason

ndueseason New Member

Thanks Jay. I appreciate all I have seen posted by you guys. This is an awesome forum. I wish I had found it 90 days ago [​IMG].
  4. rhondap

rhondap New Member

I agree with Jay.

I generally give away the vacation vouchers but not try to locate deals on hotels etc and book them etc etc...that turns me into a travel agent and that is not the hat I am wearing...what will happen is that instead of them buying the package they will keep coming to you for a discount.
  5. jnapier

jnapier New Member

One more note if I may....

You know, when people have vacations and trips coming up, that's a motivation to buy the membership and start getting the savings.

Jay NaPier