Discussion in 'West at Home' started by suni315, May 19, 2009.

1. suni315

suni315 New Member

I have a shift 8 to 10 CST or if your eastern time 9 to 11.
    I have a power outage here in UNSUNNY FLORIDA where we are getting torrential rains So I made the trip to the library just to post these hours. Any help would be great cause I wont be able to check later,and even though the job makes me crazy I dont want to get fired and they will not give ET for weather only tech

Thanks suni
  2. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

Would love to help you out but I'm CVR. Hope someone took your hours. I'm in FL too and this weather is crazy! I can't believe the amount of rain and high wind. Our gate actually got torn away from the metal hinge. Thankfully our power hasn't gone out for longer than a minute. Stay dry!
  3. suni315

suni315 New Member

Hey Shawn

Thanks hope you are staying dry too!!! I dont think it will ever quit raining.
    Thats crazy you mentioned your fence, because 3 sections of my privacy fence has blown down and another three sections are just hanging on. Power came on a couple hours after I posted. I was worried because during Fay last year we lost power for 3 days!
  4. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

Same here, 3 days with no power, no a/c, and two kids with cabin fever. My hubby was the lucky one, he got called into work and they have back-up generators so he had hot food and a/c the entire time. I was sooo jealous! What part of FL are you in? We're in Jax.
  5. suni315

suni315 New Member

OMG I am in JAX too and I am sick of the rain although it has let up I was mowing between my c*T* shifts and it started raining on me again. So if your also in Jax you know I wasnt making it up about the rains. My oldest son said if we start seeing animals line up 2 by 2 we better get a boat!LOL
  6. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

Small world!! That is too funny. Crazy weather this week, we've went from cold and rainy right back to hot and humid!

So how do you like CS? I'm on CVR and the hours are hard to come by. The rumor is there is another line coming up. An invite would be great but with the kids getting out of school I'm not sure how I'm going to swing working during the day. They're great kids but they have the typical love hate sibling syndrome, lol.

I wonder if there are any others out there from Jax. What part of the city are you in? We are Intercoastal West, Kernan area.
  7. suni315

suni315 New Member

Hey shawnfl

I am in the arlington area of jax. To answer your ? about CS I dont really like it very much but there are lots of hours available all the time. I think that is due to the fact the complexity of this call line is very stressfull. My AHT is hard to keep under control and they are going to start giving out PINs if we arent able to keep a 270 average mine is about 316. In todays economy and all the changes that are being made people are calling in for multiple request as opposed to just one thing. I had someone keep me on the phone for 40 minutes last week and there was nothing in my power that could have made the call any shorter other than just hanging up. It was tolerable when they were giving out the great bonuses it kind of justified the stress factor doing it. But now they have stopped the bonuses and are just straight up 8.50 an hour it hardly seems worth it at times. I would like to resign the line but am afraid I wont get another offer. I worry to that the other lines that hours seem hard to come by from what I have read on these boards. What is CVR like?
  8. Flipflop_Girl

Flipflop_Girl New Member

Hi Shawn, Suni,

I am not on your line, actually work the Cr****t line but I read all of the posts because alot of the issues seem to be global and pertain to all of the lines. Stalking, tech problems, etc.. but just wanted to add that I also understand the rain situation, I live in the St Aug area! It started again at 4pm today and hasn't stopped yet! I thought that we were finally going to get a break!
  9. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

Hey Flipflop_girl your not too far way either! I agree with you about hours and stalking. I think it's every skill. I haven't been able to get any hours for the last 2 weeks. I'm starting to look at some other options and hope something else comes through by the end of summer when the kids go back to school.

Thank goodness we are finally getting a break from all this rain! I think we are going to head to the outdoor veggie/fruit market at the park this afternoon. Get some food and play!

Have a great weekend!