Hours up for grabs, due to tech difficulties, thanks to...

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by smittys_mom, Apr 15, 2009.

1. smittys_mom

smittys_mom New Member

....W#st or C*t*, who knows whose fault it really is, but as usual, neither is taking the blame.

I have up for grabs:

Tonight-- 7:30-8, and 8-8:30

Tomorrow/Thursday-- 9-9:30 AM
    9:30-10:00 AM
    10-10:30 AM
    10:30-11:00 AM
    11-11:30 AM
    11:30-NOON

Yup, I was gonna have big hours this week....at least for me, a starter. Thanks to THEIR tech foulup, I have NONE, because I can't login now. I have some other hours too on Friday and Sat., but I'm holding out hope they might have my ID/pass issue straightened out before then, and I can still keep those days, and maybe even pick up a few more to make up for the hours I've lost since last night, and those above that I now can't work.

I was so excited about finally being able to schedule hours and make this job work! Now all I have left is a tiny spark of hope that maybe they'll get the glitches out, and I can work a few by the weekend. I have ahd NOTHING but trouble since last night, which was to be my first shift worked, and it was only an hour. Now I've screwed off two more shifts-- four hours in all-- just because of problems on W#st's (or C*t*'s) end of things....I have been thru the wringer, jacked my PC all around with the P*Ls advice, when it was really just fine to begin with, and missed my daughter's ballgame, for nothing. This d@mn job better take a turn for the better, or I will be SO done with it.

Rough thing is, I already told my boss at the retail store to ease back on my hours for the next week, since I'm trying to transition to West as my sole employment. Shot myself in the foot there, I guess, eh?

And, knowing I want to leave, and having had four people just quit on him for better job offers (I'm telling ya, this store bites), he is already hiring replacements, and I won't be able to get those hours back if this West thing goes south. Great.

Please grab these if you can, I'd really appreciate it. The tech I talked to put Fri. & Sat. on downtime, but told me I was on my own to find takers for today & tomorrow's hours. I really don't want a bad review, or to get tossed already, because of non-compliance!

Can't believe it, haven't actually worked a stitch, and already having to put hours up for trades. Wow. What an outfit.

2. Nikkbunny

Nikkbunny New Member

I went through the exact same thing. It took 2 weeks to get it straightened out...........b/c I was quiet and didn't raise hell. If it is your SG password and or log -in keep calling them and keep calling them until they fix it. If you leave them to handle things on their own time you will be waiting until pigs fly.

3. suni315

suni315 New Member

OMG,

So sorry that is happening to you. I think it is a large pile of BS
    They should have to give you EXCUSED TIME if it is a problem on there
    end it is consider technical wether it be C*T*& or W*S* but that is the one thing I do not like about this company are there policies toward the homeworker. My power went out due to severe storms
    and the lightning was awful I asked to get ET since it was mother nature not me just trying to skip a shift!!! Sorry NO can do!!!!! They ask PLEASE pick up hours Blah blah blah DO US A FAVOR So we can keep making loads of money off the contract with C*T* and they cant give ET for a user name and password not working TOTAL CRAP MOM

4. klute08

klute08 New Member

I know what you mean. I am having the same problems, but in my case is my computer, or that is what they saying. I have vista 32bit and everytime I try to log in gives me a security error. I've been for more than two weeks trying to sign in and calling PALS, they even transfer me to tech but no help. Now they are saying they put a ticket and that I just have to wait!!! The worst thing, I signed for recurring schedule thinking everything would go smoothly and now I am stuck!!! They assured me that I would not losse those hours and not be responsible for the hours that I would not be able to work. They better do that, because Iam getting really pissed with this whole thing!

5. smittys_mom

smittys_mom New Member

Yes, thanks to all of you for your encoursgement and advice....right after I posted this, an actual team leader-- MY Team Leader, who up to now I had no idea even existed, called me, and explained that there is another West employee, on the SAME team, working the C*t* line with the SAME NAME as mine-- except for the middle initial. Well, somewhere along the line, laziness, error, sheer chance, no one caught this, and somehow the C*t* system apparently catches it when one of us is logged in already and the other one tries to. It's been screwing HER up as well as me!! I had trouble thru that last month of training-- apparently, more than that I was reading others were having!-- and SHE was having trouble with Av@y@ and other tech issues....

Kerry seems to think it will be resolved quickly, but new logins have to be received from C*t* while they straighten this mess out. And as I recall, it took WAY too long to get my logins in the first place!!

Meanwhile, I have been placed on Temp Block again. I can't train or attend webbys even, so I just sit. And wait. I don't get to work until it's cleared up.

So, I am GLAD to know it is NOT my PC, or me, and I'm glad the mystery is solved. In fact, I believe I "met" the other employee on Facebook this a.m. after searching for her in another forum (workplacelikehome.com, I really enjoy it over there).

Meanwhile, I am not going to be held responsible for the hrs. I picked; West is clearing them from Spectrum and supposedly not going to make me accountable for them, as in no PIN or bad reports. Supposedly I'm only being paid for about three hours out of the aggravating 7 I spent yesterday and day before over this mess....but I guess any is better than none.

So now, off I go in just a little while, to the "brick & mortar" job I hate so much...at least I still have it, but what really bites is, I asked them on Tuesday to cut back my hours some so I could transition into this job & pick up more hours with West....the schedule's already made, and I'll lose a little money over the next couple weeks, from BOTH jobs! [​IMG]

On the other hand, I *do* hate that place, and I've been needing some more "downtime" for myself, to rest, and to get some work done around here, esp. with my horses....the weather's been so bad, whenever I have had a half a minute between West and the store job, I couldn't get outside to play! Maybe now in the next week or two, I will! [​IMG]

It's been a long awful waiting game all since the beginning with West...but I want this job so bad, and am so ready to start, I certainly hope it will be well worth it once it's all straightened out!!

I thought I was having the normal amount of "beginner's woes" with this job, until I found out what was really going on at the root of it all!

Wish me luck, and pray for speed in the "fixing" process, so I can get working![​IMG]

6. smittys_mom

smittys_mom New Member

Nikkbunny: It took 2 weeks to get it straightened out...........b/c I was quiet and didn't raise hell. If it is your SG password and or log -in keep calling them and keep calling them until they fix it.
    Nikki, I think that's the only way this got caught and picked up on yesterday...otherwise, who knows how long it might have been till the Team Leader called me and figured it all out! I was SO ready to just resign, and go elsewhere!!

7. smittys_mom

smittys_mom New Member

Hey, Suni, don't you hang out over at WPLH boards too? Did I see your name over there one day, or was I just thinking I did...?

Man, we get some hideous storms here where I am too....I hope I don't ever come across a deal like that! But if I do, you can BET I'll be sure they know about it and DO something about it! Some of our severe weather is severe enough to be considered an "emergency situation" according to West's training on the subject of disasters and workplace evacuation....even if I AM at home, I still may need to evacuate to shelter, right? [​IMG] Weather happens! Especially here in the Midwest....you'd think people in Omaha would know that, hahaha!

8. smittys_mom

smittys_mom New Member

Thanks, k....I almost signed up for the recurring after that last webby I took, thinking, wow, it'd be great to make extra$....but then I remembered, my kids' schedules, and the flexibility was the whole reason for taking the West gig, so I am now glad I didn't, in light of this trouble!

I've been getting kinda irritated with West's way of doing things lately too....now here's their big chance to prove me wrong and keep me from resigning and running off to the competition! [​IMG]

9. suni315

suni315 New Member

Hey Mom

Glad to hear it is working out for you BOUT TIME HUH?[​IMG] Yeah I do visit the other forum on occassion as well. I have two jobs and two teenagers so I stay pretty busy. Off to work some C*T* hours!!!
    Suni

10. smittys_mom

smittys_mom New Member

I have a similar situation in my home too....two teens and a pre-teen drama queen, haha! Girls 17 & 10, and the poor poy in between them at 14. It's busy here too, but they are great kids, I enjoy watching them grow up & doing stuff with them when I can! I like trying to get more time w/ my hubby & my hobbies....hoping this WAH gig will do the trick.

And the 2nd job at the store (although as of this coming week, THAT'S been cut back drastically, so I hope my C*t* mess gets straightened out by Tuesday, or I won't have any hours anywhere at all, really!) that job is a pain, in too many ways. (I have some arthritis & migraine issues that just get aggravated by the retail thing. So, I'm trying to make West my sole employer, or at least, make working from home my job, if I wind up signing on with another firm. But I'm going to stick w/ West for now. Got a few other irons in the fire, that I hope to make realities when I get rolling steadily with West here.

I've just had a BUNCH of time on my hands, and online, due to this West mess this week, so I have been all over the place. Too much time on my hands! Need to get outside and take care of some of my Springtime chores before it rains again!

How old are your kids? What other job do you work? Do you have a second line with West, or just C*t*? I sure wish West could put me into something else temporarily while I'm waiting for C*t* to get it together....

The store I work in was happy to reduce my hours, presumably to save on payroll, like they're constantly whining about and trying to do. However, when I told her I wanted to hover between 15 & 20 hrs. a wk., average about 18, the new schedule she made was for 13 hours!! YIKES!!! Talk about NO MONEY, but all the time in the world! I'm only working 8-3 Mon. & Tues. this week....the rest of my week is free. Very strange to have so much of my own time again, and a bit worrisome! $[​IMG]$ But they ALSO hired two new people, and I can't get those hours back. In fact, the second person was hired IMMEDIATELY and is on the schedule! (The first was hired a couple weeks ago, right after I made it known that I would soon be working both jobs, but before I requested a certain amount of hrs. His arrival didn't affect my schedule a whole lot, just for the better at the time.)

I just don't get it with this place. They didn't want me to quit, because they like the amount and quality of work they get from me, they told me so, and that was nice to hear it. So they were reluctant to give me time to give to the C*t* gig, but they wasted no time at all replacing me, and I haven't even quit yet!

I DO want the C*t* gig FAR more than the store job, though.....I just don't want to spend the next month broke, just when we were starting to get things caught up around here!

At least I'll be available for the kids and their ballgames and extracurricular stuff I always seem to miss. They're thrilled about it. I'm kinda happy about that part myself. Just worrying about $ again!

Hoping C*t* gets their act together fast, and West gives me the green light again! I can hardly wait....at least I will be able to pick up extra hours to make up for the loss of hours at the store, by then, and maybe we'll be able to continue in our catching-up process as successfully as it's been going...?

Talk to y'all later! Got a day off and sunshine, and too many errands to run, so I don't want to waste a second of it! [​IMG] PM me sometime, or visit my Myspace (Tranquility Base, the one with the Pink Floyd stuff on it, and the watery background!) and write me sometime....I would love to hear about your family and interests. It would be nice to make friends with another WAH mom from West!

~~Laurie

11. suni315

suni315 New Member

Hi MOM,

I have boy ages 14 and 18 that eat me out of house and home as well as all of their teen friends who love to hang out at my house. They have drama too!!LOL.
    I have a cleaning business that keeps me busy. I clean commercial vacation properties at the beach here in sunny florida and the west thing works out perfect because that schedule..well, you never know because the days and times change and will be extra busy now that the season is just around the corner. I imagine I will be working mainly nights during the summer months.
    I love working from home and wish I had found it years ago. My kids think its pretty cool that I can be home and get paid. Its a beautiful day here and I have to go finish my yard work.
    I was able to pick up an hour here and there tonight at C*T*
    Hope you are able to get you logins straightened out soon. By the way did you do the recurring schedule? Wish I could to pick up that extra buck fifty an hour but I need the flexibility more! I just hope that I dont end up having to troll for hours once all the agents have been trained and west is fully staffed !![​IMG]
    Hope you have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SUNI