How can I find links to my work from home business?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by koosvj, Sep 21, 2011.

1. koosvj

koosvj New Member

What would be the correct way to find matching links to my home business? I just finished building my website and were told the quickest way to drive free traffic to my website is to post links from similar sites on mine.
  2. PuckShmuck

PuckShmuck New Member

I found a cool way to drive traffic to your site that I never thought of. I am not even out of the training phase for my online business and I am swamped with leads and call backs. I have a 25% response rate. That got my creative juices flowing and I found a few good ways to drive traffic to my website.
    I've been marketing my site on and off line. First, I went to Vista Print.com and designed my own postcards to mail out around my neighborhood. (I am dealing with health care benefits so I can do this.) I don't know if this is something that you can utilize but if so I would highly recommend doing it. The post cards are free for the first order and they give you 100. All you do is keep it short and simple with medium or large size font. I have the instructions for this type of marketing on my blog but I am not sure if we are allowed to post URLs to blogs on here. So you'll have to ask me for it.

You can stick the cards on bulletin boards if mailing them out is not an option. Grocery stores, bars, laundromats, restaurants or anywhere you find one.

Another way I found to get traffic, and this one is producing on a daily basis, Prizes.org. I went on there and entered a few contests about working at home ideas and left my URL for them to check out and people have been visiting through that link every day since. I also use linked In, stumble upon, digg, blogger, facebook, twitter. It's all good.

If you have a Facebook account why not create a fan page for your website?

Other way to get traffic to your site is by listing it with a search engine submission site. Make sure your meta tags in the head section of your website have the top ranking keywords. I always use "Sex" as one of my keywords even though it's not relevant because it always gets my site on page one. You can research the top 10 keywords that will get your site listed on page one if you google it. "The top ten keywords used." should do it.

You can also use the signature and vacation response options of your email accounts. I have short ads with my links in both my signature and my vacation response. I get a lot of email so I get a lot of exposure.
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

PuckShmuck: Other way to get traffic to your site is by listing it with a search engine submission site. Make sure your meta tags in the head section of your website have the top ranking keywords. I always use "Sex" as one of my keywords even though it's not relevant because it always gets my site on page one. You can research the top 10 keywords that will get your site listed on page one if you google it. "The top ten keywords used." should do it.
    Hi Terresa,

I'm glad to hear you have found some ways to increase your traffic and generate leads. I'm going to check out your suggestion about the prizes.org site and see what that's all about it. It may prove interesting and helpful for a variety of niche topics.

I would like to caution you and other members, though, to reconsider what you are doing with your keywords. It's really NOT a good idea to use unrelated keywords, whether it be "sex" or something else, simply because you discovered it is a high demand phrase.

It might work for you in the short term, but once the search engines pick up on what you have done, you'll be banished to the bottom of the heap and have a hard time getting back up again.

Google has been making some really major changes throughout this year to try to improve user experience and deliver relevant search results. There's been a big shake up (some fairly and some unfairly) and in the end it is going to be those sites that are providing relevant content and valuable high quality content that win out.

"Tricks" work for a while sometimes, but "keeping it real" works for the long term benefit of your business.

Something to think about...

Blessings,
    Angie
  4. PuckShmuck

PuckShmuck New Member

I see your point on the keywords. And thanks for the good advise. I think because I am dealing with health benefits and sexual issues are health related I might stand a better chance of getting away with it but just to be safe I"ll create a dummy site on health benefits and see what happens to it. If it gets tanked then at least my real web sites will be safe from the spiders of death. LOL
  5. PuckShmuck

PuckShmuck New Member

Oh yeah I wanted to say also that I checked my web stats to see how many more visitors I got to my one site and the count was up 19 in one day. MAN I love prizes.org. LOL
  6. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

happywife: "Tricks" work for a while sometimes, but "keeping it real" works for the long term benefit of your business.
    Truly that is the key thing in any business [​IMG]
  7. mogulmedia

mogulmedia New Member

koosvj
    It sounds like you mean building backlinks to your website, am I right?

This is part of an search engine optimization strategy. If you do a Google search for "backlinking" or "seo" you will find a wealth of knowledge how this can help you...
  8. In addition, you can create backlinks by commenting on blog websites that are related to the subject matter of your business.

For example, if your site is about selling gift baskets, you can make comments on blogs that discuss gifts and/or gift baskets. When you make your comment, you would include a link to your website. That link is considered a backlink, inbound link, inward link, incoming link (there are a number of names for this).

Another wonderful back link building program is actually offered for free. You get 25 DoFollow backlinks to your website every day and to my amazement and that of others, it is at no cost to you.

Do follow means that Google will follow the link and give you credit for it. No follow (NoFollow) means that Google may not give you credit, but this is a subject that is under discussion and many have an opinion about that. I am not sure what side of the coin I am on regarding that discusssion.

Building backlinks is a part of any great search engine optimization program, often referred to as SEO. You have to build traffic and one of the best ways to build traffic is to build your backlinks.
  9. wfh2earn

wfh2earn New Member

Love the ideas given on this page. Just want to add one thing, There is hardly anythinglike "getting quick traffic and looking real."The key is if your content is real and good the traffic will come, you just have to be patient. I believe google,bing, yahoo have really very good engineers and its easy to dodge them for a while but not for long.
    So keep your patience, promote your site and content with social network and hope your organic sustain traffic begins asap. I am not against SEO's. i respect them as well as they are also very intelligent people. But I believe there is nothing like shortcut and legal way to earn huge rewards.
    Best of luck and thanks all once again for giving so informative posts.
  10. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Nice marketing tips. Getting out and marketing is how one gets results that's the name of the game. Consistent and effective marketing yields positive results.
  11. mreese601

mreese601 Member

The fast way is to go to google type in your keyword then the + sign and you will see a list of blogs about your topic.
  12. ricksalas

ricksalas New Member

Hi Koosvi,
    I assume that you want backlinks not only to get the most amount traffic to your site but to be a successful business owner. Backlinks are just a small part of getting traffic but you might not even need them if you can constantly get your product and services keywords in the top 3 on the search engines.

Your objective is to be at the top because it shows that you're a leader and someone to join. I can show you how to get hundreds of backlinks for almost nothing. Most 0 page rank but many 4, 5, and 6.

You don't need that many if you really take a look at what the top leaders have on the net. It's mostly on page and off page SEO as well as the age of the site. Here's a few crucial elements to have...

1 Set up a Wordpress website that has all the plugins to get you the syndication you need. You can join somebody that shares gives you hundreds of dollars worth of plugins from a developers license.

2. Have a team that masterminds with you on how to constantly increase conversion on your website.

3. Have a team that shows you how to easily create content that attracts prospects like a magnet to your website.

4. Find out how to put your content syndication on autopilot.

5. Get information on how to Search Engine Optimization to Dominate your niche.

It's all about saving money by joining a team that has people that know what their doing. Never rely on any one system or business to get what you want in business my friend. I want you so much to make it. But you'll need to get a few results fast and improve as time goes on and as you learn.

If you want access to our Mastermind team that shares information for our team that some leaders have said is worth 10s of thousands of dollars let me know.

Our business is nothing if we can't provide the whole game plan for almost nothing at all for our members. But yes, you can learn how to get backlinks the easy way and everything you need to make you successful.

But it's not just about backlinks if you want to dominate in your niche. It's about you wanting it bad enough and becoming fully independent. If you want to check it out let me know.

To Your Success!

Rick