how did you get going?

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by matth763, Oct 12, 2008.

1. matth763

matth763 New Member

hi, i got PL a few weeks ago but my stumbling blocks seem to be finding a niche area.

I just draw a blank trying to think of something worth while, or more to the point.... thinking something profitable!

Any tips?

What got you started?
  2. rockprincess

rockprincess New Member

I first got started writing on Associated content. they are amazing! I really prefer them to anything. I don't really know how to do the whole website thing, i would love to start tho! Got any other ideas?
  3. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

If you are going to be doing affiliate marketing, take a look at Clickbank.com. Notice the "gravity" which is the rate at which the products are selling. Products in the niches with high gravity rates are hot topics.

This would also work with Adsense, if you choose to earn money that way. Anything that is selling really well will come from a profitable niche.
  4. matth763

matth763 New Member

Thanks for the responses. Yeah ive had a look an clickbank but everyting with a high gravity would suggest the competition would be very high. I dont have much funds to compete!

What's associated content? That a nifty way of saying affiliate marketing?!
  5. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

matth763: Thanks for the responses. Yeah ive had a look an clickbank but everyting with a high gravity would suggest the competition would be very high. I dont have much funds to compete!

There are free ways to drive traffic to your website. Do some keyword research, and you can have your blog, articles, websites, etc. on the front page of Google. No matter the competition, you can still get some viewers to your sites if you work hard.

If you want, look at some of the gravities in a lower range, around 80-150. These products are selling well, but are not the top sellers.

matth763: What's associated content? That a nifty way of saying affiliate marketing?!

Associated Content is a website where you can get paid to submit articles. It has nothing to do with affiliate marketing or adsense.
  6. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

Also, think of topics you are interested in. Creating blogs and websites for things you have an interest in will be easier and more enjoyable. At least, that would be a good place to start!
  7. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

ok guys, the easiest way to get started is by article marketing. If you have PL, you should probably start looking at the project section videos on how to do keyword research.
    1. Find a niche
    2. Type in the keywords into the free adwords tool
    3. Find the longtail keywords (around 30) that have a high enough search volume- write them down.
    4. go to google and type the keywords in with quotes. If you get results between 1000-5000 you have a really high chance of ranking on the first page of google with your aritcles. Also type the keywords in without quotes. If you see an ezinearticle already on the first and second pages, that keyword is worth it because you know you also have a chance of ranking on the first few pages.
    5. Write 30 articles around those kewords that you picked and submit them to ezinearticles or goarticles.com
    7. Wait a week or two until google crawls ur pages. You will notice you will get traffic and some sales. this is how you can get started with no money, or website.

*note*- Make SURE you do the keyword research. You can use the free wordtracker tool and google adwords tool. I usually dont pick a keyword that gets searched less than 1000 times per month.

*note*- Be sure to put a link back to your blog in each article at the bottom, and make sure that you pick a hot product to sell that is relevant to your niche.
  8. KDMiller55

KDMiller55 New Member

To add to what makemoneyonline has said, I'm a beginner who has joined the 30 Day Challenge (www.thirtydaychallenge.com). Now, it's probably going to take me a bit more than thirty days to get through it, but I have found the help and information extremely informative and detailed. You may want to give this a try as well in order to further your progress.
  9. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

agreed
  10. rgov

rgov New Member

Write 30 artiles or find them somewhere and copy them to your site? I don't think I have the skills to write 30 artiles myself on any topic. Thanks.
  11. KDMiller55

KDMiller55 New Member

Well, I don't think plagiarism is the answer...[​IMG]
  12. duckbird

duckbird New Member

I've had PL for over a year now, It hasn't helped me at all.
    I'm sorry I wasted my money. But I'm not complaining
  13. rgov

rgov New Member

How many sites have you built? They made no money??
  14. happywife

happywife Gold Member

rgov: I don't think I have the skills to write 30 artiles myself on any topic. Thanks.

You'd be surprised at how easily you could write articles. The trick to getting started and getting comfortable at it is to pretend like you are explaining something to a friend.

A lot depends on your niche, of course. If you are marketing to a very 'technical' crowd, you may need to speak more formally, but for most topics you can just write as you speak.

A good exercise is to choose the keyword or phrase you want to write about and then just sit down and start writing for 10 minutes about the topic. Don't worry about structure, grammar, etc. Just write what comes into your head about it.

This will open up some good ideas and directions for you to take the topic. You can sometimes get a few different article ideas out of that type of exercise. All you need to do then polish it up.

Give it a try and see if it works for you. What have you got to lose?

Blessings,
    Angie
  15. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

duckbird: I've had PL for over a year now, It hasn't helped me at all.
    I'm sorry I wasted my money. But I'm not complaining

LOL!

DUCK!

How are u and what are you doing these days to make your online millions?

[​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~
  16. 040107

040107 Member

There are some nice ideas posted here. Thanks guys![​IMG]
  17. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

Hi,

Duck nice to see you again [​IMG]
    Sorry to hear about Profit Lance, I am sure your luck will change [​IMG]
    what have been up to ?
  18. matth763

matth763 New Member

The PL system mentioned following the data...or "let the data guide you" wen finding a niche

but everyone seems to mention writing about something you like or know about. Trouble is everything I like is pretty much covered from A to B!

Has anyone had success from just following the data (ie keyword searching and guiding you to a niche topic) or just from their own ideas then exploring them?
  19. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Matt,

I doubt you are ever going to find anything that isn't 'covered from A to B' regardless of whether you choose a personal interest or follow the numbers.

You don't have to find a niche that hasn't been tapped, you just have to find one that has decent demand with reasonably less supply.

Do you think my chocolate candy site is the first chocolate candy site on the web? [​IMG] Of course not. But the data showed that there was room for me, too.

The reason it is generally recommended that you choose a subject you like or know is two-fold.

1. You will be more believable because your own interest and knowledge will show through (ideally) and eventually position you as an expert on the subject.

2. You won't get as easily bored, frustrated, disillusioned, etc., and quit because you enjoy your subject personally.

Even though your own interests may seem to be done to death, there may be a particular angle that hasn't been. Can you narrow your own interests down to a more focused niche.

For example: If you love keeping tropical fish, that may seem like too broad and competitive. You can narrow it down to a specific type of tropical fish or maybe a particular aspect of fish keeping - fish tanks, fish diseases, etc.

Having said all that, yes, you can still have success choosing a niche that you aren't particularly interested in if you find a good niche where the numbers appear to be profitable. Many people do that.

In that case, you are going to need a lot of self discipline to keep you going at it until you start making enough money to keep you interested.

It's just not as much fun writing about something you don't genuinely like. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  20. bdkfreedom

bdkfreedom New Member

Hey Hemjoe(and others),
    Quick question for ya! My girlfriend and I just got started with the Profit Lance course and have learned soo much so far. We feel that right now while we are "learning" still, we can promote the Profit Lance system. I'm curious, do you think that promoting the given site in the program should be advertised or rather starting our own Profit Lance review site(i think thats what you did)? Thank you in advance for any suggestions!