How did you get started?

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by mclaug43, Sep 1, 2008.

1. tazer92

tazer92 New Member

hi,

how are you? i just read your posting and i know is last year but i just wanted to ask if you are still employed with arise and your exp with them. i just completed the background check and need to schedule my acp101 testing.

any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thx much.

2. Dcharles

Dcharles New Member

I used to own my own company in the real world (not the internet) it was an courier service we had 4 big vans .but i was partnership whit my younger brother and all i can say is don't work whit your brothers
    so we sold the company i was young only 20

Them i moved on to the internet After doing some warehouse jobs what was NO fun ,and i knew i was going to set up online

so this summer i quit my job and tried to make money online i join a lot of programs what didn't work and i got down to my last $100 and i joined this club
    and its paying off i made in my first 3 day over 200 but my next step is to bring in 1000 a weeks almost there.[​IMG]

3. catevanne

catevanne New Member

mclaug43
    hi- I wanted to ask what are GPT site and PTC sites?

4. neveenapink

neveenapink New Member

You can try some survey sites or assemble sites

Survey sites
    cashcrate (different tasks)
    inboxdollars (different tasks)
    instantcashsweepstakes (3 question surveys and video surveys)

Assemble at home
    supercrafters.webs.com (assemble crafts) $10 to $400 a week
    sorry forget the site but when i find it i will give it to you (assemble bears)

I only listed ones i have received payment from. The bear one is the only one i haven't. A friend told me about it on another forum and i am waiting for her to get her payment so i can see if it is good or not. The others ones are ones i generate my money from. Cashcrates takes the longest for me to make money

5. sherryw17

sherryw17 New Member

I started working from home as a medical transcriptionist. I did have to pay for a course, which I completed online, but I have been working from home as an MT since I graduated 4 years ago. I, however, am finding the work very boring after 4 years, so I started researching other ways to make money from home. I finally decided on network marketing and after 6 months of researching different companies decided on one and started in November. So far I am loving the change of pace and am loving having daily interaction with people again after working a solitary job confined to a desk for the last 4 years.

6. simpleflair

simpleflair New Member

I worked for a company for many years while setting up different projects online. Eventually I got the nerve to create my own site and haven't turned back. Just make sure to follow your heart and never settle for the promise of making big.

7. amicof

amicof Member

I got started blogging about something I care...you can actually start creating a facebook page. They rank very well in the search engines and, if you like, you can immediately invite your friends to like it. If you don't have a product, you can always run affiliate marketing campaigns...(I'm sure you're familiar with clickbank). Anyway, hope it helps...

8. KB24

KB24 Active Member

How I got started was reading forums like this and taking action on what I read. I would suggest though for the people just starting out that have no clue have a plan or somewhat of a plan because when I first started it was just too much information for me. I read so much that my head hurt. But I started out with using free methods creating a blog and directing traffic to that blog by writing articles. To make this work you need to be consistent with it..I am no millionare but its money that I didn't have.. so this "make money online" thing does work it your stay focused and don't quit.

hope this helps..

9. Nick Germanakos

Nick Germanakos New Member

I did started with my girl on a video game competition site which gave us valuable experience on many things after that she got involved in a sails company that makes ISO for security issues and she is leading their online presence on a huge site under my personal coaching but I am like a ghost :p No one knows I exist ! hehehe in The present time I got involved, after so many years in sales, In a known project out there as long as crisis here in Greece struggles the economy and I took the decision to focus on what I know to do best and that is Internet Marketing. By the time I did started with that project, I had too many doubts about it but soon enough they disappear as long as it is still working like a champ and we are talking about a residual income here. No turning back for me now and soon enough I ll be again self employed.

10. barbara20

barbara20 New Member

Well, at first I've worked for others online as a writer, promoter, etc.. but then I've joined a marketing team and we've setup a good business. This is the usual way to go, first you need to learn, then you get on your own, if you're lucky.

11. Nicole E Brodie

Nicole E Brodie New Member

I am a soon to be mum..... I started learning about affiliate marketing and I am now working my..excuse the french BUTT off and its all paying off. Get the right product, something you believe in and a great support network with a friendly community and it can also be very enjoyable. I have started with a company that has provided all this and even though i was overwhelmed to start, I am feeling amazing now!!!

12. skadler

skadler New Member

Don't laugh now but a worm business is an excellent way to create an income from home.

It is sustainable, can be started on a shoestring budget and profitable. I started 15 years ago with just 1000 worms in an old bucket in my garage. After about 3 month I placed a free ad online and made my first sales of bait sized worms to keen fishermen.

The worms are eating my kitchen and garden waste and are converting them into high quality organic plant foods.
    They are multiplying like crazy and although I sold millions of worms over the years I never had to buy in additional worms.

I believe Eco friendly businesses are a good way to go.

I wish you all the success you deserve!

payment proof and Just2EZ like this.
  13. Pamelagreen30

Pamelagreen30 New Member

I started doing data entry and seo in one of the largest online workplace. Before, I am doing it part time just to support my husband's income, now I work at home full time.

payment proof likes this.
  14. Chick80

Chick80 New Member

This is all really interesting, hearing how everyone else started going it alone. I'm pretty new to this, been doing a bit of proofreading/editing and writing a few articles. Hoping to build it up more though.