How do we recover from this?

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by RickKelley, Aug 6, 2008.

1. RickKelley

RickKelley New Member

I have read a few people suggesting to contact a lawyer, call your Congressmen, your state Representative, your State Attorney General, etc.

Has anybody contacted anyone in particular?

Has anyone been directed to contact anybody in particular?

Should we call the USAG and continue to fill up his voicemail and hope that somebody contacts us?

I am sure many are looking for suggestions and feel kind of in the dark as to what we should do.

2. dbass2

dbass2 New Member

Heres what I did.

I looked in the mirror at myself and said out loud the following to myself:

"You are stupid"

Then I erased it from my memory and went about my day

3. vikingfan

vikingfan New Member

The government has 53 million dollars of OUR money. If they are truly looking out for us they will pay EVERY PENNY back to the members that lost money.

I am hearing that with 12DailyPro they came up with every excuse in the book NOT to pay people back. We need to be strong in demanding the 53 million gets back to the members.

4. RickKelley

RickKelley New Member

Great idea DBass, though it gave absolutely NO good information.

Try to keep the nonessential postings to a minimum please.

5. nkelly

nkelly New Member

dbass2: Heres what I did.

"You are stupid"

LOL. I love it!
    I don't think $53 million is enough to pay out everybody by any stretch. It's only enough to pay out the last rally!

6. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

nkelly: I don't think $53 million is enough to pay out everybody by any stretch. It's only enough to pay out the last rally!

The Government needs it to pay for Earmarks

7. decolorofmoney

decolorofmoney New Member

The multiple lawyers grind it up & use it for steak sauce.

(Sorry, wink).

8. nkelly

nkelly New Member

OK. I have a great idea. Andy says he doesn't do anything without first running it by the man upstairs. Well, maybe we should take this to the top and have him influence Andy. Lets all pray hard that he sees fit to voluntarily return all of our initial ad pack purchases.

9. TommyT

TommyT New Member

As you can see I am a newbie here. I have been "following" ASD since June and have been following this forum (and a couple of others as well) for a good month now. In June a coworker of mine came in the office all excited about this [his words] great new program that pays out great rebates for surfing websites 5 minutes a day. He then recruited pretty much everyone in my office except for me and one other guy. We were considered the "naysayers" and were more or less mocked for our decision to not join.

The reason why we didn't join was because I did some fairly in depth research via the web on Andy/ASD as well as other companies with similar business models (i.e. 12DP). I found some serious red flags about Andy that did not come to light on a generic Google search of "Andy Bowdoin". But as we all know he used several name variations. In short, I was not comfortable with the info that ASD was putting out to it's members, too many claims and that were either unsubstantiated or flat out false (BTW I never did found out what two Indy cars ASD is supposed to sponsor[​IMG].

Why others that invested thousands into didn't take the time to do their DD is beyond me. I was sending almost daily emails of info to the ASD members that I knew, warning them to get out of this program before it collapsed and before they got any more of their friends and family vested into this. None of them listened. One of them took a $10,000 cash advance on his credit card just a few weeks ago for the Chicago rally. I asked him if he was crazy and he laughed. Told me I was crazy for not taking advantage of this. This is not an "I told you so" because honestly I am sickened by the fact that so many of the people that I know are going to lose a lot of money. Most of you here stand to lose a good chunk of change as well I imagine.

I just wish that most here could realize that ASD is done. Andy is toast, and if you are lucky you might get back 20-30% of your what you gave to ASD, I hope you do. There is a ZERO chance that ASD comes back-yes ZERO. Nick Kelly is one of the few here (IMO) that is living in reality and has accpeted that ASD is a PONZI and is gone forever. Listen to Nick, he's accepted the fact that he made a poor business decision and is ready to move on, I would suggest the same for everyone else. Best of luck to everyone, guess I might be vilified as a "naysayer" but hopefully not, just a realist.

10. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

nkelly: OK. I have a great idea. Andy says he doesn't do anything without first running it by the man upstairs. Well, maybe we should take this to the top and have him influence Andy. Lets all pray hard that he sees fit to voluntarily return all of our initial ad pack purchases.

That's actually pretty smart. Beats praying that Andy will win the lawsuit!

11. logicalusa

logicalusa New Member

nkelly: OK. I have a great idea. Andy says he doesn't do anything without first running it by the man upstairs.

You're assuming he was referring to God. What if he simply meant the tenant upstairs? [​IMG]

12. dbass2

dbass2 New Member

RickKelley: Great idea DBass, though it gave absolutely NO good information.

Try to keep the nonessential postings to a minimum please.

My post was very simply telling you to accept the fact that you and everyone you signed up have lost the money. Nothing you can do can change that. Move on to the next opportunity.

And while were on the subject of non-essential postings, I scrolled through all of your postings and noticed the same theme in all of them. You crying about what you can do to recover your money. Not one of your dozens of posting had any good information, so practice what you preach and keep the non-essential postings to a minimum. In fact that would eliminate ALL of your postings!

13. nkelly

nkelly New Member

logicalusa: You're assuming he was referring to God. What if he simply meant the tenant upstairs?
    Thanks!! I really needed that heart felt laugh!!!

14. cowboy58

cowboy58 New Member

You all set here and bad mouth Andy but what I want to know as how many of you made money with ASD?

15. kec

kec New Member

dbass2: Heres what I did.

"You are stupid"

[​IMG]yep, me too....that made me laugh--your post

16. RickKelley

RickKelley New Member

Well Dbass...I am still trying to find what you have brought to the table other then jokes or remarks that are doing nothing for the situation. I seek advice, nothing wrong with that! I am not bringing essential information because I am seeking essential information at this point...apparently something you can't provide.

We are all just trying to get through this.

17. dbass2

dbass2 New Member

RickKelley: I seek advice, nothing wrong with that! I am not bringing essential information because I am seeking essential information at this point...apparently something you can't provide.

Au contraire my little friend. The essential information is very simple. Ill tell you one more time in plain simple english since its apparent you are having a hard time understanding the essential information in front of you. Apparently you had a hard time deciphering my hidden messages contained within my comedic post. Here it goes one more time. There is nothing you can do but wait. Your money is gone. Its very unlikey you will ever get a dime of it returned to you. There is no one you can contact that is going to help you get your money back. There is no one on this forum that is going to help you get your money back. There is no God you can pray to that will help you get your money back. There is no attorney to contact that is going to help you get your money back. The good news is that this advice "essential information" is free of charge. No thanks needed.

18. antwan

antwan New Member

Ok, that was hilarious! Great attitude, I'll think I'll try that.

19. alasycia

alasycia New Member

RickKelley:
    I have read a few people suggesting to contact a lawyer, call your Congressmen, your state Representative, your State Attorney General, etc.

Has anybody contacted anyone in particular?

Has anyone been directed to contact anybody in particular?

Should we call the USAG and continue to fill up his voicemail and hope that somebody contacts us?

I am sure many are looking for suggestions and feel kind of in the dark as to what we should do.

Write to [email protected] (ASD recommended email for support mails on advertising results) and your congressman, your senator, your newspaper, the Department of Justice.

Tell them about the benefits of the ASD advertising to your business, charity or whatever your site . Tell them about sales, sales leads, increased memberships to your own programmes, increased site visits, better internet profile (rankings and Alexa ratings) as a result of your advertising with ASD.

Remind them that Google Adsense charges money, as do all other advertisers and do not guarantee success and many of us have paid for failed campaigns in the past. ASD gives us a rebate - Google doesnt - does that make google a scam?

And let them know that you want the ASD Advertising Site BACK! and to tell the AG to give us back the advertising we paid for.