How Do You Guys Manage Your Time?

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by Kesha, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Kesha

Kesha New Member

I'm about 4 months into doing my business from home as well as a single mom of a 2 year old and 7 month old, as well as a full time RN in a very busy ER. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a plate full of things to do on a daily basis. I've come up with a schedule to maximize my time with my business, family, and home, which starts at 5a.m. I always hear that if you treat your business like a hobby, you'll get hobby checks. How much time do you guys spend operating your business from home?

2. westfam11

westfam11 Member

I have found a business that takes very
    little time and I am making money every
    day. There is no hype. It is free to
    join and check out before you decide
    if you want to put any money into
    it.

I work full-time at another job but
    I expect in six months to be able
    to make a full-time income from
    this business.

I have a full-time job and I was
    running myself to death working
    my other businesses and have a family
    to take care of.

Since I found this business I have
    so much more time and once I am
    able to quit my J-O-B it will really
    be a blessing.

Becky

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Kesha: I always hear that if you treat your business like a hobby, you'll get hobby checks

You are right - treat it as a hobby and it can cost you like a hobby, but treat it like a business, and it will pay you like a business...quite handsomely, in fact!

Kesha: How much time do you guys spend operating your business from home?

I usually spend a couple hours a day on my business. I have 4 kids still at home and am a homeschooling Mom, so even though I am not working outside the home, I do have a busy schedule and it depends on what you do in your business.

I like to do admin work early in the morning and also at night...

4. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

Hello Kesha,

I have 2 young children and a full-time job as well. It can definitely be a challenge to run a business with such a busy schedule. I try to work my business at least 2 hours per day.

5. justme

justme New Member

Consider reading the 4 Hour Work week. Also, have you considered hiring a virtual personal assistant?

6. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

justme: Consider reading the 4 Hour Work week. Also, have you considered hiring a virtual personal assistant?
    I was wondering about this book. I was at Barnes and Noble and Borders hunting for it with none in stock. Is it a worthy read? I may just order it online.

I wish I could hire an inexpensive person to actually set up and maintain a website for me. I do not have the time or really inclination to do so, but not sure on the costs, and still want it to reflect "me".

7. RyanMis

RyanMis Guest

So then, how is it going so far. I know that it is tough with kids

8. juno44444

juno44444 New Member

Kesha: I always hear that if you treat your business like a hobby, you'll get hobby checks. How much time do you guys spend operating your business from home?

I think that hobby statement might be one of the truest if also most overlooked statements in the field of Internet Marketing!!!

It's too easy to work on the fun and easy stuff and put off the important things till later. You can spend a whole day getting lots of little stuff done and not write one website page, not writing one unique article, and not writing one blog post. But imagine if every day for a year you wrote at least one blog post, no matter what else you did?! Each with your own original content?

You would have some serious assets to monetize, providing you started out with some good keywords.

9. sashawk

sashawk New Member

Set goals and plan each week and day in advance so you are always working on your highest-outcome tasks. Set aside specific times each day for specific tasks and you will habitually complete them.

10. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

Time is one of the biggest issues, being a full time student makes things rather difficult, I just try and do the best i can. I find prioritizing is the best, work on the stuff that is going to make you money.

If only we could freeze time [​IMG]

11. pcwork

pcwork New Member

I have few distractions, but still there is never enough time.

12. Phil Stones

Phil Stones New Member

I try to do serious stuff in the mornings and have a 'fun' session after lunch - then do serious emails and marketing and leave personal emails and stuff till evening

13. kesharn2

kesharn2 New Member

Thanks You Guys!

For the comments and suggestions. I've made it easier for myself by planning each work month in advance. That way, everyday for a month i know what it is i need to complete next. Each day, i do my normal house work ect and wait for at least 1 child to take a nap. Fortunately for me if at least 1 of them are napping i can get at least 2 hrs of work done. When they're both awake they're constantly feeding off of each other which makes it a little more chaotic. Some kind of way I get things done. Maybe it's that burning desire....

14. bdkfreedom

bdkfreedom New Member

My girlfriend and I recently had our first child and both work 9-5 jobs and are trying the whole online business stuff! We both are determined and very dedicated to the stuff we are working on and find that when one parent watches our little girl for a couple hours at night, the other parent can go to the other side of the house and actually put some quality time in. We then obviously switch for a couple hours giving us a good 3-4 hours a day, working our online business!

15. dani_nae

dani_nae New Member

it is hard work that is for sure, but eventually it is all goign to pay off!

All I know is that I should buy stock in folgers coffee or starbucks! LOL

16. kesharn2

kesharn2 New Member

dani_nae: All I know is that I should buy stock in folgers coffee or starbucks! LOL
    LOL! you're right on that one!

So, it's been a few months since that last post and I smile and am really proud of myself because I really did stick to planning out my months in advance (I'm looking at my planner now). I do get everything that I want done in my business for that particular day. Business is coming along great! If anymore tips are out there keep 'em coming!

Kesha

17. jeffathome

jeffathome New Member

I've have found there are never enough hours in the day. There will always be things to be done just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

18. mediafreak

mediafreak New Member

It depends on your availability and the time that you can allot to your business.

You just need to have determination and motivation to do it. Think of the earning you will get.

19. tmorrison

tmorrison Member

I spend alot of time working on my online business. I do work full time but make sure that I put in quaility hours online.

20. kevo1969

kevo1969 New Member

Hi Kesha,
    Yes managing time would be an issue working and managing a family. my advise to you would be to set aside 2 hours a day for your business and thats it to begin with that way when you are doing your business that is all you are doing for 2 hours.
    Start small and it will grow but be patient.

Kevo