How do you learn to write and market an ebook?

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by jmwe29, Jun 9, 2009.

1. jmwe29 New Member

Hi, I've done quite a bit of research over the years on health, nutrition and disease prevention through diet and would love to get it all into an ebook to sell online, but don't know how to go about it. I've got the information on my computer, I've constructed most of my chapters with clip art and have downloaded a little program to convert to pdf format.

One thing I have learned through an internet marketing course is that it needs to have the right key words for the health/nutrition niche; still working on getting that figured out. Where do you go from here? Would clickbank be the best way to promote it? And can you use a squidoo page for the "pitch page"? I don't have a website of my own except for my stuff there at squidoo.
  2. getagrip Gold Member

Clickbank is definately a good way to go, although it will cost you $50 to get it approved. You will need to design a pitch page - I don't believe Clickbank will allow you to use Squidoo as your pitch page. Don't get too caught up in keywords right now - focus on getting it finished and designing your website. After you have gotten those two things out of the way, and it has been approved by Clickbank, then you can start marketing it.
  3. jmwe29 New Member

Thanks for the pointers. Any suggestions on where to go for a website? I don't have the first clue.
  4. getagrip Gold Member

You can download free web design software at NVU.com - and you can get free web design templates at OWSD.org - it will be a little tricky, but with some practice, you can figure it out. Come to think of it, check out Weebly.com - that will make the process really easy! [IMG]
  5. sapphire81 New Member

You also might try marketing it at Paydotcom.com. I've heard it's a good site to use. It's like Clickbank with a few differences.
  6. jmwe29 New Member

Thanks to you both; I'll check into these sites tomorrow.
  7. robinincarolina Silver Member

And there is Payloadz as well. You can sign up for bum marketing, he sent me a video explaining a lot about it.
  8. A8ch Gold Member

jmwe29: One thing I have learned through an internet marketing course is that it (the ebook) needs to have the right key words for the health/nutrition niche; still working on getting that figured out.
    Your ebook will be naturally peppered with keywords and key phrases simply as a matter of writing it. But that's not going to help you with search engine ranking when it's compiled and published. The search engine robots can't access the keywords when the ebook is in PDF format.

Like Getagrip says: "Don't get too caught up in keywords right now - focus on getting it finished and designing your website."

It's when you get to the website stage that you'll need to focus on the keywords. You'll want to sprinkle them liberally throughout the website's promotional copy. The website will become your primary sales representative. That's the major tool you'll be using to push the readers' hot buttons, peak their curiosity and get them salivating over your masterpiece. (It's also a ClickBank vendor requirement.)

It is the website that will find its place in the search results, so that's where your keywords and key phrases need to be featured.

If you need further guidance on ebook writing, I highly recommend Ellen Violette - TheEbookCoach. Ellen has developed a system for writing and marketing ebooks that now earns her six-figures a year.

Hermas
  9. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi jmwe29,

ClickBank is a good choice for promoting digital products.

You'll want to get a paid hosting account for your sales page.

Try either HostGator, BlueHost, HostMonster, or similar.

I'd recommend a multiple domain account. It's only a few dollars more per month.

Make sure you know the fundamentals of online marketing well before you do any of this.

See the free 30 Day Challenge thread here on our forum to learn about online marketing:

30 Day Challenge - Post Your Experiences Here

~Newbie Shield~