How do you relax?

Discussion in 'Stress Management' started by payment proof, Jun 2, 2012.

1. whitney black

whitney black Member

I usually either watch something funny, or just lay down and go to sleep, or take a hot bath. Green tea also helps me relax :)

payment proof likes this.
  2. Tina19

Tina19 New Member

I like listening to music and reading my bible . This always help me relax.

3. AllanJames

AllanJames New Member

Well, I'm pretty relaxed all the time :) but, seriously, I'm living in my motorhome full time and wandering around all the lovely spots in my beautiful New Zealand ...

Looking at snow capped mountains
    Fishing in lovely lakes.
    Flying in microlights
    Having a beer with locals in small towns
    or just sitting in the sun reading.

Very! relaxing.

4. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I've always wanted to visit New Zealand. It seems like it's amazing where you live with so many different types of terrain. Sounds like you are taking full advantage.

5. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

If my brother reads this, he'll get depression for sure. He had been to New Zealand once and absolutely fell in love with it's beauty. He dreams of settling there one day.

6. DiaJacob

DiaJacob New Member

I would go out, have a walk or meet up an old friend for coffee or exercise. Sometimes working at home could be boring and lonely (my whole family is not at home in the day time. For exercise, I do rock climbing, cycling and running. These activities give me aspirations to work harder and boost my esteem!

7. Jamie Watson

Jamie Watson New Member

Hi, stress is quite exhausting right? My way of coping with stress is working out, listening to music or ambient sounds, or sitting at a park while looking at the sky.

8. Bika

Bika New Member

Relaxing for me comes in the form of working out and listening to classical music.

9. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I am with Joey on the meditation. If I am having a hard time clearing my head of jabber, I use guided meditation. I get the best ideas and solutions when I practice this regularly!

10. Jenergy

Jenergy New Member

I do Tapping or Emotional Freedom Technique. You can search for videos on youtube on how to do it. Nick and Jessica Ortner lead a great program and you can find free videos. I also like Epsom Salt baths at the end of my day, getting in nature, and exercise. New Age music is good to and keeping calming scented candles lit. Dab lavender oil on your temples.

11. florbags

florbags Member

12. Jennifer783

Jennifer783 New Member

For me relaxing can be a little yoga or it can be when the kids are asleep and im drinking a cup of tea with my husband while watching a funny show or listening to jazz with my eyes closed because i can picture myself in front of the stage of a harmonious saxophone player..

13. Vanessa Deifel

Vanessa Deifel New Member

While I was building my own business I was still working a traditional 40+ hour a week job as well, organizing a house and five kids, and serving on the board of directors for my churches children's ministry. Time was a commodity I just didn't have any of. So it became even more important to have a list of things I could do to destress from simple and quick to more time consuming and complex.

I discovered exercising is a great way to alleviate stress for me...it leaves me amped up and motivated. I also enjoy simply being outside in nature....just walking/hiking, sitting and listening to the birds with a cup of coffee on my deck, gardening...or something more crazy like zip lining, paragliding, etc. I enjoy a nice bubble bath with a glass of wine or a half h0ur of peace to read a book. It depends on the day and the budget. But with a variety of things that calm and relax me I can always find something.

14. michellej

michellej New Member

Taking my dog for a walk. If I do to much exercise I want to take a nap.

15. CKC

CKC New Member

Playing computer games or reading with my "I Love Lucy" DVD on in the background. :)

16. John Blue

John Blue New Member

Just like you, I enjoy spending time with my family. I enjoy eating my wife's recipe too. That's how I relax.