How has it been going for you for the past year ?

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by rovingdigital, Dec 24, 2008.

1. rovingdigital

rovingdigital New Member

Been working at my business for a year on the 31 of Dec.

How is it going .
    Well I have taken 4 Major trips this year compared too . one trip a year before that. I have made a income in this business of a tenth of my normal income. see that growing every day.

Have met a lot of people all over the world.
    My web site went from 12 visits a month last year to nearly 150 visits and 16000 hits a month.
    There is a lot of things to be thankful for . This is business and I see that all is going great.

Also did I mention the Tax advantage that I see coming out of having a home business.

Have a Great Christmas and New Year Les (rovingDigital)
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Let's see - how has my year been...

I kinda sort did a turnabout in the past year as I had been doing mostly network marketing for the past few years, and although I did fairly well at it for awhile, averaging several thousand a month, I wasn't really 'in love' with what I was doing... and I was spending a fair amount a month on advertising costs to market my business.

I wanted more freedom so I got into affiliate and seo marketing and although I have not quite gotten back to making that amount - neither am I spending much of anything to do what I do!

Because of everything I have learned about seo and keywords, Squidoo, Blogging etc, in the past year - I made about a thousand in November and almost doubled that in Dec so I am happy... [​IMG]

Plus, I absolutely love what I do - I can do it at night while the kids are sleeping and early in the morning.... and I don't have to try to sell anything - lol

Happy New Years all - and if there are any newbies browsing the forum tonight, please know that it IS possible to make some money on the internet - but also know that it simply doesn't happen overnight!

We would love to hear YOUR story this time next year![​IMG]
  3. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

mountainmom5: ...I made about a thousand in November and almost doubled that in Dec so I am happy...

Hi Mountain,

Glad to hear that, you rock!

mountainmom5: ...Plus, I absolutely love what I do...

That makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it? It shows in a person's writing and can be carried out for years instead of a few short months. Passion really makes a big difference.

Way to go,

~Newbie Shield~
  4. opendomain

opendomain New Member

If i could almost re-write mountainmom's post to the letter[​IMG] Including amounts.

I still work with opendomain. ws, but more as a facilitator. People ask questions and I point them in the right direction. In fact I've shown many of my downline how to work via affiliate marketing, and while I don't get a commission on that end it makes me feel really good because I know I've helped them out.
    I just enjoy affiliate marketing more. It's less demanding, almost as profitable and I don't have to focus so hard on advertising it. PLUS of the 4 products I have out I like them all and could marketing them for days. It's just much more fun IMHO
  5. rovingdigital

rovingdigital New Member

this year too come is going too be fun. I have learned there is a lot more out here. meeting people and getting to know people than always trying to make money. oh boy did I say that.

One day maybe I will be able to make a living to stay with my passion the internet and travel I see it coming.
    Have a great Day Cheers